God of War: Ragnarök (November 9, 2022)

Ghost

Holy hell, I'm even more excited for this than I was last year. Tyr being alive was a plot thread I never considered, but he's such an intriguing character that I can't wait to see him. The combat looks as visceral and satisfying as ever, and Durlin is basically shaped like a friend. This is honestly the game that'll get me to buy a PS5.

20 minutes ago, ziggypossum said:

Oh, i get it now. Didn't know at beginning that she was Angrboda. I'm so excited for this.

This is from the article on Playstation Blog: 

God of War Ragnarök will take you to the previously unreachable Vanaheim, Svartalfheim, and Asgard – as well as to new areas from locations featured in the last game. Exploring the realms will take you everywhere from verdant, otherworldly jungles to intricate subterranean mining networks.  

And this have me hyped af.

Edited by matigrosso91
  • Like 3

Absolutely would love to see Atreus get brutally murdered. Maybe decapitated. Then have Kratos go back to a raging monster instead of Dad Kratos. So that the sequel to this is the final GoW game and in that new game (sequel to Ragnarok), Kratos finally dies at the end.

Also wtf, Thor basically is a joke then? Hype at the end of GoW 2018, to probably die early on in GoW 2022? Well if he looks like dadbod Thor then yeah, kill him. Lol.

20 minutes ago, matigrosso91 said:

Oh, i get it now. Didn't know at beginning that she was Angrboda. I'm so excited for this.

Angrboða (Old Norse: [ˈɑŋɡz̠ˌboðɑ]; also Angrboda) is a jötunn in Norse mythology. She is the mate of Loki and the mother of monsters.

Well, that's interesting.

Aslo, according to the Hermen Hulst Ragnarok "will be the finale of the Norse saga of Kratos".

It therefore seems that God of War Ragnarok will be the end of the Nordic saga, but this obviously does not mean that Kratos will not have space in future chapters, in new places. The team also confirmed that the director of this game is not Cory Barlog (director of the previous title), but Eric Williams, who has worked on the saga since the first chapter. 

https://multiplayer.it/notizie/god-of-war-ragnarok-finale-saga-norrena-kratos-nuovi-dettagli-gioco.html

So, what's next?

16 minutes ago, ziggypossum said:

So, what's next?

I already got the theory that in this game we could see another worlds. So far i know, centaures are not from Norse mythology; there is a big crocodile-thing, could be egyptian (i even swear than Atreus invoques some antylope-thing, but could be a ram)... I even vaguely remember that Tyr was lost in some trip, so maybe in our quest to find him we see some other places that could be the future of the saga.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, milanbarca82 said:

The girl's outfit is kind of Egyptian, reminds me of AC: Origins.
With them confirming the end of the Norse saga, does this mean it's Egyptian Gods next?

That would be cool. Though I suspect it may be more to do with her being a Jotnar (I assume, that's what the mythical character of the same name is) so her styling will be different. Could explain her complexion too, not that that actually needs explanation.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, boorish_brute said:

I am just glad to see a village and NPCs in the trailer. At least the world won't feel as bleak and desolate like the first one.

lets hope that 1 of the realms (since we can go to all of them) isnt just a city and then the rest is empty like the first. I like the first a lot but it does have flaws. It was a good starting point so now this one has to hit a homerun. 

Also give us more than Axe, Shield, Blades... in God of War 2 we got a hammer, and Spear if i remember correctly. 

My guess.... May 2022?