Gamers over 30 using PSNprofiles

TheGameCapsule

33 minutes ago, SupergiantStarr said:

Hey, I just hit 42 myself. 

I've definitely slowed down a bit - it takes me longer to complete games than it usually did. I much prefer taking my time now, really enjoying the most out of trophy hunting. Definitely makes me a bit more choosy over what to spend my time with. 

I also tend to avoid multiplayer games. Interacting with younger gamers is usually hit or miss in my case. Some are really, really kind and some are really, really nasty. Such is the case with every age group I suppose. 

Welcome to the over-the-hill club :D

Yeah, I too avoid MP trophies for the most part.

• Like 1

At the original start of this topic I still fitted within over 30. Now I'm 41. My parents introduced me to the Atari 2600 and after that I got a NES. I think I will be playing for several years to come. Multiplayer games are hard to combine with my personal life and work, so only on a few occasions.

I am 43, and my first console was the Atari and i still keep it but not sure if it still works lol, i have a huge gaming library and also a figure collector mostly super robots and if people think i am a kid i don't care, the super robots passion came from my childhood as i grew up watching their anime.

And no i am not married not that i chose to be single but it is what it is, marriage will be in the way of this hobby of course.

As for my backlog i have a backlog as big as the galaxy, i am convinced that when i die my backlog will still be huge, no one can beat the backlog.

• Like 1

34 here, it keeps me relaxed and something to ease the mind. I moved from my annual Fifa games (easy 200hrs+ each season) in my 20s to trophy hunting which gave it a bit of a goal. Wisdom comes with age, I do accept that some games are better to ignore or accept that I won't complete them, if it stresses me out. 

To me, nothing beats an early Saturday morning coffee while gaming.  

Edited by HansPatat050

A bit younger than you. My first console was the OG gameboy and my first game was a buggy Disney Hercules game whose 1st level can't be beat.

I even had to play it in front of the store clerk to prove it and had it exchanged. ( I don't remember the game I replaced it with though lol).

Most memorable days came from the PS1 though. I am actually more used to forums and written guides like gamefaqs. During my late teens I was active on gamespot forums if (does anyone even remember they had a forum?). I even did a few game reviews then and I remember a user flaming me for giving FF XIII (the ps2 version) an 8.5/10. 

Good times. Not active in any forums nowadays though, including this one as evidenced by my posting scores. Still have time to game and the casual trophy pop. 

• Like 1

Hello to all

Im 40 and my first console was as Mega Drive with Super Hang On , Italia 90 and Columns cartridge. I love gaming and all the things around it. In my humble opinion, too old for gaming I think is state of mind or pressure,if youlll check ,big part of developers are around this age or older Neil Drukman 45 Hideo Kojima 60 and so on. I think the game evolution is at the same pace  as im getting older because I dont think if I was younger I would enjoy games like God of War or Last of Us the same way.

Some watch movies, others read books and I play videogames. The only bad thing in our age is getting friends to play with is harder imo. But for the good side being older means I can afford whaterver I want. Eheheh

Edited by Rikapadupu

Love this thread. Turned 40 last month. My first console was NES, and gone through various Sega, PS, Nintendos and Xbox over the years. Gaming time reduced by young children so struggling to fit it in but still love it. 

I do still play multiplayer with BF2042, with a fellow older gamer. We love it but still complain about our loss of quick reflexes 🤣 We remain nostalgic for when we were top players in our youth haha. 

Also play on easy most of the time now. Used to do hard plays back in my 20s but just don't have the time to do so now. Play more for story experiences and coop with friends these days. 

• Like 2

35 year old here with massive enthusiasm for gaming and trophy hunting specifically here.

Glad to know there are a few of us still knocking about on the gaming scene. Seen a few of my comrades fall over the years to partners / children but managed to maintain my hobby whilst progressing reasonably well in life.

Happy to be added by any of you older bunch on psn, give me an add and I'll happily accept.

• Like 2

Hi guys,

I'm 31 years old and my first consoles were the SNES and the GameBoy. Still love Pixel Games till this day and Nintendo used to make the best games for childs. My next console was the GameCube (huge love for this console). So I bought the Wii with my sister after that. 

But with the start of the internet I fully turned into a PC Gamer, with like 13 or 14 years. CS, WoW, CoD, Dota (roughly until I was 21) and LOL (since day 1 until today) were my life.

I had a Xbox 360 only for FIFA and SKATE. Few years later I bought my PS4 just for Bloodborne. I played few other games but PC was dominant (Also all of my friends played PC Games)

With the purchase of my PS5 last year, I actually moved away from the PC. I just like to "relax" and play a single player game on the sofa after work. But I need a bit competitive and that's why I discovered collecting trophies. Just to challenge myself!

And yeah...Gaming is my biggest hobby since a kid. Why should I stop a hobby that I've been doing for as long as i can remember? If you enjoyed reading as a child and still do it, you don't have to justify it either. 

Edited by vsvpl1501
  • Like 1

Been on this site for quite a while as a lurker but first time poster just to reply to here. 

I'm 32, 33 this year and been gaming all my life since playing my uncles ZX Sinclair and my grandfathers NES!
Favourite game of all time is a hard one, I have a soft spot for Digimon World on PS1 and the Ratchet & Clank Series but I generally love any RPG's!

I'm mostly a console gamer myself but for the longest time when I was a kid I only had a pc to play games on and I'm not the biggest fan of multiplayer games, mostly due to not having time to put into the MP.

• Like 3

looks like this thread going for a while, 

im 35 started off years and years ago when my dad took me to his friend's store to get me a NES. 

from there i got a sega, playstaion, gba, psp, ps3, ps vita, ps4, 3ds, xbox series, ps5 and last year a gaming pc

still have alot of the consoles and also emulate older stuff now and again. doesnt seem like i will stop soon on my 199 platinum. I guess older gamers just becoming the norm so we should just enjoy doing what we wana do 

• Like 1

I'm 43 myself. First console I had was a Sega Master System, used to play Shinobi with my dad a bunch. He stopped playing console games around the age of 50, but he'll still play AR games like Jurassic World Alive on the phone (74 now). I don't see myself stopping anytime soon, too much fun and met a lot of good people along the way. These days, because of my work I enjoy finding efficient ways to boost games and/or finding solutions to (or at least diagnosing) bugs that pop up. 

Definitely can feel my age some days, I can't pull all nighters any more unless I plan ahead. And games that require fast reflexes are almost impossible for me now. I wasn't that good at them to begin with, so it's not a major loss to me. But there's still plenty of fun out there for everyone. Except for the original American McGee's Alice. There is no fun to be had there for anyone.

• Like 1

I'll be turning 37 later this year. I've been gaming since 1990, first starting with my parents Atari 7800 and then getting a Sega Master System. I grew up with multiple Sega consoles before getting a PS1 in 1998, but honestly I spent more time with my Sega Saturn than the PS1.

• Like 1