PS5 April Update brings new storage options and social features

Ghost

5 hours ago, Infected Elite said:

so game patch update pre-load.... has to be for digital only right?

Not at all, this was fairly new even on PS4 and as far I know only Modern Warfare/Warzone had this enabled because lord knows their patches were humongous (10-50GB).

I'm quite surprised patch update pre-download wasn't a thing on PS5 since launch already, there are minor things like this that are still no on the PS5 OS.

• Like 1

Looks like they havent changed trophy layout yet but im hopeful they will eventually if they listen to feedback and they do seem to still care about trophies as they have update some of it like you can go to a trophy list by clicking the activity card now.

most annoying thing about no vertical list is it already exists under compare trophies so they have thought about it and just need to convert it to main list

8 hours ago, OpenScars said:

The trophy Stat Update option is the most pointless thing going. Just add the damn progress bar underneath. Having to press an additional button to get exactly the same stats as already on the screen, is just retarded.

It’s completely irrelevant. I can already see my stats by going to the trophy section. Why do I need to press another button to see the same thing. When they said at a moments glance, I was hoping maybe they make a trophy section near Media or something like that. Why add an option for this when you’re already at the trophy section and can see your stats lmao

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, SKiL_Clash said:

It’s completely irrelevant. I can already see my stats by going to the trophy section. Why do I need to press another button to see the same thing. When they said at a moments glance, I was hoping maybe they make a trophy section near Media or something like that. Why add an option for this when you’re already at the trophy section and can see your stats lmao

that would be cool having a trophy tab next to media and I agree the only thing different to what you can already see is a level bar which should have just been added to the top. 

You can now change the sound volume for every party member separately and that's great. Or could we do it before?

Cloud storage can be used directly on the game you need via "options", just like on PS4. Glad they made this so fast.

Crossgen shareplay is a thing that I wanted the most and I can now comfy watch/stream games with a friend without having to boot up ps4 just for that.

On 13.4.2021 at 5:33 PM, Ghost said:

First major PS5 console update lets you store PS5 games on USB extended storage, share gameplay across PS5 and PS4 consoles, and more.

Playstation Blog

Dissapointed with usb storage... now cheating will come on ps5 aswell in time...  rest looks neeth tho :) 

EDIT: My bad, i thought they put back the option to backup game saves again. I hope they never put that option back. 

Edited by DividedByMankind

Just a note they did take 1 thing out with the update. With whats going. This is on par for sony.?

In the filters options when searching through your game Library. If you hit platform PS3 was taken out. 

Guessing whatever was plan originally got scrapped. ? was hopeing they integrate PS3 stuff at some point... thats gone. They really need to change leader at sony?

Edited by Zid960

On 2021-04-13 at 9:35 AM, dakk55 said:

So....in other words, they're giving us back the options we had previously? 

... That's how software has always worked, on any platform.

On 2021-04-13 at 10:31 AM, turniplord said:

You can still backup the console - which backs up all games and saves. Then restore later, and it puts them all back. The only reason people would want individual saves backed up to USB is so they can abuse the games and obtain trophies easier - or if they wanted to take them to a friends house, for some reason.

How? How do you backup your saves without PS+? Also, yes, if you don't want to pay for + you're just abusing the system :facepalm:

• Like 2

On 14/04/2021 at 1:31 AM, turniplord said:

You can still backup the console - which backs up all games and saves. Then restore later, and it puts them all back. The only reason people would want individual saves backed up to USB is so they can abuse the games and obtain trophies easier - or if they wanted to take them to a friends house, for some reason.

Some people like me move a lot because of work and i have a ps5/ps4 in my different apartments, i like to resume a game right where i left off instead of waiting  sometimes months to get back to my primary residence. 

Anyway, i realized this update screwed up a lot. Now i can't even transfer PS4 saves from my ps5 to a usb device ......  The ps5 fails to detect the USB stick memory and just sees it as empty ( 0 ko). The weird thing is when i try to copy from the USB device to the ps5, it works correctly and the ps5 detects the memory capacity just fine. I tried with 3 different USB devices, obviously with memory left (they were working just fine before the update) and plugged to the 4 different USB ports on the ps5 BUT it's not working.

I started playing Tales of Vespiria on my ps5 and i tried to transfer my 15 hours playthrough save as i was heading to my main home for a couple of weeks. When i realized i was screwed, i had to buy a 1 month ps+ subscription to transfer the data on the cloud, it was better than carrying a ps5 in a plane or restart from scratch. I looked up online and i only found one guy on a french forum experiencing the same issue.... I wonder if it only affects a limited number of people or if somehow there is a fix i dont know about.