Reversal: PS3, Vita, And PSP Stores To No Longer Close Permanently

WaddysWDS

1 hour ago, SnowxSakura said:

Not anymore. Unless you know a friend that owns one to buy on, the only option now is the system itself

Nobody :

Sony : We don't want you to buy our old games, and we'll make it as hard as we can for you to buy them and they will be full price.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, enaysoft said:

Nobody :

Sony : We don't want you to buy our old games, and we'll make it as hard as we can for you to buy them and they will be full price.

I like to think Sony got a staff of people who just manually deny random purchases on random accounts just for the shits and giggles.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Psynapsx said:

Is there a list of games that will be gone forever after store closure?

Like a list of digital only games and digital only DLCs

Does such list exists?

17 minutes ago, Sir_TyroneOBE said:

They do I don't have a link but its somewhere around here.

This is a list of items that can’t be found anywhere else besides PSN:

https://forum.psnprofiles.com/topic/105795-for-the-players-a-list-of-all-psn-exclusive-games-for-ps3psvpsppsm/#comment-2298411

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Winterglemm said:

No, it's probably because Sony is notorious for shitty practices like pulling the plug on things out of the blue, making it not out of the question that they would terminate trophies as well

What have they pulled out of the blue without announcing it ahead of time?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DaivRules said:

What have they pulled out of the blue without announcing it ahead of time?

All i remember is that they announced a specific date for the Driveclub game and DLC delisting but it was delisted a couple of days earlier than expected.

Other than that, nothing. Maybe the MotorStorm 1 update servers that were restored some time after the shutdown in 2012? They don't work anymore as of 2021, or so it seems, i don't want to try. And they're required for DLC compatibility, with several DLCs being not free.

18 minutes ago, Lem-77 said:

http://chng.it/nxcPxyHGHW

I just wanted to let everybody know, that the petition that was posted here earlier in this topic, has now reached at least 1000 signatures as of this time. Realistically I am aware that the chances for it to succeed are all over the place. I still like for some sort of chance or something along those lines to happen, to show Sony that they shouldn't do this. So hopefully the petition keeps growing in general and/or other things occur before this Summer, for some sort of reversal.

I will vote with you.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Lordidude said:

Vote with your wallet.

Don't buy a PS5. Only buy used games.

Buy an XBOX.

This petition is useless, since they care about money and not about imaginary internet votes.

It's very sad what happened to PlayStation.

• Like 1

So hypothetically if I have a Vita game that's unopened and I decide to play it AFTER the store shuts down will I still be able to download all the necessary updates for said game or will I be SOL? This question may have already been answered so I apologize in advance it it has, don't feel like reading 90 pages of replies.  

23 minutes ago, Pray_4_the_End said:

So hypothetically if I have a Vita game that's unopened and I decide to play it AFTER the store shuts down will I still be able to download all the necessary updates for said game or will I be SOL? This question may have already been answered so I apologize in advance it it has, don't feel like reading 90 pages of replies.  

At this moment there is no reason to think that downloads will be affected. Sony has stated that purchased games will remain available. This also means that any patches should still be available. What will disappear (for now) is the possibility to buy digital games for PS3 and Vita. If for some reason downloads stop working after store closure, that will cause a shit storm of such magnitude that Sony will have no other option than to repair it.

Having said that, there is a reason why I have started focusing on trophies for PS3 games pretty much exclusively now. I may not distrust Sony's intentions most of the time, but I do mistrust their competence all of the time.

Edited by pinkrobot_pb
  • Like 4

@pinkrobot_pb Awesome thanks for the reply, good to know. I have quite a few unopened Vita games (I like to wait to unwrap them till I'm ready to play, it's like a mini Christmas for me lol) that I've been waiting to play. Due to the announcement of the store closing though a few of them have shot up in price significantly so I'm thinking about just keeping them sealed and seeing how much the price goes up after the shut down. Just wanting to know in case I decide to not sell and play them in like a year if the updates will still work for them assuming there are updates/patches. 

• Like 1