Cd projekt offering refunds

dannyswfc9

8 hours ago, Sicho said:

when?

Admittedly, I didnt experience the mess the witcher 3 launch was, but I was referring to the heaps of praise and customer-centric reputation they garnered during the following years.

My first experience with them was when they announced gwent would go offline in 6 months, then proceeded to disable 2/3 of the game days later, rendering half a dozen or so trophies and the platinum unobtainable.  After that, they essentially ignored the console players.

Maybe they really are a bunch of assholes that pulled the wool over everyone's eyes.  All I know is, I personally feel this is karma for them for their handling of gwent and that I wont be buying anything new from them anymore.

I'm absolutely loving the game, but even on PS5 the at least 1 crash per hour and load of mostly amusing (but not game breaking) bugs is unavoidable. They were in a rock in a hard place with this one after 3 (4?) delays for this game, but ultimately I think they should have waited until Spring 2021 until most of the bugs were worked out and they could release it in sync with the next gen version.

The fact that Sony pulled the entire thing from the PlayStation Store is crazy though, they must be really annoyed that CD Projekt Red said Sony would give refunds (especially since Sony's refund policy is pretty much non-existent).

For the most part it runs fine on the PS5 but I hear it's really messy on base PS4, here's hopes they can release some fixes for the game and continue to improve it. It's a shame the bugs dragged this game down, because the game, story, and world itself has been so much fun - a breath of fresh air to all the other cookie cutter games that have released recently

Edited by BlindMango
  • Like 4

57 minutes ago, BlindMango said:

I'm absolutely loving the game, but even on PS5 the at least 1 crash per hour and load of mostly amusing (but not game breaking) bugs is unavoidable. They were in a rock in a hard place with this one after 3 (4?) delays for this game, but ultimately I think they should have waited until Spring 2021 until most of the bugs were worked out and they could release it in sync with the next gen version.

I'm playing it on PS5 and I'm torn over whether or not to get a refund. It runs fine but the crashing is troublesome. Might refund and pick it up again in a month or two when crashing at least has been patched. 

I think they should have just cancelled the last-gen versions because at some point they had to look at the state they were in and say "Yeah, if we release the game in this shape, there'll be trouble." Sure, they lose a lot of sales but their rep wouldn't have taken the huge hit it has.

Digital Foundry said they're not sure how much better the base console versions can even get. You can only hammer a square peg into a round hole so far. 

3 hours ago, Killbomb said:

I'm playing it on PS5 and I'm torn over whether or not to get a refund. It runs fine but the crashing is troublesome. Might refund and pick it up again in a month or two when crashing at least has been patched. 

Suppose this is subjective but I don’t see the crashing as an issue at all. Having an SSD in the PS5 makes the crashes basically irrelevant... takes sub 60 seconds to get back in. Sure sometimes you’ll lose some progress, at most I’ve lost like... 5min of gameplay. It’s not like the saves are getting corrupted causing massive loses of time.

All in all on the PS5 the game is rather damn clean. If you’re enjoying it I wouldn’t refund it over the crashes.

Edited by Skurkitty

I honestly encourage everyone to refund the game, unfinished project, they lied to everyone by not letting reviewers test the game, they knew it wasn’t working like it should and still they decided to release it, I don’t blame people who were mad about delays because they were working on the game for 8 years, what a joke...

and to anyone who says it’s a ps5 title, the game supposed to release before the ps5 so I don’t release understand the logic.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Atoya said:

and to anyone who says it’s a ps5 title, the game supposed to release before the ps5 so I don’t release understand the logic.

I believe this logic comes from their last delay statement. They decided to delay it that final time because they were having a lot of issues getting the game to run on last gen consoles. Which indirectly hints at them saying “this’ll be easier on next (now current) gen”.

Which all of that is factual, they clearly did have trouble getting it to run on last gen, and it runs very smooth on current (except the crashes).

That’s not to say that suddenly makes it a PS5 game, it’s marketed as a PS4 so that’s what it is. But that teeny tiny fine print too small for anyone to see likely says “Yeah this shit isn’t gonna work until it’s on PS5/XBSX”.

7 minutes ago, Skurkitty said:

I believe this logic comes from their last delay statement. They decided to delay it that final time because they were having a lot of issues getting the game to run on last gen consoles. Which indirectly hints at them saying “this’ll be easier on next (now current) gen”.

Is PS5 current gen already? Shouldnt it be widely available on the retail market before we start using it as the new normal?

10 hours ago, me_is_caveman said:

First Fallout 76, then Watch Dogs Legion, now Cyberpunk. Too many games being released broken these days smh. 

I regret buying Watch Dogs Legion. It's a bad game even without crashes and bugs. I bought the 100 dollar version and I'm waiting for the DLC to be released next year. I'll probably go for the platinum then. And now I wasted 60 bucks from Cyberpunk. I really have to stop wasting my money lol. At least I didn't buy Failout 76

5 minutes ago, Skurkitty said:

But that teeny tiny fine print too small for anyone to see likely says “Yeah this shit isn’t gonna work until it’s on PS5/XBSX”.

