Second Season Pass Coming Nov 10th

i-kicked-a-brit

3 minutes ago, i-kicked-a-brit said:

I don't think anyone predicted they'll release even more content after the original 4 that were planned.

This^

I thought there would be a few more patches after the final DLC, then they'd move onto something else and leave the Seasonal Events on a yearly timer but obviously I was very wrong about that :(.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, i-kicked-a-brit said:

The Season Pass NOW does state it's the 4 DLCs, I'm not disagreeing there. Usually this stuff implies you'll pay the $100 and get ALL the content once it comes out eventually. I don't think anyone predicted they'll release even more content after the original 4 that were planned. Kinda sucks people will have to pay another $50 just to get the FULL game once again, after shelling out a hundo the first time around. I was able to snag the Super Deluxe version myself for $60, but to potentially get the 100% - assuming there will be more trophies - then I'll probably have to pay another $50. I waited for the price drop to get the FULL game, but obviously I didn't wait long enough.

I don't think they said the price of the second Season Pass yet, have they? I hardly think a new game mode, four new Skill Trees and whatever the second bit brings will cost $50.

Just now, Akimitsu782 said:

I don't think they said the price of the second Season Pass yet, have they? I hardly think a new game mode, four new Skill Trees and whatever the second bit brings will cost $50.

Not that I've seen. I'm just throwing out a hypothetical price out here. I think that's how much the current season pass costs.

The Director's Cut part of Season pass 2 is something that has piqued my interest. Considering the utterly insane amount of story and asset content that was cut and re-jigged for the initial release of this game - it would be cool if the Director's Cut was them actually re-cutting the game to include all of it. It would literally be what the game was meant to look like at launch.

Edited by Crispy_Oglop

Gamestop has the current "super deluxe" version on sale now for $30, and like an idiot I scooped it up. Yesterday I thought I bought everything for a decent price, and now there's going to be more. I thought I was being patient by waiting for a good sale but I didn't wait long enough. As much as I can understand that they don't have to make more stuff, and it's my choice whether to buy it or not, I still greatly dislike "everything" not being included in the season pass to begin with. 

I should have learned my lesson with everything that was not included in the Borderlands 2 season pass and should have seen this coming. ?

Idk why people are tripping. And 30$ for the super deluxe is a great price. Foresight is always 20/20. Just live in the present and enjoy it. I bought all 4 dlcs at 15$ each. I'm not mad. I didn't have the money for the 40$ pass so 15$ every 3 months or so worked for me. Hopefully it's more story and trophies. This game is great in medium bursts. Always get addicted back into getting all legendarys. It's crazy that my 160 slot bank and my backpack which is one 7 million away from the full amount is pure orange. I barely had any in bl and bl2. 

Even if it doesn't haven't story or whatever, I just won't buy it. No big deal. 

10 hours ago, freeman4200 said:

Idk why people are tripping. And 30$ for the super deluxe is a great price.

I'm not tripping I agree the $30 I paid was a great price compared to the $100 it still costs digitally. I just wanted everything in one purchase. I'm still going to have all the fun I can playing the game. And figure out the season pass 2 thing later. 

On 10/15/2020 at 0:04 PM, ImMagnetz said:

Wait, what the fuck? The idea of a season pass is that you get access to ALL future DLC. That's total bullshit that they're asking people to shell out more money for a second season pass.

If you think this is bad, look at the recent dead or alive games. Hella season passes. But to the OP: this screws me over as I have the super deluxe edition. Guess it isn’t so “super” any more huh? Damn shame. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, kidson2004 said:

If you think this is bad, look at the recent dead or alive games. Hella season passes. But to the OP: this screws me over as I have the super deluxe edition. Guess it isn’t so “super” any more huh? Damn shame. 

I feel that. I met up with a buddy of mine for a few drinks last night (observing social distancing measures, of course) and we got to talking about the second season pass. He has the Super Deluxe edition too and he wasn't happy when I told him that the second season pass isn't included with it.

1 hour ago, WhoElseBut-Matty said:

all i see is complaining children throughout this entire thread 

Consumers who have paid for a product are allowed to air their grievances. Shocking, I know.

• Like 1

The game is already not very enjoyable in co op mode because of all the modded weapons and what not. 

For me the game is broken because of that, and if the developers joined 50 random games they should know that. 

Spending more money and time in a game that's in this state is just a waste. 

Asking money for another pass with this knowledge is just onacceptabele, but probably I'll buy it anyway when trophies are with it. 

23 hours ago, ImMagnetz said:

I feel that. I met up with a buddy of mine for a few drinks last night (observing social distancing measures, of course) and we got to talking about the second season pass. He has the Super Deluxe edition too and he wasn't happy when I told him that the second season pass isn't included with it.

