March’s PlayStation Plus Final Fantasy 7 Remake

SketchyBogan-

17 minutes ago, BloodyRutz said:

The key difference is that the PS5 version of FF VII REMAKE is actually getting a new content. I don't really see the point from business perspective to create a new content just to give it for free.

Make the new content a separate DLC? If you buy the PS5 disc it will be on there, if you have the PS4 disc it downloads the content anyway. PSN obviously knows the difference between people that bought it or people that redeem it for free so it could automatically just add the DLC to the right players library.

Since I didn't buy the original, guess I'll forego this version too.

1 hour ago, BB-BakkerJ said:

Ps Plus March 2021:

FF7 Remake (PS4)

Remnant: From the Ashes (PS4)

Farpoint (PS4) (VR)

Maquette (PS5)

Yeah I got this from the official Dutch PlayStation blog too. But it has been deleted indeed. 

An awesome month if it turns out to be true, which I’m going to assume.

But nothing for me I guess. Already played FF7 Remake, and I don’t think Remnant: From the Ashes is something for me.

Edit: They reposted it. So must be true now. Great month indeed.

Edited by BB-BakkerJ

Fair play to Sony. They have been on form since the PS5 launch with Plus games. 

Even if there are games that arent for everyone (PS5 upgrades or not, included) i'd wager there has been at least something most have benefitted from given how decent the titles given away are.

With Oddworlds new title coming to April's Plus aswell, long may it continue.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mcnichoj said:

What a load of horse cock. They give away Control Ultimate just weeks after they had it on a sale with free upgrade to PS+ users but can't do the same with a game that hasn't had a similar sale that could have potentially burned people?

I'm not sure what exactly it is you're upset about. If you bought the PS4 version already, you'll get the free PS5 upgrade. And it was on sale on PSN for half price around Christmas.

If you have not bought the PS4 version, you can get this PS+ version, but you will not get the PS5 upgrade. If it matters to you that much, you will have to buy the PS5 version separately. Otherwise, you can still play your PS+ version on your PS5 via backwards compatibility.

You're upset because they're giving away the PS4 version but not the PS5 version?

Probably the only reason Square Enix agreed to put this game in PS+ (less than 1 year after release) is to encourage people who haven't bought it to play it, hopefully get hooked, and get them to pay for the PS5 version (and buy all the future instalments on PS5.. or PS6..)

6 hours ago, peffsi said:

If it matters to you that much, you will have to buy the PS5 version separately. Otherwise, you can still play your PS+ version on your PS5 via backwards compatibility.

You're upset because they're giving away the PS4 version but not the PS5 version?

Great solution. We're giving you this game for free now go buy the $70 version in three months.

9 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

Or wait a year and it'll be $15

Cheapest the original has been is $30.

Edit:

Can anyone read this? Is that top thing an upgrade option for 100 yen (roughly $1.00USD)? Supposedly the bottom thing is the Yuffie DLC which is basically $21USD.

AAPbKGAABiHO.jpg

Edited by mcnichoj

1 minute ago, DaivRules said:

Theres's physical copies. Give it time. Especially with it being free on Plus. It'll keep dropping. And used have already been around $20.

I already saw used copies for $20 on eBay but a certain irony exists where I have a disc based PS5 model and could put used discs into it but I don't want to put used discs into it.

I can understand why they haven't offered the free PS5 upgrade to those who get the game from PS Plus. However, locking them out of the upgrade path completely just seems like a bad move and will piss more people off in the long run. Someone new to the game now has to pay for it again if they want the benefits of the next gen version. Yes, they might be able to get it cheap via a sale but it's still not exactly the most consumer friendly business practise.

Maybe offering a PS5 upgrade package for £10-£15 or something to those Plus owners would have been a better route.

• Like 2

On 27/02/2021 at 2:29 AM, AgentSmiz said:

Maybe offering a PS5 upgrade package for £10-£15 or something to those Plus owners would have been a better route.

It’s Squeenix, they’re almost nailed on to do this a couple of months down the line.

Remember XV Royal Edition?

On 26/02/2021 at 0:53 PM, HellsGhetto__ said:

dammit, wanted to play this on my 100% account guess I won't be now

My thoughts exactly but now I'm reading that the DLC is PS5 exclusive so the 100% on PS4 should stay at just the platinum?

Either way I'm giving it a few months just incase they announce it for PS4 later on.

On 26/02/2021 at 10:31 PM, mcnichoj said:

Cheapest the original has been is $30.

Edit:

Can anyone read this? Is that top thing an upgrade option for 100 yen (roughly $1.00USD)? Supposedly the bottom thing is the Yuffie DLC which is basically $21USD.

