Gamers over 30 using PSNprofiles

TheGameCapsule

I’m 37 and my brother will be turning 36. We grew up on Nintendo, moved to Xbox when the original came out and now pretty much stick in Sony’s ecosystem. I do enjoy the Switch though, however, now that I have a Portal that might take my handheld gaming. 

I would say the N64 was our heyday of gaming. The leap to 3D was huge and we had a pretty good catalog of games. Having four controller ports made playing with our friends that much better. Mario Party sure did a number on those controllers though. 

• Like 1

I'm 37 too, started with a Sega master system then properly started loving gaming through the PS1 and PS2 years. Then from 16/17 on just found myself to busy with life and work etc so had a massive gap before deciding to get a PS4 at launch, but rarely finding time to invest playing it. After a few years i got back into gaming and then found trophy hunting in late 2020 during the Covid times. Now im inseparable from my PS5, and pride myself on a "Hunting account".

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, HedleyNEUK said:

I'm 37 too, started with a Sega master system then properly started loving gaming through the PS1 and PS2 years. Then from 16/17 on just found myself to busy with life and work etc so had a massive gap before deciding to get a PS4 at launch, but rarely finding time to invest playing it. After a few years i got back into gaming and then found trophy hunting in late 2020 during the Covid times. Now im inseparable from my PS5, and pride myself on a "Hunting account".

Nice account my dude! And some pretty impressive plats as well.

I have a friend who also got back into gaming during covid, but hers is more of an Animal Crossing vibe. May I ask which game dragged you back?

Edited by Paleblood
  • Like 1

Turned 37 in January and still going strong. Started in the early to mid 90s with a GameBoy, SNES and a 486 PC with a ton of games on it. Later i switched to PlayStation and it has been my main source of gaming ever since although i also have pretty much every Nintendo console, a gaming PC and even the newest Xbox.

• Like 1

I turned 36 last October and I love gaming more than ever. It's still my favorite hobby and the sense of achievement when I platinum/100% is as strong as it has been, even if the backlog is always growing and growing, I still love trophy hunting on my PS3, PS Vita, PS4, PS5. Jumping from one console to another keeps me on my toes and stops me from getting complacent.

Shout out to all us who despite the incorrect social perception that videogames are for kids, are still gaming and trophy hunting as adults, husbands, parents and even granparents 😎

• Like 3

I'm 38 and started as well with NES when I was about 5 years old. Still my favorite hobby. Have two kids and less time to play but the older is old enough now to play as well. So looking forward to play with him fun coop games :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, damage_6-9 said:

Will be 55 in June, started with the Atari, will keep gaming for as long as I have working thumbs and fingers...

ditto 54

started going to arcades when it was just pinball machines then Pong came and Atari. Been a wild ride and gets wilder every year. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Paleblood said:

I turned 30 last year... yikes.

I still feel like the coolest and most youthful mf around. That is until I have to wake up early or see what kind of shit young people actually talk about nowadays.

Favorite game of all time is Bloodborne...duh

My family was poor when I grew up. I had a cracked Playstation One which I got from my cousin and loved it to death. For about 15 years Final Fantasy IX was my favorite game of all time.

When I got older and got a job, I overcompensated for a long time with all the stuff I couldn't get as a kid. I basically bought every console and game I ever wanted.

Today I "only" own a PS5, Switch, Xbox One & PC. The PC was good when I built it, now it's more like a mid-range setup (RTX 2070).

I tend to give my old consoles away to less-fortunate friends or their kids when a new generation drops. Cool thread btw.

I can relate to alot of this, I myself got myself a gaming laptop a couple of years ago don't do alot of gaming on it mainly got it for Star Wars The Old Republic, I have a Ryzen 7 CPU but a crappy 1650i graphics card, will most likely be buy the ASUS ROG Nuc when it comes out later this year, anyway introductions. 

I'm 32, first game I remember playing was Tekken back on PS1 around the time of release so I was maybe 4? After that alot of Pokemon up until it went to DS after the gen 2 it just wasn't as great, most likely because I spent so much time on it I had 249 Pokemon on there just needed a Celibi and one of the phone call pokemon but it never came through the the battery died and I lost everything, as for favourite game I don't have a singular one more favorites at different times of my life Tekken, Pokemon, KOTOR, Soulslike games, Sekiro and Lies Of P are currently tied for first, and Thymesia as well since that's what got me into the genre in the first place. 

One of my favorite things to do aside from trophy hunting is collecting games hence the many 0%'s on my profile and I especially enjoy getting games that aren't easy to come by Like Legend Of Korra or my most recent game Phantom Blade Mirage. 