Consumers who have paid for a product are allowed to air their grievances. Shocking, I know.

take in the amount of free content we have had so far along with the first season pass being the only payed content we have had and was an optional purchase quite like the super deluxe edition which clearly started that all DLC from the first season would be available with it. it's not difficult to not be a smooth brain but that's something you seem to be struggling with especially 

On 10/17/2020 at 3:17 PM, kidson2004 said:

Trolling lvl: weak. 

Edited by WhoElseBut-Matty

I paid $60 for the game on release and $15 for the first DLC. Stupid move on my part I know but now gotta buy 2 season passes on top of the $75? Ugh. I can get a new PS5 game for what that'll cost me. Might just forget about the game. It wasn't nearly as good as 2 anyway.

Edited by Sn1per666999

On 10/15/2020 at 9:04 AM, ImMagnetz said:

Wait, what the fuck? The idea of a season pass is that you get access to ALL future DLC. That's total bullshit that they're asking people to shell out more money for a second season pass.

where have you been. There are numerous games out that have more than 1 season pass. Usually a game will tell you in the season pass what you get so if they make more than that a new season pass is called for.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, WhoElseBut-Matty said:

take in the amount of free content we have had so far along with the first season pass being the only payed content we have had and was an optional purchase quite like the super deluxe edition which clearly started that all DLC from the first season would be available with it. it's not difficult to not be a smooth brain but that's something you seem to be struggling with especially 

Hmm, you know what? You seem like a true piece of shit human being and I don't think anything good can come of conversing with you, so I'm not going to. Have a nice day.

8 minutes ago, carter12008 said:

where have you been. There are numerous games out that have more than 1 season pass. Usually a game will tell you in the season pass what you get so if they make more than that a new season pass is called for.

I must have managed to avoid companies that made that shitty decision up until now then. That's dumb as fuck, in my opinion. Defeats the purpose of a season pass. When season passes first became a thing, their purpose was to provide access to ALL future DLC. Now there are multiple season passes, deluxe editions, gold editions, ultimate editions, you name it. Fucking stupid.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, ImMagnetz said:

Hmm, you know what? You seem like a true piece of shit human being and I don't think anything good can come of conversing with you, so I'm not going to. Have a nice day.

I must have managed to avoid companies that made that shitty decision up until now then. That's dumb as fuck, in my opinion. Defeats the purpose of a season pass. When season passes first became a thing, their purpose was to provide access to ALL future DLC. Now there are multiple season passes, deluxe editions, gold editions, ultimate editions, you name it. Fucking stupid.

I remember when season passes were quite fresh and many people were pissed and felt scammed, nowadays there are people defending multiple season passes for a single game (which first season pass dlcs honestly weren't that good in the first place.)

What has changed?

• Like 1

From reading the season pass, I think its going to redundant for trophy/achievement hunters anyway as it doesn't look to have any further campaign expansions, rather modes/skill trees etc. 

On 15/10/2020 at 5:04 PM, ImMagnetz said:

I'm not sure I agree with this. Whilst I think 2K are a money-grabbers, the Borderlands 3 season pass we all bought promised 4 story-related expansions and they delivered them (along w/ free updates) so in my opinion, that season pass has been fully and fairly delivered now. Any new content beyond could feasibly constitute a 'new season' worth of content. Typically, AAA games announce a season pass, deliver it, and move onto a new game but there are some games that do have more than 1 season pass.

However, I still don't like the 2nd season pass in this case, because it doesn't seem to bringing any real new content except for a mode and some skill trees - no true campaign DLC like previous season passes. It looks like it pales compares to the 1st season pass and should have been provided through free updates if they wanted to introduce this new scheduled content. Perhaps there is more unannounced or that I missed. 

On 18/10/2020 at 5:02 PM, carter12008 said:

This is pretty much what I mean. The type of games I usually play only have one, but that doesn't mean they won't be several. As long as they actually deliver the content they promise in a season pass I guess its their decision whether to introduce more or not. 

Edited by PhantomFear94

11 hours ago, PhantomFear94 said:

Typically, AAA games announce a season pass, deliver it, and move onto a new game but there are some games that do have more than 1 season pass.

I think it's sad that video games are going in this direction. It's getting to the point where players are having to spend hundreds of currency if they want to experience a title in its full. How much money is enough money? I already bought a season pass for Borderlands 3 DLC, which is an added commitment to buying the base game, but that isn't good enough anymore. 2K are still standing with their hand out.

11 hours ago, PhantomFear94 said:

It looks like it pales compares to the 1st season pass and should have been provided through free updates if they wanted to introduce this new scheduled content.

Agreed. I won't be buying the second season pass if it's just new game modes and skill trees.

• Like 1

Wait... Gearbox is releasing more dlc after the season pass? That's unheard of! I mean it's not like they did it on Borderlands 2 right? Right?

I mean come on guys. They did this last time too. EVERYBODY saw this coming. If you're mad, you have nobody to blame but yourself. One single Google search could've told you there'd be more dlc after the first year, even before the game came out. 

You can blame 2k and Gearbox and greedy business practices all you want if that makes you feel better. But being an uninformed consumer is 100% to blame here lol.