Is the infailible trophy exploit patched

rayjenjoeryry_jr

14 minutes ago, fisty123 said:

A small part of me is thinking this trophy exploit was leaked on purpose, the last two days a lot of my games did not have 60 players start yet since this news came out every single one is maxed.

I doubt that, when I played a little bit last night I did notice a fair few people quitting games early when they were behind (mostly Fall Ball) which I doubt is behavior they would want. I assume servers were maxing out at around 50-55 due to the various server issues they have been running into.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, fisty123 said:

A small part of me is thinking this trophy exploit was leaked on purpose, the last two days a lot of my games did not have 60 players start yet since this news came out every single one is maxed.

That's highly unlikely. Trophy hunters are just a small number to overall playerbase and since I am the one who more or less "leaked" it (at least here and on another site) I can assure no one paid me or told me to reveal that method. Would've been great though to get paid for it xD

Edited by Savyna

I was just on a three win streak and got to a Royal Fumble finale. I wanted to practice quitting out if I had to do it quickly at the end and I COULD NOT PAUSE THE GAME. Maybe not allowing pausing is the devs workaround before they can patch the game. Anyone else experience this?

Edit: starting up another match and on the first race, Whirlygig, I still couldn't pause the game.

Edited by EPICRAGE

33 minutes ago, EPICRAGE said:

I was just on a three win streak and got to a Royal Fumble finale. I wanted to practice quitting out if I had to do it quickly at the end and I COULD NOT PAUSE THE GAME. Maybe not allowing pausing is the devs workaround before they can patch the game. Anyone else experience this?

Works normally. I have no problem quitting at Royal Fumble or anwhere else.

Edited by Savyna

7 minutes ago, Savyna said:

Works normally. I have no problem quitting at Royal Fumble or anwhere else.

So either this was a weird glitch at a very bad time (my three win streak) or something else. I restarted the application and now I can pause, but I'm also not on a win streak. SO maybe if you are on a streak pausing is DISABLED? I guess I'll have to win another crown to find out....

6 minutes ago, EPICRAGE said:

So either this was a weird glitch at a very bad time (my three win streak) or something else. I restarted the application and now I can pause, but I'm also not on a win streak. SO maybe if you are on a streak pausing is DISABLED? I guess I'll have to win another crown to find out....

It was just a bug.

Edited by YesImAPwnda

Just now, Emina said:

So how does this work exactly. I have to win a few games first then quit out just before the timer ends?

I guess my question is do I have to win a game first, then can quit every other game thereafter?

Quitting just ensures you don't lose your streak. You still have to win 5 games, just quit if you suspect you're going to lose a game and lose your streak

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Erkawest said:

Always leave the game before timer runs out to be safe! Don't risk staying too long on team games, scores can change any second, even the last. Try to anticipate if your team is safely winning or not, many times I left when it was a tie or my team was last 5 seconds before the match ended. Better safe than sorry.

I even left Slime Climb a couple of times if my run wasn't perfect, it's easy to fail there if you get stuck in the group and lose your streak

Another tip: Don't be stressed about the trophy, be calm, relaxed and focused. I spent 3h and played like crap, couldn't win any games, lost easy rounds when I heard about it getting patched. I took a break and came back calm and focused and beat 5 games within 2 hours

This is good advice.  It's hard to quit out in time on Hex finals as you can easily make a mistake and alot of the finishes are so close.   

20 minutes ago, neahcrow said:

This is good advice.  It's hard to quit out in time on Hex finals as you can easily make a mistake and alot of the finishes are so close.   

I did 4 wins on Royal Fumble final (tail chase) as it was the safest one for me, you have time to quit if it looks like you will lose. Also for me it was the easiest one to win, I kept the tail for the full 2 minutes against 3-5 enemies without problem. It's all about psychology and doing unexpected things, I always acted like I'm heading one direction only to suddenly drop down and run towards where the enemies came from when they try to go around. The easiest is to group all enemies together, it gets pretty tough when they split up, but it's possible tricking them

Fall Mountain is too risky, even if I was 1st and did a perfect run without being hit, the crown was floating up in the air as I arrived every time, making me wait 2-3 seconds for other people to catch up and then it will be random who will win. Lost many times like this.

Hex-A-Gone is okay, but depends a lot on luck and skill. You can do one mistake and you will fall down many levels and sometimes there won't be enough time to leave the game when it happens.

Edited by Erkawest

38 minutes ago, WumpaJuice said:

Quitting just ensures you don't lose your streak. You still have to win 5 games, just quit if you suspect you're going to lose a game and lose your streak

Ohhhhh got it now. Thank you!

This trophy is a complete disgrace.
I can't count how many times I've gotten these errors both in normal rounds and in finals:

DSC-0012.jpg

I don't mind skilled games at all. But since so much is luck based combined with the server instability, makes this trophy a fucking joke.

Clearly if you played this right when it came out, it was much easier to obtain - as the players overall were pretty clueless how to optimize their strategies.

The longer this game is out, the more impossible this trophy will become.

As a general advice, just stay away from this shitshow of a game, untill they either fix their servers, or make a squad based matchmaking to gain the 5 wins in a row.

Edited by janzor88
typo
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, janzor88 said:

Clearly if you played this right when it came out, it was much easier to obtain as the players overall were pretty clueless how to optimize their strategies.

Yes, like in every new Online Game. But this time the servers said: Nope.

3 minutes ago, janzor88 said:

This trophy is a complete disgrace.
I can't count how many times I've gotten these errors both in normal rounds and in finals:

DSC-0012.jpg

I don't mind skilled games at all. But since so much is luck based combined with the server unstability, makes this trophy a fucking joke.

Clearly if you played this right when it came out, it was much easier to obtain as the players overall were pretty clueless how to optimize their strategies.

Yeah I was going for this tonight and ran into this error again after a win which I have received several times the last few times.   Didn't get a crown and not sure if it paused or broke the streak so I gave up for now. 

It's hard enough as it is and now these errors too.  

2 hours ago, EPICRAGE said:

Edit: starting up another match and on the first race, Whirlygig, I still couldn't pause the game.

Seems to be a little buggy, it was happening to me and my friends to the point where we had to close the application because it wouldn't let us leave the show even after being eliminated

Hate to lose out on a 100% thanks to such a rigid trophy requirement, but it's whatever. Devs made their choice, and we're not entitled to 100%. It is what it is. I think if anything, this trophy has demonstrated the unhealthy obsession some have with the trophy system in general. I've seen talks of starting a petition, seen others asking people not to play the game at all (just over a trophy?), seen people go out of control, lose it, and make some seriously cringe posts over it. I think that's going too far.

Edited by Aurc