But it IS working on PS4 Pro. Can't talk about base PS4, since I don't have one anymore but my best friend has and he has also been playing for over 20 hours now, so I suppose it works there as well. Granted, he didn't play before 1.04 was already live, because his game delivery was a bit delayed thanks to Covid. I myself play on Ps4 Pro and I'm close to 50 hours now.

It does not look like the trailers on PS4 and it has issues, but it works.

People also tend to forget that a lot of the issues - the bugs, the crashes - are not exclusive to PS4 but also happening on PS5 and even PC! So it's not really a Last Gen/Current Gen divide when it comes to the "real" issues with the game.

Basically the only issues with the PS4 versions that remain are slight performance issues (although I will say that at least on PS4 Pro, the performance is fine! It's not perfect but compared to f.ex. Fallout 4, it runs much better!) and the fact that the graphics are basically on "Low Settings". There is still the need for some fine tuning to be done (and probably will be done) but the people claiming that it is "unplayable" or "not working" are just factually wrong.

It crashes a lot but it does this on every platform. Thats also an issue that needs to be addressed, but the point I wanna make here is that it is not a PS4 issue. It's a general issue with the game, no matter on which platform it is. It crashes on PS5, it crashes on Xbox, it crashes on PC (albeit apparently less on PC and when it crashes, due to the nature of PC gaming, you can never be sure if it's the game or actually something else that causes the crash).

So yeah, the performance isn't perfectly smooth and the graphics don't look like the trailers... other than that, it's working just as "well" as any other version of the game.

4 minutes ago, AJ_-_808 said:

Is PS5 current gen already? Shouldnt it be widely available on the retail market before we start using it as the new normal?

that's not how generations work though ;)

2 minutes ago, AJ_-_808 said:

All depends how you look at it, for me the PS4 generation ended on the PS5 launch day. Understandable that doesn’t apply to everyone unfortunately. But whether I had one or not at this point I’d view PS4 as last gen. Even though we are in that weird in between transitional phase.

1 minute ago, The Titan said:

I regret buying Watch Dogs Legion. It's a bad game even without crashes and bugs. I bought the 100 dollar version and I'm waiting for the DLC to be released next year. I'll probably go for the platinum then.

I enjoyed Legion o_O. My only real gripe with it was recruited characters defaulted back to their standard cloths on the street and in the hideout when not in use. Thought it was a step in the right direction for the game as I don’t believe a game about a hacker group should have a main star like in 1-2. Gameplay wise it was pretty much the same though, but that’s just Ubisoft’s model. Copy/Paste gameplay w/ minor tweaks and new story. *looks at AC* 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Skurkitty said:

All depends how you look at it, for me the PS4 generation ended on the PS5 launch day. Understandable that doesn’t apply to everyone unfortunately. But whether I had one or not at this point I’d view PS4 as last gen. Even though we are in that weird in between transitional phase.

I enjoyed Legion o_O. My only real gripe with it was recruited characters defaulted back to their standard cloths on the street and in the hideout when not in use. Thought it was a step in the right direction for the game as I don’t believe a game about a hacker group should have a main star like in 1-2. Gameplay wise it was pretty much the same though, but that’s just Ubisoft’s model. Copy/Paste gameplay w/ minor tweaks and new story. *looks at AC* 

Guess the reason why I'm hard on it is probably because I enjoyed 1 and 2. Even though they are both different games, I think both are very underrated games. Also I'd say that Watch Dogs having more than 1 main character is a good idea. GTA V proved it can work with 3! But I'd rather have like maybe 5 main characters with a personality to play as instead of the gimmick where you play as anyone you want but they all feel lifeless, robotic and boring. Like they are all NPCs or somethings. Oh wait...

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, The Titan said:

Also I'd say that Watch Dogs having more than 1 main character is a good idea. GTA V proved it can work with 3! But I'd rather have like maybe 5 main characters with a personality to play as.

Okay this I agree with and honestly didn’t think about. Prime example would be just take the WD2 cast and make them all playable. Nod.

• Like 1

Given that they could/should have seen this trainwreck coming from a mile away, here's what they should have done:

Be transparent 

Release the PC version

Delay the console version with an explanation (blame covid, blame coding etc) and apology.  Offer up a console pre-order refund, $10-20 credit, or a free future dlc/season pass etc

The apology and free offering would help them save their reputation and their loss would likely have been much less than what's happening now.  The hit on their reputation will probably make salvaging the situation with new-gen sales a high obstacle.

• Like 1

I've already emailed the devs twice and I still haven't gotten a response. Since it was just announced yesterday they would start doing refunds for physical copy owners (like me) it's frustrating that they will stop giving refunds by tomorrow. Giving them only 2 days to accept refunds from retail buyers. A very shitty move on them. I emailed yesterday and again today. Guess I have to sell my copy. If I had known the graphics were this terrible I wouldn't have bought this game. I knew it was probably gonna be downgraded but I thought it would at least look good. And now my local Gamestop is refusing my refund. What a fucking scam.