Marvel's Avengers is here! .. Your thoughts?

SGRevan

33 minutes ago, JediOniram said:

The deluxe one didn't have 1000 credits.  You had to get the Exclusive Digital Edition to get 1000 credits.

Oh... So I paid more to get less credits but 6 Skins...

I was sure to see there also the 1000 Credits. I will have a look this evening, but Thank you for the Information

27 minutes ago, Skurkitty said:

Also as a side question for those that are playing it. Is there MP matchmaking? Or do you have to invite people? I’m very much a solo player so no MM is no bueno.

Having played the beta, I'm gonna assume the full game is identical so I'll answer to the best of my knowledge. There is matchmaking; however, you can manually turn it off to play any MP mode solo. You can also manually invite friends as well.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Pirelli913 said:

Having played the beta, I'm gonna assume the full game is identical so I'll answer to the best of my knowledge. There is matchmaking; however, you can manually turn it off to play any MP mode solo. You can also manually invite friends as well.

Appreciate the answer. My concern was that MP would be invite only for sessions, and there would be no matchmaking. When your friends don’t play 90% of the games you do, MP Co-op games without matchmaking is just hell.

I’m glad it seems they covered all their bases with MP.

It's nice that people are enjoying the game. A lot of people worked hard on this game and that hard work shouldn't be undermined by the publishers actions. From the first announcement I knew this wasn't going to be a game for me, but I've kept my eye on it since I'm an Avengers/Marvel fan. Hopefully they continue to support the game with meaningful content for years to come and it exceeds expectations.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, jonesey46 said:

It's nice that people are enjoying the game. A lot of people worked hard on this game and that hard work shouldn't be undermined by the publishers actions. From the first announcement I knew this wasn't going to be a game for me, but I've kept my eye on it since I'm an Avengers/Marvel fan. Hopefully they continue to support the game with meaningful content for years to come and it exceeds expectations.

There's a lot of work and effort behind almost every game, that doesn't automatically mean that every game deserves praising.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, anotherfangirl said:

There's a lot of work and effort behind almost every game, that doesn't automatically mean that every game deserves praising.

Well, I didn't say it deserves praising, I myself wouldn't go near this game with a 10 foot pole but it's nice to know some people are finding enjoyment in it. Publishers are often the ones to ruin these games with MTX and the like, but at the end of the day, a lot of people put hard work into this game and many others and we shouldn't forget that.

Just trying to be positive.

• Like 1

I loved the beta. I am so excited to start playing this either tonight or tomorrow for sure. I get how people would say the gameplay is boring, but I was having such a good time Hulk-smashing everything. I also never had any frame rate issues, or any sort of issues other than an overly shakey camera which I just chalked up to just being over the top superhero action. None of the controversy this game is involved in bothers me, I am just happy to finally be able to play it. 

Edited by Upendo_Vitani

13 hours ago, Cloudbahamut said:

I am hopefully gonna get the game today.

Btw I am really not a multiplayer guy and I don't have Playstation Plus. I am really buying this game for the offline single player content only.

I know that I obviously can play the story campaign offline single player but what about the individual hero missions, War Zones etc. ? Can you only play those in Multiplayer (and thus need Playstation Plus) or can those be played single player with AI team members as well ? Basically I need to know what content is there besides the story campaign that you can play in single player.

I don't know if you can play Avengers Initiative offline, but I do know that you can play the majority of missions with AI teammates. The devs have confirmed that there will be certain content that requires human teammates (probably raids). The AI teammates also seem to be very stupid, so they might be pretty unreliable on higher difficulties. 

Gotta say, so far im having great fun with the game.

Had no crashes so far, everythings been smooth and no frame rate issues.

The amount of menu waiting is a bit of an annoyance but thats really all i can say negative about the game so far.

Theres nothing groundbreaking about it but the combat is smooth and its definitely a ton better than i thought it would be.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Bluefalcon2210 said:

Mine is coming tomorrow I personally am quite looking forward to it so it's nice to hear some postive stuff about it but from what I've read it has overpriced microtransactions for cosmetics so that's dissapointing but at least the hero challenge cards seem acceptable from what I've heard about them.

Mine's coming tomorrow, too! I'm looking forward to finally partying up with my friends.

As to overcharged MTX, I heard you can buy everything with in-game currency just by grinding. I'd suggest watching Sanders Presents on YouTube as he provides a lot of good information on how this game functions.

My game didn't arrive today. According to Amazon it will arrive tomorrow. Trying to avoid spoilers at all cost now though I took a look at the trophylist and some of those trophy description were quite spoiler-y. However the kind of spoilers that only get me more excited.

Spoiler

Like that Captain America is not actually dead (But that was pretty much a given) or that the Kree (the alien empire that created the Inhumans in the comics. Also Captain Marvel is half Kree herself) actually attack Earth in the end. That's awesome because so far I thought MODOK (whom I never was a fan of, he is pretty lame for a big bad) and AIM were the major villains in the game but if the Kree are involved then things could get really epic.

