Trophies popping but not unlocking for some reason on PS5.

iGGTheEnd

On 11/23/2020 at 4:45 PM, sepheroithisgod said:

It synced now. I followed the steps, but what I had to do was time syncing with the servers when I plugged my ethernet cord back in. Hopefully they do a software patch soon.

Yeah it’s glitchy. I had to do it multiple times to sync up some trophies too.

Unfortunately this still seems to be an issue. Just had it happen for the first time with the Miles Morales NG+ Trophy & Platinum. Seems from what this thread says it’ll sync eventually. But boy is that a tad annoying.

Tried all suggestions in this thread. Game shows 100% offline but only 98% online. Guess it’s a waiting game.

Edited by Skurkitty

• 3 weeks later...

I just had this happen for the first time too. A Plat trophy no less. Shows when offline, tried synching when online to no avail. Very strange that I haven’t had any issues with other trophies up until this point. Please fix this Sony! Had a mini heart attack when it didn’t show on my profile!!

Edited by OTPYG

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/28/2020 at 4:47 PM, Skurkitty said:

Unfortunately this still seems to be an issue. Just had it happen for the first time with the Miles Morales NG+ Trophy & Platinum. Seems from what this thread says it’ll sync eventually. But boy is that a tad annoying.

Tried all suggestions in this thread. Game shows 100% offline but only 98% online. Guess it’s a waiting game.

On 12/16/2020 at 10:12 PM, OTPYG said:

I just had this happen for the first time too. A Plat trophy no less. Shows when offline, tried synching when online to no avail. Very strange that I haven’t had any issues with other trophies up until this point. Please fix this Sony! Had a mini heart attack when it didn’t show on my profile!!

Did either of your trophies eventually sync and show up? I just finished the 110 hour grind for the AC Valhalla platinum but it’s not showing it on my profile and none of the solutions mentioned in this thread have helped. 

On 05/01/2021 at 6:55 PM, Slipknot_Fan007 said:

Did either of your trophies eventually sync and show up? I just finished the 110 hour grind for the AC Valhalla platinum but it’s not showing it on my profile and none of the solutions mentioned in this thread have helped. 

yeah, it eventually synced a few hours later. Looking at your profile it seems hours had too. Well done on the Plat!

• Like 2

what I had with Demon's Souls is that I got the last trophy and then the platinum to pop but when I looked into the trophy list and on PSNP, the platinum was synced but the last trophy was not ? But 5 minutes later or so, everything was in order again.

• 2 weeks later...

This is still a problem, it just happened to me with Dmc 5 SE: when I'm offline the trophy list is 100% completed with the Platinum but when I go online it shows 97%. I tried all the steps described in this tread but nothing seems to work so I'll just wait some hours and see what happens. 

Edit: after a couple of hours the missing trophies got synched so it seems to be just a matter of time. 

Edited by darkangel-play

On 1/21/2021 at 0:48 PM, darkangel-play said:

This is still a problem, it just happened to me with Dmc 5 SE: when I'm offline the trophy list is 100% completed with the Platinum but when I go online it shows 97%. I tried all the steps described in this tread but nothing seems to work so I'll just wait some hours and see what happens. 

Edit: after a couple of hours the missing trophies got synched so it seems to be just a matter of time. 

Dude I just had this happen to me like 5 minutes ago ALSO on DMC5: SE. This is actually the second time this has happened to me, the first time was on Miles Morales (see thread link below)

With DMC5 it was the damn Bloody Palace w/ 4 characters trophy, and I had just finished it as Dante (which took me 3 tries total to do). So I'm hoping your experience will be mine here, aka a "matter of time". Would hate to have to do that AGAIN. Last time with Miles Morales I had to reload a save to fix it.

Btw, for anyone reading this, since this is the second time it's happened to me, the only coinciding factor is that both times, the trophy didn't "sync" for me because I selected a "View Trophies" option from the PS button menu, rather than go straight to my profile. Basically

1. Trophy just popped
2. hitting PS button while trophy pop-up is on screen OR hitting PS button to bring up the widgets and clicking on my most recent trophy video and selecting "View Trophies"

3. Using those options to go to trophies resulted in it showing as still not unlocked

Again, maybe it's just a coincidence, but maybe avoid the temptation to hit the PS button right away when that trophy pops. Instead, wait a few seconds, hit the PS button to go to your profile (avatar) and view trophies from there.

Edited by Veritas7Ax

• 2 weeks later...

This is still happening in Feb 2021, playing Maneater (PS5) last trophy and platinum didn't register, but showed up after 1h and my PSNP trophy list is looking weird too.. Says I have 33/33 trophies but when you check the trophy details, there are no timestamps or completion of the last trophy + platinum trophy.

I didn't try to earn another trophy from another game and sync yet, might solve the PSNP issue

• 4 weeks later...

I just completed the Biker Boy challenge on FF7. Jessie praised my biking skills and then said how i was holding back in my driving skills so she didn't fall off, but she alluded to falling for me whilst being on the  bike. The trophy never popped. I don't get why it didn't pop. Had the same problem last week with playing Terminator resistance and trophies not popping for doing challenges like the Play the Radio and annoy Alvin trophy. Any ideas why some PS4 games won't pop on the PS5?

Edited by Sneakyhell
Spelling mistake

I had this playing Last of Us II on PS5. My final and trophy and platinum both popped. I immediately closed the game. But looking at my trophy list later in the afternoon they hadn't registered and I was still on about 94% completion. I went back to the last collectible, but it was gone as the game recognised I'd found it. I was miffed and resigned myself to forever having it incomplete on my list. A couple of days later I'd restarted (moving console between rooms) and noticed the trophies now appeared in the list. 

I have trophies that won’t pop. I have all the artefacts and puzzle pieces in Astro’s playroom and the 2 GPU jungle trophies won’t pop and give the platinum. My son has the same thing. We have all 28 artefacts and 2 complete puzzle walls, 4/4 in everything and it won’t pop. Any advice?

• 1 month later...

PS5 Genshin trophies gave me that bug.. I had it before with Godfall as well. Trophies showed up offline but not online.

I think the culprit is the notification tab on ps5. Don’t check your trophies from there or it will bugged everything.

Go directly to PSN trophy list to sync your trophies from there...

This is such an annoying glitch.

I think I'm having a similar issue as well with my trophies on the PS5. For instance with Fall Guys, the trophy "Big Bully" doesn't unlock for me, I'm level 45 and still haven't unlocked this trophy when I know numerous times I've grabbed someone and pushed them off the map to see if I can get it and no luck. The trophy "Low Baller" was another one that I know I qualified with a score of 1 a couple times and didn't unlock, luckily this one managed to unlock finally couple days ago. The other trophy I'm watching is "Stumble Chums" now but that one is a bit harder to watch...lol

• 2 weeks later...