Marvel's Avengers is here! .. Your thoughts?

SGRevan

Just now, Cravinovv said:

This is just a prime example of AAA garbage if I ever saw it. Such a disappointment that the Avengers couldn't be handled with the same kind of love and care as Spider-man.

Different companies with different goals. Sony wanted to make a single player game with no online content. 

SE wanted to make an online game that has a story mode and online co-op.

Everything can't be the exact same even if you personally like something over another. I don't think that your opinion is capable to deciding that the devs for this game didn't put any care into the product or characters.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, TJ_Solo said:

Different companies with different goals. Sony wanted to make a single player game with no online content. 

SE wanted to make an online game that has a story mode and online co-op.

Everything can't be the exact same even if you personally like something over another. I don't think that your opinion is capable to deciding that the devs for this game didn't put any care into the product or characters.

Except that it is clear they didn't. What is clear is that they cared to put effort into marketing their character designs right down to half-baked appearances mimicking the MCU version of the popular characters.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Cravinovv said:

Except that it is clear they didn't. What is clear is that they cared to put effort into marketing their character designs right down to half-baked appearances mimicking the MCU version of the popular characters.

I don't get how mimmicking MCU versions of popular characters in a licensed comic book game with dozens of comic book appearances is supposed to be taken as a negative...

It's almost as if the entire comic book universe never happened. Yet SE included comic book references in the game moreso than the movie.

Edited by TJ_Solo
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, TJ_Solo said:

I don't get how mimmicking MCU versions of popular characters in a licensed comic book game with dozens of comic book appearances is supposed to be taken as a negative...

It's almost as if the entire comic book universe never happened. Yet SE included comic book references in the game moreso than the movie.

I think the real problem is making them look like they're inspired by the beefcake look of the latest Marvel vs. Capcom installment. It's just ugly. The game is ugly. The game is boring. The game is undercooked. The game is a blatant cash grab. I feel sorry for the developers who put their effort into this game and I feel for the underdogs who make this industry move, but this is a AAA classic example of a publisher delivery us, as consumers, crap and expect us to eat it up and say 'thank you can I have some more'.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Cravinovv said:

I think the real problem is making them look like they're inspired by the beefcake look of the latest Marvel vs. Capcom installment. It's just ugly. The game is ugly. The game is boring. The game is undercooked. The game is a blatant cash grab. I feel sorry for the developers who put their effort into this game and I feel for the underdogs who make this industry move, but this is a AAA classic example of a publisher delivery us, as consumers, crap and expect us to eat it up and say 'thank you can I have some more'.

So many generic complaints. Like reading a copy/paste from Reddit or 4Chan. 
It makes me happy that I can form my own opinions are am not "anti-capitalism" whenever it suits some internet argument. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, TJ_Solo said:

So many generic complaints. Like reading a copy/paste from Reddit or 4Chan. 
It makes me happy that I can form my own opinions are am not "anti-capitalism" whenever it suits some internet argument. 

My opinions are no less validated than yours and I wouldn't even assume to accuse them of being. I'm sorry my opinions are too much like the majority of people who don't like the game. Seems like it's for a pretty good reason if all the complaints are so similar.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Cravinovv said:

My opinions are no less validated than yours and I wouldn't even assume to accuse them of being. I'm sorry my opinions are too much like the majority of people who don't like the game. Seems like it's for a pretty good reason if all the complaints are so similar.

I didn't say your opinions were not valid. I said they sound robotic, canned, rehearsed, and convenient to randomly apply.

Majority? That's an interesting rock you decide to hide behind but makes sense given your amazing mind-reading powers that tell you how these devs feel about their game.

Edited by TJ_Solo
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, TJ_Solo said:

I didn't say your opinions were not valid. I said they sound robotic, canned, rehearsed, and convenient to randomly apply.

Majority? That's an interesting rock you decide to hide behind but makes sense given your amazing mind-reading powers that tell you how these devs feel about their game.

Proof is in the product.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, lasthero1993 said:

Dud everybody of you get the 1000 credits pre order bonus? I diddnt get it? What could i do?

and need i to play through the campaign before i can play weekly and daily missions and so?

Which edition did you preorder? I don't think the standard edition includes 1000 credits, only a nameplate and skins.

No, you can dive straight into multiplayer using the Avengers Initiative option from the main menu. 

53 minutes ago, TJ_Solo said:

Of which you personally have not consumed in its final form.

You opinion is copied from other people telling you how to think and how to say it.

You keep telling yourself that if you think it makes your argument stronger. I've played more than my fair share of this and games just like it to know what I am talking about just to have someone tell me I 'copy' my opinions.

• Like 4

I personally found the beta enjoyable. Yes, it wasn't without its flaws. But then I played it with friends I've been partying up with for nearly a decade, which made it more fun.

They all have it because they got it digitally, but I'm old school so I got a physical copy. They said a lot of the issues in the beta had been improved.

I did have one question: A friend said you can co-op the campaign, but the beta didn't include that feature. Is my friend just an idiot or was it just unavailable in the beta and is a feature in the full game?

7 hours ago, Fish613 said:

Although I agree that the game doesn't look that great, and it probably isn't anything special........  Judging it from a Beta is kind of ignorant. The same ignorance I had with Monster Hunter World. I had pre-ordered MHW because it was part of a Buy 2 get 1 Free deal. I remember playing the Beta for it and HATED IT! I would have cancelled my pre-order had I not already gotten one of the 3 games, and I didn't want to have to deal with the mess/hassle that might have turned into, because of the whole Buy 2 get 1 free thing.

