WaddysWDS

Reversal: PS3, Vita, And PSP Stores To No Longer Close Permanently

2,376 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, enaysoft said:

When you buy Cross buy, it allows you to download the Vita version too. HOWEVER you seem to need to have downloaded the game at least once. Otherwise it won't be in your downloads list (for some reason, maybe a bug)

Presumably when the store is closed you will only be able to download games using that painfully my downloads long list, no search feature in that...

As if you're trying to find a game you downloaded 6 years via twitter or something, scroll and scroll and scroll down until you find it, or skip past it by mistake (which is what happens to me anyway)

Don’t know 100% answer still because I have some games cross buy from PS4 and I see them on download list,but never played still. I know I need to download some games that says ‘free’ after cross buy on PS3/4,but some other games like ratalaika I buy once on PS4 and see on Vita download list

5 hours ago, s_cubasteve said:

Does anybody know if I can still download a game from a game code (specifically Sly 3 for Vita from the Sly Cooper Collection) after the store is closed? I may be able to buy a physical copy at a decent price in the coming weeks but don't want to have to rush just yet.

I know already purchased games aren't affected and are able to be downloaded but not sure about game codes in purchased physical copies.

Apologies if this has been answered before in this thread, I am trying to keep up a couple of times a day but it's insanely long at this point.

EDIT: Just read that the codes for that game have all expired now so I guess that answers my question anyways

Maybe we'll get lucky and be able to redeem codes after store closure but I wouldn't count on it. I usually leave my games sealed until I get around to playing them but I opened and redeemed the code from my Metal Gear Solid Legacy Collection yesterday because I'm not counting on being able to get the PS1 games from it after store closure. 

Also for what it's worth, others and myself have been able to redeem expired codes from various games over the years, so it's still possible you get your digital content (no guarantees, of course).

5 hours ago, enaysoft said:

When you buy Cross buy, it allows you to download the Vita version too. HOWEVER you seem to need to have downloaded the game at least once. Otherwise it won't be in your downloads list (for some reason, maybe a bug)

Presumably when the store is closed you will only be able to download games using that painfully my downloads long list, no search feature in that...

As if you're trying to find a game you downloaded 6 years via twitter or something, scroll and scroll and scroll down until you find it, or skip past it by mistake (which is what happens to me anyway)

I'm reasonably certain this is only an issue for PS3 games. I bought a bunch of Rat games using the web store during the last sale, and every one of them is on my Vita download list. Same goes for 3 of the Kemco RPGs

Posted (edited)

4 hours ago, AihaLoveleaf said:

Also for what it's worth, others and myself have been able to redeem expired codes from various games over the years, so it's still possible you get your digital content (no guarantees, of course).

taking it a step further, I'm almost certain that Sony would be legally bound to honor codes (or offer refunds) in some cases. For example, I bought a couple of years back a physical version of South Park: Fractured But Whole. The game came with a code for The Stick of Truth, but when I opened the package, I saw that this code had expired.

The problem? There was (and is) nothing on the box itself to tell you that the code was (or even could) expire. You have to open the product to see this, but once you've opened the product, it is not returnable. 

I've said it before, but I really feel like companies don't think this crap through enough.

52 minutes ago, diskdocx said:

I'm reasonably certain this is only an issue for PS3 games. I bought a bunch of Rat games using the web store during the last sale, and every one of them is on my Vita download list. Same goes for 3 of the Kemco RPGs

Maybe, but it's certainly an issue. 

Generally for me, if I go to the Vita and that little...shopping...bag...icon...thing is next to the game, then it's in my download list without having to download it again. But when it's not there, I generally have to download it myself again. I can't say that this is true with 100% certainly, but the vast majority of my Vita play is stacking cross-play titles, and that's been my general observation.

Edited by starcrunch061

1 hour ago, AihaLoveleaf said:

Very true. I wish publishers would have taken these physical compilation games more seriously before this became a problem. Bundling codes for what should have been on disc/cartridge was always a dumb idea and it's a shame nothing really changed despite the practice having been called out multiple times over the years.

"Ultimate edition" and then all the DLC is on a code like they got some sadists in those Sony buildings.

Let's hope for a big PS Vita "Good Bye Sale", I don't have all Ratalaika Games yet.

I called this morning to PlayStation support about this issue with the patches and the store closure. Whether or not Sony does anything about it, I don't know. I don't have any faith in them doing the right thing for their customers at this point.

21 minutes ago, POEman553 said:

I called this morning to PlayStation support about this issue with the patches

Good luck with that lmao. The will tell you to press Triangle and to search for updates.

19 minutes ago, Lance_87 said:

Good luck with that lmao. The will tell you to press Triangle and to search for updates.

I was able to explain it and the support person understood what I was asking really well -- although whether or not it actually leads to anything makes me wonder.

This is so tiring, you guys. Seriously. It feels like all of the time and effort put into this side of the console wars was a waste lol

1 minute ago, Winterglemm said:

This is so tiring, you guys. Seriously. It feels like all of the time and effort put into this side of the console wars was a waste lol

There are no console wars. There never was. Any "effort" put into either side was wasted to begin with.

1 minute ago, Winterglemm said:

I feel you. I just wanted to buy my games and DLC before the store closed and just play what I can while I can. Now it seems like even that isn't going to be very easy. 

Posted (edited)

I had LittleBigPlanet Racing Digital Edition (EU) patch throwing an error and failing to download few times in 2019. I was stubborn with it and it finally went through the whole big download. I'm afraid to delete it from my PS3 ever since.

I guess PS3 digital games aren't downloaded patched like on PS4, but need patch downloaded separately after main game download. Or was it only LittleBigPlanet Racing issue? Not sure.

Edited by Arethien

And now i have to test my "Castlevania: Lords of Shadow" copy to see if there is a problem with downloading the patch. Good f.. work Sony. We don't expect anything good from you and yet, you improve to dissapoint us even further.

So to confirm, ps3 trophies can still be earned and will sync after this closure, right? I didn't see it in sony's FAQ.

43 minutes ago, anoffday said:

So to confirm, ps3 trophies can still be earned and will sync after this closure, right? I didn't see it in sony's FAQ.

Assume no and complete now. Get them knocked quicker rather than later. You just never know what may happen at this point.

36 minutes ago, MrTrofyHunter said:

Assume no and complete now. Get them knocked quicker rather than later. You just never know what may happen at this point.

Pretty much this. I don't think trophies are going to be dead the day after store closure but I am treating my legacy trophies like they're on a timer and acting accordingly.

Will DLC code vouchers be redeemable after the Store shutdown? I don't remember they mentioned anything about that.

On 3/22/2021 at 10:01 AM, WaddysWDS said:

You will still be able to redeem game and PlayStation®Plus vouchers.

I’ve got a couple I’m saving to test after the shutdown. 

13 minutes ago, Deceptrox said:

Will DLC code vouchers be redeemable after the Store shutdown? I don't remember they mentioned anything about that.

Thats specifically called out in the announcement: