Marvel's Avengers is here! .. Your thoughts?

SGRevan

15 minutes ago, ImAPirateSoSueMe said:

Im about 4 hours into the story, and loving it. My one complaint is the AI companions aren’t registered to do or stick to objectives so even with them, you’re forced to do the “heavy lifting” per se. But I am really enjoying it. Can’t please everyone though and people will shit on it regardless ?1f3fb.png‍♂️?1f3fb.png‍♂️?1f3fb.png‍♂️

Glad to see someone who enjoys it.

- I barely started it (played the tutorial), but I'm going to continue playing and probably focussing on one hero for now (If I can? ^_^) .

It is definitely improved over the beta.  I find the game is running smoother.  I also like how advanced the character trees are, a lot more than we saw in the beta.  I'm still not sure it is enough that this will become a game that I pour tons of time into long term, and the marketplace to buy costumes is just as awful as everyone expected.  Overall though, glad I purchased it, will probably be an easy (if time consuming) platinum, and the story seems solid enough.  If you like super heroes, this works well enough until Miles Morales shows up next year.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, JediOniram said:

It is definitely improved over the beta.  I find the game is running smoother.  I also like how advanced the character trees are, a lot more than we saw in the beta.  I'm still not sure it is enough that this will become a game that I pour tons of time into long term, and the marketplace to buy costumes is just as awful as everyone expected.  Overall though, glad I purchased it, will probably be an easy (if time consuming) platinum, and the story seems solid enough.  If you like super heroes, this works well enough until Miles Morales shows up next year.

Cool, haven't see the character trees yet.

Thanks for the feedback.

39 minutes ago, JediOniram said:

Do we need a milf's credit card to buy some sweet v-bucks along the way, or the game is not heavy on monetization? 

1 hour ago, Phantochi said:

Do we need a milf's credit card to buy some sweet v-bucks along the way, or the game is not heavy on monetization? 

It depends on how desperate you may be for emotes, takedowns and outfits, you can’t buy anything game changing with real money.

Future heroes will be provided free but will have a ‘challenge card’ that unlocks a range of cosmetic stuff and costs 1000 credits, but the cards are included for the initial six heroes and each card pays out 1300 credits so you’ll likely have 7800 credits to spend by the time Hawkeye arrives.  There is very little grind to max out a card, you only need to score 200 challenge points and you’ll get 22 just for doing two quick weeklies (e.g. kill 60 enemies whilst airborne) plus another 6 per day from two even easier dailies (e.g. defeat 25 of a particular enemy).  Play once a week and you’ll easily get 28 points, play daily and you’ll get 64 per week, so won’t take long to max out the 200.

If you do want to buy the elaborate outfits then that will get very expensive, 1400 credits ($14) just for one outfit, they seem to be going with the letting the milf credit card users fund the game through expensive stuff whilst the vast majority will likely be happy with what’s included in the challenge cards.  Personally I’ll make sure I have 1000 for the next hero challenge card and just spend the rest I earn from those cards.

Edited by richtayls
  • Like 4

15 minutes ago, richtayls said:

Enjoying it so far, but why oh why can we not change hero when in the helicarrier?  The only way to do so is to start up a mission and choose a different hero for that mission.

Helicarrier? Meaning the main campaign?

18 minutes ago, richtayls said:

Enjoying it so far, but why oh why can we not change hero when in the helicarrier?  The only way to do so is to start up a mission and choose a different hero for that mission.

You will be able to switch characters on the helicarrier later on in the story.

2 hours ago, SGRevan said:

Helicarrier? Meaning the main campaign?

Meaning in Avengers Initiative (multiplayer).  Although now that I’ve gone back there is a hero roster table that didn’t exist earlier so either it was in today’s patch or I was too early in the campaign or something.  In my defence I did search and found this site, I’m pasting the full quote from there below, so if it wasn’t in today’s patch at least I’m not the only one who couldn’t find it.

I’m assuming the fact I was playing the game when a new patch started downloading is also why despite the game saying I’ve completed this weeks Sky Supremacy challenge which should have earned me 11 points I’m still on 0/200.

How to Change Characters

Select at the Start of a Mission

As of now there is only one way to change characters, and that is in the mission prep screen after selecting a mission from the war table. You can choose your hero there, but not during the segment where you roam the Chimera.

To get to the character select screen, select a mission. You will then be taken to a screen where you get to choose your heroes and their companions. Press □ to select a hero as a companion, press X to change into that hero.

Edited by richtayls
  • Like 1

Will I have fun especially with friends 

I tried playing it single player and I have to say it’s boring most of the time but with friends it's really fun shame there are a lot of single player missions and I think i will finish the campaign fast to see what end game looks like hope its worth the time to get the platinum 

It's decent fun and it reminds me of Destiny, but with potentially more to do. I jumped straight into multiplayer and started to have fun after a few hours of playing and I'm having a more enjoyable time than I did with the beta. I'm looking forward to playing villain sectors and the upcoming raid. The high-level weekend content seems interesting as well. This is definitely a game that is better played with friends or at least a team because I can see some of the high level content being very challenging with AI teammates. 

We've also got Kate Bishop to look forward to in October and Hawkeye in November, which also means new missions and I believe new villains. We were supposed to get Black Panther first, but CD decided to delay his reveal. This also might mean a delay on the raid since it's apparently supposed to be set in Wakanda.

There are quite a few technical issues with this game, but nothing too serious. I still hope they focus on fixing these asap.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, richtayls said:

How to Change Characters

Select at the Start of a Mission

As of now there is only one way to change characters, and that is in the mission prep screen after selecting a mission from the war table. You can choose your hero there, but not during the segment where you roam the Chimera.

To get to the character select screen, select a mission. You will then be taken to a screen where you get to choose your heroes and their companions. Press □ to select a hero as a companion, press X to change into that hero.

I have a "Hero Terminal" in the area where all the Avenger's rooms are. I can pick anyone to be while walking around the Chimera before starting missions. 

At the War Table you should be able to press the Options button and be taken to the hero selection screen too.

Edited by TJ_Solo
  • Like 1

Beat the main campaign in a little less than 16 hours, enjoyed it a lot, the story driven mission were mostly a tutorial to when you'll be plating co-op and a great introduction to the cast. Now I'm doing co-op and various missions that become available after campaign clear and I still can't get enough of it. 

I would give this game a score of 7 or 8 out of 10, it has it's ups and downs, but is really a enjoyable ride.

• Like 3

On 9/1/2020 at 1:48 PM, GUDGER666 said:

I played the beta, though it was crap. 

Although I agree that the game doesn't look that great, and it probably isn't anything special........  Judging it from a Beta is kind of ignorant. The same ignorance I had with Monster Hunter World. I had pre-ordered MHW because it was part of a Buy 2 get 1 Free deal. I remember playing the Beta for it and HATED IT! I would have cancelled my pre-order had I not already gotten one of the 3 games, and I didn't want to have to deal with the mess/hassle that might have turned into, because of the whole Buy 2 get 1 free thing.

I figured I'd play it a little, and then just sell it on ebay. 2 1/2 years later, MHW is in my top 10 favorite video games of all-time....... and I've been gaming since Atari.

• Like 2