Gamers over 30 using PSNprofiles

TheGameCapsule

I'm 32 and have been playing since Crash Bandicoot 2 on the PS1. 

I've had all the PlayStation consoles, though I did dip off towards the end of PS2 and start of PS3 as it wasn't a very "girly" thing to do and I was already bullied enough. I came back during early PS4 after buying an XBOX One and not getting on with it. I've still got my PS3, 4, 5 and Vita in regular use. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, draqilo said:

Suprised there so much people over 30 using psnprofiles. I know alot of young trophy hunter as I'm only 14. 

I'm 36, and most of my gamer friends are in their late 30s-40s. There are gamers of all ages, we just tend to stick with our own age groups, but there are a lot of us old farts playing games. 😁

• Like 2

32 year old gamer here got my first console when I was 4 I believe a Sega Saturn (yes I know that's a rare first console lol).  I have slowed down a bit of course since my younger years adulting and the like but I cant really see my self ever stopping completely.  Gaming has been such an important part of my life.

Started playing Super Mario as a 3 year old. 34 years old now, still enjoying games from time to time. Age changed gaming since  I havent really played online shooters since Halo 3, because I've got to much responsibilities now a days so no time for game I can't shutoff in 1 minute

I'm only 20 but I love reading these comments. Wish I'll have the energy to reach that age and keep playing, but life it's always changing. Maybe one day I'll be old enough to complain about Final Fantasy XXVII 

• Like 1

On 11/16/2020 at 7:43 PM, VigilantCrow said:

Hello fellow boomer (39). 

The games might suck nowadays as they're catered to the next generation, but that doesn't mean we can't have a good laugh with the kids. Nothing worse than being a stuck up geezer who complains, we never liked them when we were young afterall. 

Sorry mate but you are not a boomer, Baby Boomers were born between 1945 and 1964 making them between aged 60 being youngest and 79 being the oldest.  You are a Generation Y [ aka Millennial but an older one - Millennials are born between 1981 to 1995 so the oldest is 43 and the youngest is 29 ].   Me I am a Generation X'er born in 1975 so I am currently 48 [ so yes I am pretty oldish video gamer ] and I was 10 in 1985 when I was playing on the ZX spectrum.  

Edited by alexandra-jane09
  • Like 2

I’m a Lvl 39 warrior and I’ve been adventuring since Lvl 3-4. I’ve done my fair share of quests for sure from getting rid of rats in the cellar to slaying powerful dragons. Unfortunately (as a warrior) I put too many attribute points into Intelligence and probably none into Charisma. Also I seem to be losing points in Dexterity. I’ve walked alone most of my adventures yet I can’t accept as many quests as I used to but I won’t rest my head till I defeat the evil sorceress one day (or I get bested).

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Hey, I'm a newcomer on this "over 30's gamer" tag XD hopefully I'll keep playing until the last day but my gaming soul will continue across the children. If there's no gaming saga, I'll be back as a ghost to play myself I suppose xd

35 here, turning 36 later this year, as my username would suggest haha. Started on the Sega Master System II when I was 5 years old, my first game being the built-in Alex Kidd In Miracle World. Won the original PlayStation in a magazine competition back in February 1998, and have been playing PlayStation exclusively ever since with no intentions of ever stopping.

Edited by SirDave1988

I'm a firm believer that you can be a gamer at any age. :)

My father is 76 years old, worked with computers as his job from the 90s to his retirement, and still plays MMOs daily. His favorite is FF14. And, he made it point to introduce my sisters and I to computers through games when we were little. One of my first gaming memories is sitting on his lap as a small child (age 3-5) and playing a Mickey Mouse game which came with a keyboard cover that "changed" the look of the keys from letters into shapes and colors, and I had a blast. It was on a floppy disk, and not CD, IIRC.

At 33 (me), 31, and 29, my sisters and I still game, though we have all different preferred platforms. For example, I prefer consoles (Sony, generally), while my middle sister prefers playing MMOs on the PC (like, The Secret World. Though, she does play FF14 occasionally with my dad). The youngest prefers handhelds. My family has tried to get my Mom into games too. It never took, lol. But, she always gave it a try when we asked! (I still remember her attempts to play the Disneyland game on the Xbox Kinect, lol).

My point is, is that your relationship with gaming is what you make it, and can change and adapt with the ebbs and flows of your life, too. :) As long as it gives you joy, game on!

• Like 4

31. I had similar worries when I was 20 but had the opportunity to work for a big mexican gaming site for a year, watching all the ogs working there (around 40 yo) took those worries away. I also realized media reviews suck lol.

Another level 40. Visit PSN profiles almost everyday lol. 
Been gaming since the Master System and Mega Drive, although most of my friends and family have stopped or slowed gaming I continue for the trophy cause & don’t plan to stop. 
FF7 introduced me to my love of RPG’s and Uncharted 2 drew me to trophy hunting.

Rather this than golf 🤣

• Like 3

I'm 37, i never had the pleasure of owning any consoles in my childhood years. Only got a PC around 15 and then finally got into Playstation in my mid 20's. I've been going strong since then but recently had our first child so time is scarce. I keep buying PS5 games but 70% of them are sitting still in wrappers lol