AAPbKGAABiHO.jpg

Yeah, the top is the PS4 to PS5 upgrade since they aren't getting it free. I'm guessing there's some reason they can't give it free in JP which is why they're charging a nominal amount....

The bottom is the Yuffie Episode DLC for anyone upgrading from the PS4 version.

• Like 1

from the first moment, it was clearly said the no ps5 upgrade for the free psn game but children are still writing again and the worst thing it drove another child to say bullshit 

it's for pathetic to see how people complaining on free games. 

9 hours ago, cometowner said:

from the first moment, it was clearly said the no ps5 upgrade for the free psn game but children are still writing again and the worst thing it drove another child to say bullshit 

true, I've paid maximum on release date. Now you probably need to pay <30 for extra free content. I wished I could replay this game again for another platinum. It was great fun and now even free

On 3/3/2021 at 7:31 AM, cometowner said:

Correction, I called it horse cock. I know what it "clearly said", that's the whole reason I'm mad. Do you think I'm just randomly mad for no reason?

They are "free" games but all three of the ones offered this month require you to now pay extra money to complete or get the full experience. Lets start with FF, if you get it on + then you still have to go out and buy the PS5 version at whatever price plus the Yuffie DLC. Remnant? You have to buy two expansions. Farpoint? You either need to get a VR headset for hundreds of dollars or you never play it at all and it was just a wasted game for the month. On top of requiring the VR, people recommend playing Farpoint with the Aim controller, another $70+ down the drain for a "free" game.

Feel free to keep getting upset over the fact I'm upset "adult".

• Like 1

Do you guys know what is more bullshit than 'cannot upgrade FF7 Remake to PS5'?

In PlayStation Arabia, the post said 'In Kuwait, Lebanon, Oman and Qatar, Final Fantasy VII will be replaced by Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons.'

And I already got 'Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons; in PS3 Plus on 2014. So yeah, that's really bullshit.

4 hours ago, Fugoha said:

Do you guys know what is more bullshit than 'cannot upgrade FF7 Remake to PS5'?

In PlayStation Arabia, the post said 'In Kuwait, Lebanon, Oman and Qatar, Final Fantasy VII will be replaced by Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons.'

And I already got 'Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons; in PS3 Plus on 2014. So yeah, that's really bullshit.

Nothing. Well putting Control Ultimate (with a heavy advertisement campaign about the free PS5 upgrade) up on sale two weeks before they gave it away on PS+ is a close second though.

Regional differences is not uncommon. Due to availability and licensing, some games don't get the same promotions everywhere. Considering why I'm here you would be better off just buying a disc copy if you ever planned to pick up a PS5 and wanted to play the PS5 version with the new DLC. I'm on the fence right now over this whole thing, I could buy a brand new copy off Amazon US right now discounted for $30USD but I hate the idea I'm giving SE/Sony money from this. At least you're getting a better version of a good game with an easy completion.

On 3/4/2021 at 5:32 PM, mcnichoj said:

Correction, I called it horse cock. I know what it "clearly said", that's the whole reason I'm mad. Do you think I'm just randomly mad for no reason?

They are "free" games but all three of the ones offered this month require you to now pay extra money to complete or get the full experience. Lets start with FF, if you get it on + then you still have to go out and buy the PS5 version at whatever price plus the Yuffie DLC. Remnant? You have to buy two expansions. Farpoint? You either need to get a VR headset for hundreds of dollars or you never play it at all and it was just a wasted game for the month. On top of requiring the VR, people recommend playing Farpoint with the Aim controller, another $70+ down the drain for a "free" game.

Feel free to keep getting upset over the fact I'm upset "adult".

Seeing the list of games under your current account with many ZERO percent makes me wonder why do you even bother about PS plus game. If you SAVED the money for your unwanted games you would also complain about paying 70$ and bought a VR already. 

secondly, it has been a while since they offered something free to VR owners. Please, don't get upset because you don't own it. 

On 3.3.2021 at 1:31 PM, cometowner said:

the games aren't free though. You have to play a monthly fee to play them, the PS+ subscription.

"Free Games" for me means that I could keep the game forever, even if I stop paying the subscription... like MS did with Xbox 360 titles in "Games for Gold". Or like the games on Twitch Prime/Prime Gaming, that you claim once and have forever, even if you stop paying for Amazon Prime.

Or, you know, really free, like the free games on the Epic Games Store or some games at GOG.com etc., where you don't have to pay anything at all. Just log in and claim the game.

So yeah, the PS+ games aren't "free" games. They are part of the content of your subscription and that subscription is not free.

No one considers the PS NOW library to be "free games", so why do you do that with the PS+ library? I think that's weird.