Trophy Thoughts

1 hour ago, Taliesin_2943 said:

Could you tell how the glitch was done so maybe we could try it out? I should get my copy Tuesday

I'll do you one better and give you a video on it

this here will show you how to get unlimited backpack space and as for skills I remember it being tied to something about the trainers but I can't fully remember what it was.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KANERKB said:

I'll do you one better and give you a video on it

this here will show you how to get unlimited backpack space and as for skills I remember it being tied to something about the trainers but I can't fully remember what it was.

Thx I'll definitely try this out when I get the game it seems like it would come in handy lol

22 hours ago, MidnightDragon said:

According to this video some improvements were made. Not anything earth shattering, but they’re nice things.

Maybe i got it wrong but it sounded to me like in the new hard difficulty the way the balance it is giving you less experience (I hate that), and all enemies your same level but in very hard enemies deals more damage and have more health. Well that last part got it watching videos of this streamer last night.

9 hours ago, GoldenShaka said:

Maybe i got it wrong but it sounded to me like in the new hard difficulty the way the balance it is giving you less experience (I hate that), and all enemies your same level but in very hard enemies deals more damage and have more health. Well that last part got it watching videos of this streamer last night.

It’s not giving you less, it’s just giving you the same as on other levels, rather than increasing it based on playing on harder difficulties. It’s to ensure you don’t advance too fast in order to maintain the challenge. Enemies re-scale each time you enter a ‘zone’ and each zone has a min and max the enemies will be set as. So, you will still be much higher than those in the starting areas as you progress in the game, but later enemies could scale higher and be more difficult - I believe they all have some form of health and damage boost though. 

6 minutes ago, turniplord said:

It’s not giving you less, it’s just giving you the same as on other levels, rather than increasing it based on playing on harder difficulties. It’s to ensure you don’t advance too fast in order to maintain the challenge. Enemies re-scale each time you enter a ‘zone’ and each zone has a min and max the enemies will be set as. So, you will still be much higher than those in the starting areas as you progress in the game, but later enemies could scale higher and be more difficult - I believe they all have some form of health and damage boost though. 

Ok, yeah I've noticed that boost in the videos. I've also heard that the loot has been scaled, is that right? Can get good gear in zones previously visited?

1 minute ago, GoldenShaka said:

Ok, yeah I've noticed that boost in the videos. I've also heard that the loot has been scaled, is that right? Can get good gear in zones previously visited?

Basically, it used to predetermine the loot when you enter a region, locking the level and type of gear based on your level at the time. Now, it chooses the loot as you open the chest, scaling to what you are at that point.

there is also a hidden stat in the background that increases if you get a chest full of general items, increasing your chance of getting something better next time. 

as last time though, the best gear and weapons are obtained through crafting and money isn't an issue - nobody should have to use any glitches or speed hacks, I had 4.7m at the end of my play through which I wasn't using. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, turniplord said:

Basically, it used to predetermine the loot when you enter a region, locking the level and type of gear based on your level at the time. Now, it chooses the loot as you open the chest, scaling to what you are at that point.

there is also a hidden stat in the background that increases if you get a chest full of general items, increasing your chance of getting something better next time. 

as last time though, the best gear and weapons are obtained through crafting and money isn't an issue - nobody should have to use any glitches or speed hacks, I had 4.7m at the end of my play through which I wasn't using. 

Everytime someone says crafting gives you the best I scratch my head and think What did i do wrong? ?

My best gear was always armor sets and my best weapons I got them In chests or mostly through vendors.

I don't think that i ever found parts with insane stats to grant me a great gear.

I tried crafting no more than 3 times but never got amazing stuff.

Well, also, i never put more effort than that because the original game on hard was easy.

Edited by GoldenShaka

52 minutes ago, GoldenShaka said:

Everytime someone says crafting gives you the best I scratch my head and think What did i do wrong? 1f604.png

My best gear was always armor sets and my best weapons I got them In chests or mostly through vendors.

I don't think that i ever found parts with insane stats to grant me a great gear.

I tried crafting no more than 3 times but never got amazing stuff.

Well, also, i never put more effort than that because the original game on hard was easy.

Took me a while but you have to invest in crafting good gems with decent buffs then breaking down strong gear and weapons so you can recreate them with various parts to add more stat boosts and slap a gem in there to further enhance it. 

I went about 2/3 of the game with default gear then the final stretch I had custom stuff and I felt like a God. 

Played this back when it was new, it's not a hard game at all, just time consuming. You're not going to need a guide to move through most of the game. I used pretty much the same gear from start to finish. While some class builds are more effective then others, all of them are OP enough by the final tier that you can crash through anything + that fate attack thing. For fun, try a mage/rouge build. You're literally sneaking up to a guy, backstabbing him, then blinking behind the next guy, backstab, blink, repeat. With enough mana and good enemy placement, you're just 'blinkstabbing' your way through a dungeon lickitysplit.

Edit: One note, I didn't look to see if there were trophies for The Legend of Dead Kell content, but you need to play a bit more defensively for that, as the monsters there are way more resistant to...everything and one class of monster will require a fully charged fate attack to kill.