I bloody love it. The beta was interesting but it didn’t fully stick, I only played the beta for a few hours. But damn this game is AMAZING and has had me hooked since early release 

IMO it’s like Destiny had a love child with avengers. (I love both) 

With a longer, much better Story mode, better post game play and solid game style. I’ve not encounter a single glitch. I agree loading screens are kinda long but nothing compared to others (Destiny etc) 

i keep hearing the ‘I’m avoiding it because of micro transactions’ which is the biggest load of BS I’ve ever heard 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Mr_Marty84 said:

Forse mi manca qualcosa ma come si fa a tornare sulla nave dopo una missione? Posso solo selezionare nuove missioni o compagni di squadra. E posso solo uscire dal menu principale.
Voglio solo tornare sul ponte senza uscire dal menu principale. Questo è in  Avengers  Initiative.

I'm still in the campaign but it should be the same: at the war table go to the ship area, where the training missions are, under the various missions there is a "button" to return to the ship.

• Like 2

I like the story. I really like Kamala Khan.

But the performance is iffy, gameplay is repetitive and boring and the loot is terrible. The only other character I like playing as is Thor.

Plays worse than Anthem but has a better story.

As for the mtx, the store is appalling but I never buy mtx anyway and I certainly won't be buying this game new on any system,  got it on loan from my friend on XB1. Gonna chuck it back in his face as soon as I clear the campaign.

Edited by Stan Lee

47 minutes ago, Siriodorione said:

I'm still in the campaign but it should be the same: at the war table go to the ship area, where the training missions are, under the various missions there is a "button" to return to the ship.

Thank you. I found it. I was searching for a "back button" but it seems I have to travel to that location.

• Like 1

Okay, gotta say after playing for another good 20-25 hours.

The game needs a massive rework in terms of tooltips/Enemy abilities.

Having completely unavoidable ranged attacks that both stagger you and get rid of heroic energy is just insane.

Having 60% of enemies all having shields/blocks and it taking 2 seconds to wind up a power attack to break them is broken because the shielded enemies can just hit you quicker than you wind up.

Not every single enemy needs to have insane damage. At least 80% of the enemies have a move that will take 3/4ths of your HP off in one hit, sometimes its unavoidable damage as well.

Theres a good game underneath this all but i doubt this will be a game i would highly recommend for the time being.

They need to start fixing these issues within this month or IMO there wont be a strong community left.

Having 60% of enemies all having shields/blocks and it taking 2 seconds to wind up a power attack to break them is broken because the shielded enemies can just hit you quicker than you wind up.

Thor, Black Widow, and Ironman can shoot shield at range to the point the enemy can't even respond.

The rest can have a jump break attack that is fast and AOE.

The game also teaches you about the vaulting mechanic.

Not every single enemy needs to have insane damage. At least 80% of the enemies have a move that will take 3/4ths of your HP off in one hit, sometimes its unavoidable damage as well.

As long as you can see it coming, it can be avoided. The dodge timing is just tighter. Then there is running the behind walls. That helps too.

Getting shot off screen or shot when you run directly at a gunner are not mechanical issues the devs can addresss. You might like getting shot in the face. Me, I attack from angles or a distance.

• Like 1

Just now, TJ_Solo said:

Thor, Black Widow, and Ironman can shoot shield at range to the point the enemy can't even respond.

The rest can have a jump break attack that is fast and AOE.

The game also teaches you about the vaulting mechanic.

As long as you can see it coming, it can be avoided. The dodge timing is just tighter. Then there is running the behind walls. That helps too.

Getting shot off screen or shot when you run directly at a gunner are not mechanical issues the devs can addresss. You might like getting shot in the face. Me, I attack from angles or a distance.

They can shoot at range sure. What about Hulk, Cap and Ms. Marvel? Or is it okay that 50% of the characters can cheese through enemies so thats 'fine'?

The jump break can be countered really easily and it has a half second after you hit that you are vulnerable and can be staggered.

Vaulting is fine 1vs1. You cant vault 1 guy when theres 7 people around you, 1 vault and you get hit elsewhere.

You dont see them all coming. Thats the problem.

Theres no indicators for stuff being fired around you/behind you. Theres no dodge window for them, its not just 'tighter'. 

Also, running behind walls, wish that helped, the 2 most common projectiles are homing lol. You can perfectly dodge them the first time (Or run behind walls) and they circle round behind you or follow you around the corner.

Also, what about the Adept Adaptoid? That fires a crosshair with a rock that appears under you. Dont even have to be in the same room as it.

Unfortunately, attacking from angles still doesnt solve anything as youre still only presented with a 90 degree window whatever way you look. The remaining 270 has no markers if they fire.

Like you said, if i play BW, easy as shit. You just stay away and cheese them out of their range.

Ironman/Thor have it difficult because if they fly and range, one shot and you hit the ground.

The other 3, good luck using them before level 30 when you actually get a proper build up.

Like, its not a case of 'git gud'. Its a case of nothing is balanced and it will drive the population down if they dont fix it.

23 minutes ago, Mr_Marty84 said:

Is there a limit on how many times you can get revived in battle?
To me it seems random. Sometimes I get downed 2 times and the mission is over and other times the mission will end after 3 downs. And yes my teammates (AI) are still alive

When playing with AI teammates, you can be downed twice and you'll die on the third down. Playing with human teammates seems to provide you with infinite downs.