I figured I'd play it a little, and then just sell it on ebay. 2 1/2 years later, MHW is in my top 10 favorite video games of all-time....... and I've been gaming since Atari.

Woah this is literally me. The MHW beta didn't grab me so I didn't get the game at launch, bought it a couple of months later cause a friend wanted me to play with him and I got so hooked it's also in my top 10 of all time.

So yeah maybe I should give Avengers another shot, just don't have the time right now cause I started over in MHW and I gotta get ready for Fatalis. ?

2 hours ago, Dreakon13 said:

When did this become a thing...? xD

That's something Aris (a Twitch streamer) says a lot, so I assume they're fans of his.

I am hopefully gonna get the game today.

Btw I am really not a multiplayer guy and I don't have Playstation Plus. I am really buying this game for the offline single player content only.

I know that I obviously can play the story campaign offline single player but what about the individual hero missions, War Zones etc. ? Can you only play those in Multiplayer (and thus need Playstation Plus) or can those be played single player with AI team members as well ? Basically I need to know what content is there besides the story campaign that you can play in single player.

I played the beta, the issues I had were with performance, frames dropping here and there, the cameras shaking randomly and the overall missions feeling too linear at times. I did enjoy the combat, especially with Hulk and Kamala Khan. I hear that the final release plays much better in terms of performance, and I've heard good things about the story as you progress further, which makes me interested in the game once again. 

3 hours ago, ObliviousSenpai said:

Which edition did you preorder? I don't think the standard edition includes 1000 credits, only a nameplate and skins.

No, you can dive straight into multiplayer using the Avengers Initiative option from the main menu. 

I preorder the expensive one. The deluxe version . That one with alle things included. Also the 1000 credits and all name plates and all skind. I ger all skins and all nameplated but didnt get the 1000. i wrote a mail to sony... i hope this helpes

ok thanks. I will have a look this evening on this :)

2 minutes ago, lasthero1993 said:

I preorder the expensive one. The deluxe version . That one with alle things included. Also the 1000 credits and all name plates and all skind. I ger all skins and all nameplated but didnt get the 1000. i wrote a mail to sony... i hope this helpes

ok thanks. I will have a look this evening on this :)

The deluxe one didn't have 1000 credits.  You had to get the Exclusive Digital Edition to get 1000 credits.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Cravinovv said:

This is just a prime example of AAA garbage if I ever saw it. Such a disappointment that the Avengers couldn't be handled with the same kind of love and care as Spider-man.

I hear you.

I am quite a comic nerd and played my fair share of PS-games connected to the marvel- / dc-universe - even the ones, which are not that well liked. And I could always get some enjoyment of them.

And if everyone told me a few years ago I would not immediately buy an Avengers themed PS4 game I would have thought that he or she was crazy and not knowing me and my taste in gamiing at all :)

But this one here?

I honestly don't know how I should feel about it: On the one hand it is finally an Avengers game. Yeah!

But on the other hand everything looks so dull and boring and just 'soulless' for a lack of a better term to describe my feelings.

I just don't feel / believe that they tried to make a enjoyable game; a good live service game? Maybe. But those games are not exactly my cup of tea.

Maybe if the price falls down (just like with Borderlands 3) I will give it a try, but maybe I will just have moved on to other games. Who knows?

But for everyone who enjoys this game: I honestly wish you all a great time with it!

Not every game is for everyone ;)

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Fish613 said:

Although I agree that the game doesn't look that great, and it probably isn't anything special........  Judging it from a Beta is kind of ignorant. The same ignorance I had with Monster Hunter World. I had pre-ordered MHW because it was part of a Buy 2 get 1 Free deal. I remember playing the Beta for it and HATED IT! I would have cancelled my pre-order had I not already gotten one of the 3 games, and I didn't want to have to deal with the mess/hassle that might have turned into, because of the whole Buy 2 get 1 free thing.

I figured I'd play it a little, and then just sell it on ebay. 2 1/2 years later, MHW is in my top 10 favorite video games of all-time....... and I've been gaming since Atari.

Given most "Betas" are just bullshit demos that are so close to release that there's no dramatic differences that could be made in that time beyond server stability, it's perfectly reasonable to judge a game off it's promotional demo disguised as a beta.

The first guy to talk positively of the game couldn't help himself from pointing out a flaw that was present in the beta already and thus is still there. A flaw that I saw multiple people complain about in the "beta". Yet it's not addressed. Shocker. Stunning. A feather could knock me over, I'm feeling so faint at this unexpected turn of events.

Imagine Russian Roulette in reverse. Instead of one bullet, you have just one missing. Would you say the gun is safe to point at your temple because the small chance you won't die? I wouldn't. Exceptions prove the rule. Most "betas" are marketing tools and not actually to listen to feedback.

There's a lot to infer that this game is a cash grab as it is. The way in which the beta itself was handled should be a tip off to you, but apparently not. Which is why it keeps happening, I suppose.

I personally haven’t played it, however I’ve been eyeballing it. Watched ACG’s initial impression video and it made me lose all interest for the time being. I’ll be curious to see the second part of his review but as it stands now this will be a game I wait until next gen to check out after it’s received a number of content / quality patches.

Also as a side question for those that are playing it. Is there MP matchmaking? Or do you have to invite people? I’m very much a solo player so no MM is no bueno.

Edited by Skurkitty