Should cheaters have opportunity to gain back access to the leaderboards?

Dylan-Mehl

1 hour ago, Dylan-Mehl said:

Sounds like someone hurted you, are you okay my brother?

As I said, people feel strongly about this issue. I don’t think you are trying to benefit yourself with this thread, I think it is well-intentioned. I just think it is too polarizing to be considered if the value of the leaderboard drops in any way for someone that didn’t cheat. It shouldn’t. 

19 minutes ago, colia100 said:

It's funny how those specific situations in which one should be redeemed, coincidentally fit yours...

Just as the next person would have his specific redeeming factors fit his... and so on

And in that optic, every request would have to be analyzed because, and let's be honest heee, you f***ed up, not the system.

Now i get it, you were a kid, you didn't know better, yata yata... and you learned that now. A line has to be drawn somewhere, and the 3 strike one is already pretty generous imo.

So without sounding condescending, take it in the teeth and accept it as it is or make a new profile, and call this experience paid dues.

End of the day, fewer people care than you may think...

This is the feedback section of the site, so I post my feedback. It's true that the criteria fits for my specific situation. I find my specific situation an ordinary situation, I don't see myself as a cheater. Even while I did cheat those 5 trophies. I can easily earn those trophies without cheating, just didn't had the money back in the days.

Because of my experience, I was thinking about a better system to counter some of the flaws in the current system. My situation is because of my wrongdoing. But there are people out here who earned trophies because hackers gave them to them. Those people are also being flagged and can't even do anything about it. My solution would also help those people. (World at War hacked servers is an example).

Edited by Dylan-Mehl

A simple and plain no to this proposal, from someone who knows the big burden CRT already carries.

Any people caught cheating already have 2 chances of going back to the leaderboards by hiding the cheated trophy lists. It's a very generous offer in my honest opinion.

Milestones 'messing' up because of hiding a cheated trophy list is really minor issue, if it is an issue at all. You know the trophies are cheated, you even said it yourself, how come you want to display them as part of your milestones YET you still want to be on the leaderboards with them? You don't get to have both, you need to choose one.

And all this proposal of re-earning all trophies in a secondary account just to prove you can do them so the first account gets the flag lifted is not only troublesome and lot of works for CRT to handle, but also doesn't work in real world. Say, Lance Armstrong (Former racing cyclist), who got many of his Tour de France wins revoked by usage of doping substances, if he ever won another Tour de France later on in his life, should all 'cheated' wins from the years before be credited back to him, is it a fair situation? In my opinion, that's a hard no. Yes, you can prove that it's not because you cheated once that you will always cheat, but cheated records should stay as they are, cheated, new clean records don't retroactively make cheated ones clean.

• Like 2

At the end of the day, the fix to the issue being discussed ends with Sony, if Sony implemented a system to hide individual trophies then you would be fine. At the end of the day we all do stupid shit when were young, I'm young I'm still doing stupid shit but I guess if you want your milestones you'l just have to make a new account. Sorry my dude

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Dylan-Mehl said:

Even in real life, most criminals will get a second chance. Only the serial murders and such won't. Let's say the serial murders are the '> 50 cheated trophies' peeps.

Hate to break it to you, but in reality it's rare that they do.  People with prior convictions tend to find it hard to get legitimate work.  People will say that everyone deserves a second chance, but don't want to be the one to give that second chance.  Someone released from prison tends to have a very hard time finding work and housing and that is what results in such a high rate of repeat offenses.

There is a saying "Fool me once, shame on you.  Fool me twice, shame on me."  No one wants to be that fool who gives the second chance only to be burned by it.  On top of that many people have been burned by giving second chances only to see history repeat.  Me personally, no I don't think a cheater should have a second chance on the same account.  If they want to turn over a new leaf and earn their trophies legitimately, there is nothing stopping them from creating a new account and doing just that.  That's more than criminals in real life can do to get their second chance.

I think you shouldn't worry about the leardboards for the reasons explained in the first comments but moreover be cause it's not going to happen. 

My advice be your own learderboard with your friends/players you respect and feel great for what you archieve be cause that should be your own satisfaction and fun after all also it's not like in real life or here someone is going to treat you bad for that and if it happen just ignore

(I don't support cheaters)

Edited by NordicSaiyan
  • Like 1

OP, I'll add you to my leaderboard and mark you on top. I can even correct your milestones if that will help. ?

I get it, I really do...but there is no chance your proposal will be accepted here. Hate to sound negative, but too many reasons as previously mentioned.

Hugs

10 hours ago, Dylan-Mehl said:

So one of my siblings found a way to get them without buying it, using a public save data. I didn't know the consequences back then and just let him do it.

Sounds like another case of a rogue family member with an ill-gotten save file gone awry. I'm not falling for this old chestnut again, and I doubt many others will, too. 

• Like 1

Just like the completion percentage and the unearned trophies stats, the leaderboard is pointless anyway. There's probably just a psychological thing going on in your head. If we were able to customize the stats we see on our profile and were able to replace the rankings with stats that interest us more, you wouldn't care about it as much. Because you wouldn't see it every time you go to your profile. Those specific stats are only highlighted on our profiles for traffic purposes, it's the stats that fires up the addiction part in our brains. This is why you should have strategically placed stickers on your screen.

