What do you guys think?

skinner49

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Well, just finished it, i really wanted to love this game but there are sometimes when an amazing memory of a recent game just does not help you.

A few days ago i got a blast with Brothers, hands down my favorite last year's indie.

Maybe playing kinda similar game (slow pace) so soon was not my best decision. That's why i'm going to play some shooters and action games before playing Journey hehe.

Anyway, nice artistic game, perhaps not played in the right moment.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Liked it alot, except the piss poor ending.

seemed like they set the story up to have a specific ending but lost thier nerve and tacked on a more upbeat one

I really enjoyed the journey but found myself feeling exactly the same way, minus calling it a "piss poor ending." Still, it felt exactly like DrBloodmoney said. Makes me wish it had a harsher ending, actually. I was looking forward to seeing how they were gonna' spin it.

• Like 1

I love the game, the atmosphere is set perfectly, and from the get-go it makes you feel alone and you are just that, alone. Its dark and although the ending wasnt what I expected it was indeed one of my favorite games of 2013.

• 4 weeks later...

I really enjoyed this game, like a couple people said the music and atmosphere is gorgeous. It's not something fast paced or difficult but something to enjoy your way through, curl up with a blanket and a cup of tea and let yourself be immersed in the story.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Well, just finished it, i really wanted to love this game but there are sometimes when an amazing memory of a recent game just does not help you.

A few days ago i got a blast with Brothers, hands down my favorite last year's indie.

Maybe playing kinda similar game (slow pace) so soon was not my best decision. That's why i'm going to play some shooters and action games before playing Journey hehe.

Anyway, nice artistic game, perhaps not played in the right moment.

Agree to this, it seemed like a nice little artistic game for a change but it just wasn't enough, after all. Agree about the Brothers too. Maybe I'll go for the memory collecting later.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Finished it 100% a few days after it came out. It's mechanics are simple and the puzzles aren't that tough to get by. The story though...that's where the charm lies as it will bring your inner child some joy.

It's a very good game imo.

Edited by Lord_of_Ra

I like the aspect of it. Only halfway through it so far. Im expecting an emotional ending though- thats where i think the game will shine. Otherwise gameplay is so-so and sometimes its difficult to tell where the developers want you to go/do next. Graphics are like first gen PS2 but they get the job done i guess. 

WOW so I am not the only one that thinks the same way :o Yeah it's a gorgeous game simple gameplay so you don't die much and can enjoy the game without losing the immersion. I don't know about the rest but the story kept me tangled to the game, I wanted to know what happened next especially in the last 3 chapters. 

The only problem I had just like the rest is that the ending was a big surprise. The game gives you a lot of clues through the story that something bad is going to happen (the people who finished it will understand me) but it went with a surprising ending (I don't want to spoil). I think the game gave all of us a "real twist" because it wasn't what we were expecting. Still a weird ending let down compared to Brothers (I actually wish both games switched their endings :,( Brothers ending made me cry) 

Was I the only one who thought the bad guy was:

225px-Farnsworth-finglonger1.jpg

Or

the love child of him and pyramid head either way.

BTW am I the only one who just is assuming someone's going to die horribly at the end of this. Its just got that feeling all about it I really hope it doesn't. I'm hoping they live happily ever after, but part of me thinks one of them will get Pneumonia and die because they stand in the rain a lot.

Edited by Superbuu3
  • Like 1

Was I the only one who thought the bad guy was:

225px-Farnsworth-finglonger1.jpg

Or

the love child of him and pyramid head either way.

BTW am I the only one who just is assuming someone's going to die horribly at the end of this. Its just got that feeling all about it I really hope it doesn't. I'm hoping they live happily ever after, but part of me thinks one of them will get Pneumonia and die because they stand in the rain a lot.

Nah, i'm pretty sure it was some kind of dream, they did the same dream together haha

• 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...