Edit 2: Holy balls. Playing my copy now. So, EA liked giving out small gifts in all it's games at the time for owning a different game and/or playing it's demo. In Amalur, each town has a chest were these prizes are delivered, you can access it right at the start of the game. In lieu of those other games/demos being around, they just give you every goddamn prize. These aren't game breakers by any stretch, but it'll make your first few areas vastly easier. And the gear looks cool.

Edited by Jelly Soup

On 9/8/2020 at 6:22 PM, Jelly Soup said:

Edit 2: Holy balls. Playing my copy now. So, EA liked giving out small gifts in all it's games at the time for owning a different game and/or playing it's demo. In Amalur, each town has a chest were these prizes are delivered, you can access it right at the start of the game. In lieu of those other games/demos being around, they just give you every goddamn prize. These aren't game breakers by any stretch, but it'll make your first few areas vastly easier. And the gear looks cool.

I platinumed the original, the chest was in the first town and gave you the Mass effect gear.

Are you saying the Re-reckoning has that chest in every town? 

Are there complete armor sets in every chest? 

Otherwise you just had to complete factions to have a complete set.

All other pieces of sets were randomly put in x chests.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, GoldenShaka said:

I platinumed the original, the chest was in the first town and gave you the Mass effect gear.

Are you saying the Re-reckoning has that chest in every town? 

Are there complete armor sets in every chest? 

I platinumed the original as well. The chest is only in the first town, yes, but it offered more than the Mass Effect gear. There were other sets, weapons, fate cards and other stuff you could get from other promotions, like completing the Amalur demo. I'm saying the chest in Re-Reckoning comes pre-filled will all the reward sets since those promotions are gone. You'll get both fate cards, a rod that passively shows you plant locations, 500 free XP and an item that passively grants +1 persuasion. And lots of sets/weapons. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, maniek515 said:

Not something trophy related though I'll ask. Do you also find loading times terribly long? Leaving any house to an open world takes something around 30 seconds, honestly it drives me mad. I'm using external hdd so it may take a little longer but come on, this game is previous gen. 

The loading takes time. I have a ps4 pro and I'm not using external HDD.

Loading times are better in this version than the original, but are still long. Really makes you think about where you're going when you know there is going to be a bunch of wait times between each move.

23 minutes ago, sephirothdude said:

How is the hard difficulty for this game?

Manageable if you don't ignore quests. By mid-game you'll have enough abilities and decent enough gear that you can plow through pretty much everything left. Bare in mind that Hard mode will require you to use your Fate finisher on pretty much every boss fight, since most bosses can two-shot you once the fight starts. Don't be afraid to experiment with Fates and switch out gear for better gear, even if it breaks a set.

Other suggestions would be to try Fighter/Mage build so you have some crowd control and can take a hit. Might want to try Teeth of Naros when you find the trigger for it. Originally, the DLC's gear was set up as end-game like with it's bonuses and the monsters were more like mid-game level. You'll get some levels, some neat gear and the area is really cool

Edited by Jelly Soup
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
47 minutes ago, AndyKazama said:

Hi gang. I really want this as I have the og and looking for my next game. Problem is I've been reading there's plenty of issues. 

Is this true? If so, how bad are they? Have they been fixed?

Yours,

A huge fan of the PS3 original

They've fixed the crashing issue with the Adessa Armory and the Cynric Quarry on the original PS4. Don't know if the Red Marches fast travel glitch was ever fixed so look out for that. Loading times are still a bit of a drag and some spells can slow the game down. It's definitely doable/serviceable, but I'd advise having the old wiki or something open and making yourself aware of quest bugs. There's other content coming and probably a few more patches so I imagine more things will be fixed. It's up to you if you want to go for it, I have a feeling that this game will probably go on sale a lot in the future so waiting could pay off.

Edited by bikeman223

On 12/09/2020 at 10:33 AM, sephirothdude said:

How is the hard difficulty for this game?

Hard difficulty is more challenging than the original version but once you start to get better gear it does get easier.

I invested heavily in the Sorcery build and every fight I had the Faer Gorta along side of me. Upgrading the Faer Gorta is essential as he has a chance to steal enemies health and give back to you. The amount times it got me out of trouble makes upgrading and spending your points on him extremely valuable.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, AndyKazama said:

Hi gang. I really want this as I have the og and looking for my next game. Problem is I've been reading there's plenty of issues. 

Is this true? If so, how bad are they? Have they been fixed?

Yours,

A huge fan of the PS3 original

A friend of mine asked if I thought the PS4 version was worth it, and while for me it has been, I cant really recommend it to someone if they have access to the original (which that person does). The remaster just feels very lacking in actual QoL fixes, the scaling being the biggest one that's meaningful. Some patches to bugs and glitches is nice, and a new dlc is appreciated too. I only ran into one issue while doing the travelers quest. I got teleported to the side of a door that was unopenable on that side, but reloading fixed it. Other than that and some minor graphical wonkiness here and there, I havent had much issues. I'd say its worth it if you are itching to dive into this game world again, which is where I found myself. But for those who haven't played the original id just say go for that one..its easier too