Watch Dogs DELAYED!

Matthew_Banfield

Unfortunate = YES!

Pissed off! = Understandable

Heart broken = For some who Pre Ordered for Day 1 release of PS4

= And has no other games in mind for the PS4 during launch.

As for me, this comes as good news.!

Mainly because, UBISOFT won't pull off ala Bethesda move...Skyrim...anyone.?

I always admire Developers who aim for perfection if not the "well-being of their consumers" or loyal fans to say the least.

And lastly, this turn of events, simple solidify my decision to get the PS4 somewhere between/around Feb~Apr 2014.

(again, not being an a**hole just my plain personal Opinion and take on this News;) 

Edited by xf22Razgriz
  • Like 2

http://kotaku.com/amazon-says-they-plan-to-honor-all-ps4-watch-dogs-bundl-1445846459

ku-bigpic.jpg

Amazon says they plan to honor all PS4 Watch Dogs bundles this November—without Watch Dogs, which has been delayed until spring of 2014. If you pre-ordered the console, Amazon says you'll get it. No word on what you'll get instead of Watch Dogs, if anything.P

"For those of you who pre-order the Watch Dogs PlayStation 4 bundle—don’t worry—you will still be getting your Playstation 4 (without Watch Dogs) based on your current delivery estimate," Amazon writes. "We are adjusting the orders now and will update you once we know more."P

P

UPDATE (4:51pm): Meanwhile, GameStop adds that they'll also be honoring pre-order bundles, offering a number of options to folks who put down money.

Well, at least you'll still get the PS4.

Oh well,as annoying as it is I mirror everyone's attitude by having it released later fixed rather than sooner broken..it was my game of choice at launch as I chose that bundle,now not sure what to get..

This. I don't enjoy FPS games and not really a fan of Assassin's Creed either though, so looks like I'm buying a new system for a slightly shinier version of FIFA 14 :/

• Like 1

It's great they aren't going to release a game half finished that would just cause problems because it would just bring Ubisoft bad publicity, but...

This was a horrible time to announce this, they should have known more than a month and a bit before launch that the game needed more time. I just feel sorry for people that had this as their bundle game.

Biggest pile of shit I've ever read. 

Roughly translates to...  Marketing realised that having 2 expected AAA titles out at the same time meant that they wouldn't make as much money.  Let everyone buy AC4 then sell them Watchdogs.

^this

I feel sorry for the people who are thinking its due to needing to fix bugs etc. Its all about the money.

Now the conundrum.  Do I preorder Killzone, or just play resogun and Drive Club until Xmas and get killzone then?  I have a feeling Knack will go on supersale or IGC on psn soon enough so I am not ordering that.  Multiplat launch titles go down to like 15 dollars within 6 months of release anyway, so Waiting to get AC4 till that point.

This time I don't think I will be suckered into buying stuff just because the console is new and shiny.  I still have a huge PS3 backlog so I might as well work on that before buying anything not heavily discounted through psn sales.  (Thanks PS+ for okami hd for 7 bucks)

From what ive read on the bbc website, if you have pre-ordered the console and game bundle i think they will ship you the console and automatically ship the game once released if orderd from some online stores.

Retailers, including Amazon and Gamestop, have assured consumers who had pre-ordered bundles including both the Chicago-based title and one of the games consoles that they will still receive the machine on the day they had been quoted.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-24554511

Watch Dogs is delayed until spring 2014. The reasons behind the game being delayed are understandable but I must admit I am gutted! It was the only game I had preordered with the PS4!

What do you guys think?

Source: http://blog.ubi.com/watch-dogs-delay/

FURTHER NEWS

IGN have stated that "The Crew" will also be delayed. Both games now have the earliest release date of April 1st.

Source: http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/10/15/watch-dogs-the-crew-delayed-until-at-least-april-2014?utm_campaign=ign+main+twitter&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social

:( that's a bummer.