Online Shutdown DID Affect Trophies

GamingWithFlacy

On 20/11/2020 at 10:44 AM, Eraezr said:

I was able to get the scrap in time but I wanna know why the guide on this website didn’t mention there was a online dependent trophy in the trophy classification section? It’s a critical failure in trust between a guide writer and trophy hunters (especially those who plan to play games with online trophies first before offline only games). 

The author more than likely didn't know there was an online component to this game when they wrote the Guide, which is why that trophy wasn't marked as being online.

• Like 1

Just adding my tale of annoyance - 

With some really unfortunate timing, I've been cleaning up plat trophies on some older games - one of which is Mad Max. I previously got 100% on Steam years ago so just randomly decided to pick it back up again on ps4/5. I've made decent progress following the top guide to avoid any missables.

Cut to last night and I wonder why my Scrap Crew is collecting scrap as it should. A bit of research as to why reveals this news we all know here which means currently the plat trophy isn't obtainable for Mad Max.

A fair few people say it's our own fault - fair enough - I did retroactively scour my emails for any notification or mention of a WB Server shutdown but came up with nothing. Found my account creation notification from 2013, though. I must have missed it - It is what it is - quite annoying. Hopefully, they do patch it but I'm not holding my breath.

I'll get all other trophies for Mad Max because I'm so close anyway and it can sit at 99.99% just to mock me.

I should check Shadow of Mordor because that was next on my list...

8 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

The author more than likely didn't know there was an online component to this game when they wrote the Guide, which is why that trophy wasn't marked as being online.

Exactly. It's not immediately apparent that the scrap crews require you to connect to WB's servers.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, SnowxSakura said:

The mortal kombat shutdown was published on the WB server status webpage, but only for the ps3 version. Xbox version still works since microsoft host those servers. They posted it like a week or 2 before the scheduled shutdown, but it didn't actually close until way after the posted date

I can let Mortal Kombat 2011 slide, because it’s an old game. Mortal Kombat X however.... not so much. Having the invasions not work all of a sudden is inexcusable.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Spaz said:

I can let Mortal Kombat 2011 slide, because it’s an old game. Mortal Kombat X however.... not so much. Having the invasions not work all of a sudden is inexcusable.

I believe MKX is suppose to be part of that Ps Plus collection as well isn't it for PS5? So one would think everything should still work

19 hours ago, cckerberos said:

Exactly. It's not immediately apparent that the scrap crews require you to connect to WB's servers.

They explicitly tell you that in the game that servers are used for scrap collection when the Scrap Crew parts collection is unlocked. You simply have to play the game to see that.

• 1 month later...

Hello everyone

Since the servers shutdown for Mad Mad it's no longer possible to complete the "A Penny Saved" and "Dividend" challenges and therefor the "Up to the Task" trophy is unobtainable. And it is really frustrating to have a online trophy since this game is a single player offline experience and a popular game that gets new players as the time goes.

I have sent a feedback ticket to WB asking them to release an update to patch the "Up to the Task" trophy to be possible to achieve it completely offline by either making the Scrap Crews work offline or removing these two challenges from the list required to achieve the "Up to the Task" trophy.

And this was their reply:
Greetings Henry,

Thank you for reaching out to us regarding Mad Max for PS4.

I appreciate your insight regarding the "Up to the Task" trophy. I will be sharing your comments with the proper team for further review. Reports and feedback such as this help us improve Mad Max for all players and I appreciate you sharing your experiences with me.

While the game team does review all feedback, please note that they are unable to respond individually but take all feedback and reports such as this into consideration when designing future updates to the game. We are always working to make Mad Max a better experience for all of our players and appreciate your assistance. 

If there is anything I can do to further assist you with this issue, please reply to this email and I will be happy to help.

Sincerely,
Aitaros

As you see they are hearing the feedback from the players.
Due to this I would like to ask kindly to all of you to send feedback to WB through here: https://wbgamessupport.wbgames.com/hc/en-us/requests/new for them to update the game to let us be able to achieve the "Up to the Task" offline.

If they receive many requests asking for this, they probably will hear the community and patch the trophy.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Lord_BenWon said:

Due to this I would like to ask kindly to all of you to send feedback to WB through here: https://wbgamessupport.wbgames.com/hc/en-us/requests/new for them to update the game to let us be able to achieve the "Up to the Task" offline.

If they receive many requests asking for this, they probably will hear the community and patch the trophy.

I've read WB will patch Shadow of Mordor to allow the online trophy (or trophies if you're on Xbox) to be achievable after the server shutdown. This might be a glimmer of hope for this game as it's a pretty similar situation, at least superficially. Anyone requesting this might be smart to point this out as it points to some precedent.

Here's a source for Shadow of Mordor, although I'd take it with a grain of salt without doing some thorough additional research:

https://www.(URL not allowed)/n19004/shadow-of-mordor-server-closure-platinum

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RNumbers said:

I've read WB will patch Shadow of Mordor to allow the online trophy (or trophies if you're on Xbox) to be achievable after the server shutdown. This might be a glimmer of hope for this game as it's a pretty similar situation, at least superficially. Anyone requesting this might be smart to point this out as it points to some precedent.

Here's a source for Shadow of Mordor, although I'd take it with a grain of salt without doing some thorough additional research:

https://www.(URL not allowed)/n19004/shadow-of-mordor-server-closure-platinum

Thank you, I've already send my request. Hope many players do it too. The game deserves it.

5 hours ago, Lord_BenWon said:

Hello everyone

Since the servers shutdown for Mad Mad it's no longer possible to complete the "A Penny Saved" and "Dividend" challenges and therefor the "Up to the Task" trophy is unobtainable. And it is really frustrating to have a online trophy since this game is a single player offline experience and a popular game that gets new players as the time goes.