Me and my brother did save file cheat on MW2 and LittleBigPlanet 2 when I was like 13 and he was 11. I got removed all these years later for MW2 so I hid the game, never got caught for LBP2 (until now) the reason i'm coming clean is because my brother got removed for MW2 and LBP2 literally the second he hit his 100th plat but he also got hit for COD WAW, which he didn't hack, it happened because of a hacker in a zombie map, so he got 3 strikes and can never be on the leaderboard so I don't care to either

2 hours ago, PrinceOfPeace said:

Sounds like another case of a rogue family member with an ill-gotten save file gone awry. I'm not falling for this old chestnut again, and I doubt many others will, too. 

lol yeah i hate when one of my siblings sneaks onto my ps4 account and uses a bunch of old saves to auto pop a bunch of trophies and i only find out about it years later when my account gets flagged.  ohhh how did that get on there?  Damn must have been my brother.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Dylan-Mehl said:

But.. why not? Obviously cheating is cheating but context matters. And being so kindly to give someone a second chance is just a humane thing to do. Cheating hunderds of trophies is obviously unforgivable.

You have a second chance- the three strikes rule is very generous, and if whitelisting for certain trophies gets implemented then it will be even better. So that's two chances you'd have to learn your lesson. But three strikes and you're out, plus it is very unlikely that someone who cheats three times would stop at three. Make a new account without cheating if this sort of thing is really that important.

16 hours ago, Dylan-Mehl said:

Somewhere in 2013 I was 12 years old[...]

NOW I'm feeling really old! When I was 12, Donkey Kong Country 2 was just out.:D

Cheater should not get back to any form of leaderboards. I think the cheater removal team handles this very well and only CFW abusers will actually be removed from the site entirely.
No system is perfect, but I think we should continue the way we handle this now.

Hi people. If players in high leaderboard placements are cheating and not getting caught for cheating then they are either some of those "clever cheaters" or are "protected in some way".

- When some of you want those "high leaderboard cheaters" purged from the leaderboard then more then 1 person should create disputes with hard evidence.

==> So: Please do not just write about those "high leaderboard cheaters" here and do something against them. Even "protection" is meaningless when more then 1 person crates a dispute for those people.

Also:

Please keep in mind that a player is not flagged because he/she cheated, BUT because he/she was too dumb for cheating in a way that nobody got suspicious.

And something about those disputes from people which are caught because of those games with hacked MP lobbies:
- Most of those people don´t even care for leaderboards in any way. They are just victims of some stupid cheaters in those games.

==> My guess is that if they would be provided with a explanation about what the leaderboard really is they would just press something like an "opt out" button and would not start a dispute.

Last sentences regarding the topic:

As far I understand OP did not cheat on the basegame plat for LBP2, but did cheat seven trophies of the Cross-Controller DLC which are not in any way relevant for the plat.

Reason: OP had no means to buy a PS Vita to get this game to 100% so OP had to cheat the 100%.

So I am thinking: If cheating non basegame trophies that require extra peripherals or DLC trophies would be legitimized in any way (e.g. because you just cannot afford the peripherals or the DLC at all) this would just be a slap in the face for people which said goodbye to 100% profiles because they cant afford a PSVR for things like "Super Stardust Ultra" or "Concrete Genie" 100%.

==> So I say: No exception. The current system (2 strikes) is okay. If you want another system maybe put paid staff for the leaderboard into place which do this as only job,

Just to clear something up, my points of the cheated trophies don't even have to count towards the leaderboards. I don't care about those points. I do care about my milestones not being correctly displayed because I have to hide the whole game. While the whole base game, and all but one expansion is earned without any cheating. Just like the rest of my profile though.

This whole scenario is only for people who don't cheat 24/7 and have only for one game a few cheated trophies. I don't see myself as a cheater at all. I hunt for almost 10 years, just had a once-in-a-lifetime fuck-up which in the given context is not the worst.

Edited by Dylan-Mehl

6 minutes ago, Dylan-Mehl said:

Just to clear something up, my points of the cheated trophies don't even have to count towards the leaderboards. I don't care about those points. I do care about my milestones not being correctly displayed because I have to hide the whole game.

What's the point then? Unhide the games and carry on with your life. Why do people have to overcomplicate things?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Santa_in_Sandals said:

What's the point then? Unhide the games and carry on with your life. Why do people have to overcomplicate things?

I'd like to be in the leaderboards. But the points of the cheated trophies don't have to count towards the leaderboards. While still keeping my milestones correctly.

I feel like I ask too much as people see me as 'a cheater'.

Edited by Dylan-Mehl

9 minutes ago, Dylan-Mehl said:

I'd like to be in the leaderboards. But the points of the cheated trophies don't have to count towards the leaderboards. While still keeping my milestones correctly.

I feel like I ask too much as people see me as 'a cheater'.

Well, you are a cheater. It doesn't matter how many times you did it or to which extent. @Sly Ripper has basically stopped developing this site and asking for change won't do anything.

I also find it quite disturbing that more and more people consider themselves as some sort of snowflake entitled for special treatment.

In a nutshell:
Don't waste your breath here. It's not gonna happen. Deal with it.
Besides, due to the fact that unregistered non-premium accounts have to be updated manually since early 2017, the stats on this site are screwed anyway. Again, be thankful for what you got and carry on with your life.

Edited by Santa_in_Sandals

9 minutes ago, Gaberdude said:

Like many before me, I'm of the opinion that if a cheater doesn't stop cheating after the generous three-strike rule, they shouldn't get another chance. If they really do care about it, they should make a new account and earn their previous place back.

I agree with this. I didn't cheat more than once.