Gamers over 30 using PSNprofiles

TheGameCapsule

Turn 31 in April. Started with the PS1 back in the late 90s as it was something my dad and I did together. I used to sit and watch him play Time Crisis and the classic Tomb Raiders for hours on end. I also dabbled in a bit of his old Sega Mega Drive. I've owned every PlayStation console and portable ever since. Things came full circle when I bought my dad a PS4 Slim after I got my first job.

Thank you for creating this topic and posting here. It's really cool to read all of this.

I'm currently 30, approaching 31. Been gaming since I can remember. The journey began in the mid-'90s with various Sega and Nintendo consoles, my parents always bought me those. Mario games, Earthworm Jim, Jurassic Park, etc.

Then a family friend gifted me a PlayStation 1. Can't describe those feelings when I started gaming on a PlayStation system. My first game was The Emperor's New Groove, lol. Resident Evil 2 has a special place in my heart.

Then my parents bought me a Pentium III PC, so I started PC gaming. Counter-Strike, GTA games, Cossacks, Age of Empires, Return to Castle Wolfenstein, etc.

Then my brother gifted me a PS2 for my birthday. We played FIFA and Need for Speed: Most Wanted non-stop. God of War and Resident Evil 4 will forever be my favorite games.

Started earning money while I was still in school. That allowed me to purchase a PlayStation 3. That's when trophy hunting became a thing for me. Then 2018, God of War came out (my favorite game series). I bought a large TV and a PlayStation 4, also created a new PSN account (the current one). Currently I'm gaming on PS5 but I still have those PS3 and PS4 and sometimes turn them on. And I still game on PC (mostly online gaming with my friends).

I see gaming as more than just a hobby. It's a form of art, and art provides a temporary escape from reality. And it's fun. So no planning on stopping any time soon.

Edited by BubbleJayGum
  • Like 1

In my 40s , and have been playing since i got an Atari 2600 and colecovision.

Have no intentions of ever stopping either. Its my stress relief and after a long day of work helps me forget about the day and what happened. 

• Like 1

Turning 42 later this year. Started with a ZX Spectrum and a Commodore 64 (which was replaced with a Commodore 128). Got my first PC aged 14, and was PC only until I got my PS4 in 2015. Trophy hunting started in 2017 and well, the rest is history.

Looking to get back into vintage gaming mainly on the likes of the Commodore 128, the Amiga, the Atari ST range, the Spectrum, and of course DOS gaming. Not really a fan of vintage consoles though but one of my dream finds is an Amstrad Mega PC which has a built in Sega Mega Drive.

• Like 1

33 and still feeling like im 16 even my gaming hours are all over the place (working in shifts does help game at weird hours :D)

Started playing when I was 6 years old on the Sega megadrive 2 maybe earlier with my dad on msdos but I can't remember that

• Like 1

I'm mid 40's and don't plan on ever quitting gaming. Everyone plays games - be it sports, cards or video games. First console was Atari 2600 then Commodore 64 and NES. Had a PS1 and PS2 but didn't play much during PS3 era so unfortunately I was late discovering trophies. It was when I was off sick from work and I knew it was gonna be months before I could go back that I bought a PS4 to pass the time. I didn't know what these little notifications that kept popping on the top right of the screen were lol. After googling it and realising it was trophies I became addicted again.

• Like 1

I just turned 33. Been gaming since Super Mario Bros NES/SNES. Earliest games I remember playing/seeing are probably SMB 2 and 3. We had Sega Genesis, Gameboys, and PS1 growing up.

My older brother had a PS1, and I got a PS2 and was a Sony fanboy ever since. I did also have an N64 (of course) which is definitely one of my favorite consoles of all time. 

I turn 54 tomorrow and have been gaming since Manic Miner on the 48k Spectrum and Space Invaders in the arcades.  Gaming is seen as a "young person" hobby mainly by those who don't realize how long it has been around and how many life long gamers there are.  I wish you all a long and trophy filled gaming future.

• Like 2

I'm currently 33, turning 34 later in June.

One thing that I have noticed, at least since late last year has been that that I am playing less video games than before. Part of it might be because most game in regard to trophy hunting requires playing with a guide that seems to take you out of the experience, especially if you are playing it for the first time. Maybe I just need to find some more games that I can play from start to finish and end up getting the platinum. Or just maybe, I am getting "old" and don't see videogames as nearly as entertaining. If that is the case, it is a bit of a surprise considering I figured I would never become one to stop or give-up playing videogames.  

47 minutes ago, Jermster_91 said:

I'm currently 33, turning 34 later in June.

One thing that I have noticed, at least since late last year has been that that I am playing less video games than before. Part of it might be because most game in regard to trophy hunting requires playing with a guide that seems to take you out of the experience, especially if you are playing it for the first time. Maybe I just need to find some more games that I can play from start to finish and end up getting the platinum. Or just maybe, I am getting "old" and don't see videogames as nearly as entertaining. If that is the case, it is a bit of a surprise considering I figured I would never become one to stop or give-up playing videogames.  

It’s just because 95% + of modern games is very bad and full of micro transactions.