• Like 2

Hey there! I'm a 32 year old gamer, been playing since my parents bought a snes when I was 5ish and it's been a consistent hobby ever since! Always had a playsation and nintendo console at the same time, starting with snes and ps1 and now currently on switch and ps5 and I see that continuing up until I'm no longer able to game for whatever reason!  Favourite games of all time are legend of legaia and ff9 joint at the top! As I've got older I've gotten more into RPGS and JRPGS. Never been a fan really of FPS games like call of duty or sports games. If I wanna play football I'll play the actual sport x) but that's just me!

I think we're at a point now where a large population of adults (30-50 years old) game regularly which is pretty cool! 

Edited by CaptainMonkster

im 42. i kind of find the demo to be the opposite, 30-40s range. younger kids seem more interested in crap like tik tok and social media influencers. or they just play call of duty over and over or well known titles. i have a friend who is a female a few yrs younger then me and shes put 2k hours in rocket leauge and dont even have the platinum lol. my other friend plays fortnite with his gf everyday because shes 20, i keep telling him i would feel to old to play that crap with them. my first console was intellivision, my dad bought it and would play dungeons and dragons. it was odd because he really wasnt a gamer and i dont know what convinced him to buy it. he would hook it up to a tv on a cart time to time after work and it made me curious wtf it was. then i learned how to hook the wires up by trial and error and the voicing was so horrible on that system that anytime the dragon came out i shut the thing off and ran. same thing with baseball they couldnt say "your out" it just sounded like a monster saying "GETTTTOUTSGHJBSDJGDS". the 2 consoles i kind of missed out on was n64 and ps2 because of working. n64 i got later and enjoyed it until my gf stole it in a breakup. ps2 i worked to much and only rented a few games and bought a few games for it i was to busy doing stuff outside and mainly just played it at night on a weekend if nothing was going on.

Edited by melodicmizery
  • Like 1

Heya, i am 32 years old and i have been playing games since around when i was 7-ish years old and i don't see myself stopping anytime soon. Started on a Terminator (a bootleg console that could play nes games), then got a PS1 and from then i have been a Playstation fan since. I remember when i was a high school, playing games was considered extremely nerdy, but now even people that were taking the piss out of others for playing or talking about games, are playing games.

Edited by ValhoZero
  • Like 1

I'll be 33 in a few days. Been gaming for over a quarter of a century now... Don't plan on stopping any time soon. I like to think that the retirement homes of the future will be filled with crusty old coots playing video games. Shit'll be awesome.

• Like 1

I'm currently 34, but I'll turn 35 next April.

Funnily enough, my beginnings started with a Commodore 64: my father would boot up games on it, and while I don't remember many of them, one I still recall vividly was Aztec Challenge (I guess the music was terrifying for a kid like me). Then I would jump on pc (Me father and I would play games like Alien Odyssey, Alone in the Dark, Descent, Doom and Duke Nukem 3D. All of which scared me as a kid!). Eventually, I'd get into consoles, my first console being...a Megadrive! With inbuilt 6 games. After that, I was gifted a Nintendo 64, and played many games on it. My favorite was Mystical Ninja - I just loved it and even if I couldn't save it, I would still play it everyday!

But it was the PlayStation who made me the game that I am today...and yes, one of the games that made me appreciate games even more, was none other than Final Fantasy 7. I wasn't used to stories in video games, so having a game focused like that was completely new - even though I didn't understand English then. Ever since then I knew what I wanted and to this day it's why I still play RPGs: I like a good story, and a good game, all together in one package. 

• Like 1

will turn 50 at the end of this year

started with vectrex from MB ,things chained fast beetween arcade ,nes ,snes ,ps1,n64,ps2,cube,ps3 ,2 long period on pc in the middle of that,arcade at home then ps4 and now 5 ,these days i m thinking to get back on pc gaming and retro emulation on my arcade cab (need to fix the tht of the screen)

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Paleblood said:

Nice account my dude! And some pretty impressive plats as well.

I have a friend who also got back into gaming during covid, but hers is more of an Animal Crossing vibe. May I ask which game dragged you back?

Hey, Thanks!!

Started with bits and bobs but it was Red Dead 2 that got me properly hooked back in!

I turn 35 today, and I still enjoy gaming and trophy hunting a lot. When I was younger, I baby sat for this rich, successful lawyer. He would be on the TV news getting asked questions about his cases quite a bit. Anyway, he bought everything video game related and had all the consoles. I beat Shenmue at his house because he was the first person I knew with a Dreamcast. I’ve always looked at him and thought, if this successful grown man still plays video games, I can keep playing them too. He was a cool guy BTW.

• Like 3