I have sent a feedback ticket to WB asking them to release an update to patch the "Up to the Task" trophy to be possible to achieve it completely offline by either making the Scrap Crews work offline or removing these two challenges from the list required to achieve the "Up to the Task" trophy.

And this was their reply:
Greetings Henry,

Thank you for reaching out to us regarding Mad Max for PS4.

I appreciate your insight regarding the "Up to the Task" trophy. I will be sharing your comments with the proper team for further review. Reports and feedback such as this help us improve Mad Max for all players and I appreciate you sharing your experiences with me.

While the game team does review all feedback, please note that they are unable to respond individually but take all feedback and reports such as this into consideration when designing future updates to the game. We are always working to make Mad Max a better experience for all of our players and appreciate your assistance. 

If there is anything I can do to further assist you with this issue, please reply to this email and I will be happy to help.

Sincerely,
Aitaros

You will have better luck emailing the developers instead of the publisher, because they're the ones with the real power to change this situation.

• 2 weeks later...

Sent an email to both WBsupport and AvalancheStudios today.

This was WB Support answer:

Greetings Dario,

Thank you for reaching out in regard to this issue about not being able to achieve the Dividend and Up to The Task trophies. We are already aware of this issue and the Game Team is coming up with a solution so, you can find a way to achieve all the game trophies. You can check out our Twitter which is: @wbgames, or Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/wbgames or Instagram which is also: @wbgames for future updates on this matter.

We appreciate your understanding and apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Kind regards,
Kiel

I don't know if their answer had some basis but it seems someone is actually working on it. Too much optimism?

5 minutes ago, Sephiroth__92 said:

Greetings Dario,

Thank you for reaching out in regard to this issue about not being able to achieve the Dividend and Up to The Task trophies. We are already aware of this issue and the Game Team is coming up with a solution so, you can find a way to achieve all the game trophies. You can check out our Twitter which is: @wbgames, or Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/wbgames or Instagram which is also: @wbgames for future updates on this matter.

We appreciate your understanding and apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Kind regards,
Kiel

Don't take that as definitive answer. That's what Kiel always replys but other support agents tell that they don't have any announced plans to change how trophies are earned but will share the feedback with the Game Team.

On 23/1/2021 at 6:11 PM, Lord_BenWon said:

Don't take that as definitive answer. That's what Kiel always replys but other support agents tell that they don't have any announced plans to change how trophies are earned but will share the feedback with the Game Team.

As I thought, it was too nice to be true. Well, at least I tried. Hopefully the other email will be more useful. Maybe.

Edit: AvalancheStudios replied that "WB is the publisher for Mad Max and so might be able to give more details through their support". Yeah, sure.

Edited by Sephiroth__92
Updates
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...

Hey Guys!

Has anyone received any updates from WB Support or Avalanche Studios as to when/ if they will roll out an update to fix the 'Up to the task' trophy?

Annoyingly I completely missed the fact that the platinum is currently unavailable and started playing this game a few weeks ago!!

Surely there is something we can do as a community to force the developers hand and roll out this patch? I have been emailing and tweeting WB Support to get my voice heard. I've also been tweeting members of Achievement Hunter at 'Rooster Teeth' to see if they can help the community and make some noise for us (Thought it might be worth a shot).

Anyone else have any ideas as to how we can get this patch rolled out? Just seems silly that they can't roll out this quick patch that will fix the game basically forever. I'm sure they're still making money from sales of this game so it's the least they can do for the community.

Thanks guys. Let's get this fixed!

• 2 weeks later...

Never knew the trophies had online connection .. I wasnted to platinum the game for the second time but I guess that's not possibl anymore.

it's a freaking offline game why the hellp have something like this

On 11/05/2021 at 9:38 PM, Harrison290896 said:

Hey Guys!

Has anyone received any updates from WB Support or Avalanche Studios as to when/ if they will roll out an update to fix the 'Up to the task' trophy?

Annoyingly I completely missed the fact that the platinum is currently unavailable and started playing this game a few weeks ago!!

Surely there is something we can do as a community to force the developers hand and roll out this patch? I have been emailing and tweeting WB Support to get my voice heard. I've also been tweeting members of Achievement Hunter at 'Rooster Teeth' to see if they can help the community and make some noise for us (Thought it might be worth a shot).

Anyone else have any ideas as to how we can get this patch rolled out? Just seems silly that they can't roll out this quick patch that will fix the game basically forever. I'm sure they're still making money from sales of this game so it's the least they can do for the community.

Thanks guys. Let's get this fixed!

No replies here.

Anyway, while I'm with you when you say it's a matter of a quick fix, I believe the developers won't do a thing without being paid (and that's the way things should be) but unfortunately I feel WB hasn't got the idea that there are so many players to make it worth the shot, even if it is true they're still earning money from it.

19 minutes ago, zDavzBR said:

People are still being able to unlock the trophy according to this: https://psnprofiles.com/trophy/3825-mad-max/50-up-to-the-task , has it been fixed?

More than likely no. It depends on when they did the scrap crew challenges. If they did those prior to the server shutdown and backed up their save, then the remaining challenges can be done after the shutdown.

7 minutes ago, POEman553 said:

More than likely no. It depends on when they did the scrap crew challenges. If they did those prior to the server shutdown and backed up their save, then the remaining challenges can be done after the shutdown.

This^

Most of the recent earners would have got the online stuff done before the servers closed but the rest will be hackers.

• 4 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, xXDarkAsazZynXx said:

Just to confirm that this was never patched and platinum and scrap trophy unobtainable ?

Yes, has not been patched. Don't see one being deployed too, done for good.

• Like 1