Vita and PS3 store spending

happyman778

PS Vita and PS3 store spending  

178 members have voted

1. 1. With these two stores closing down how much have you spent on them since the announcement?

• £0
    • <£20
    • £20 - £40
    • £41 - £60
    • £61 - £80
    • £81 - £100
    • >£100

1 hour ago, lordzeze said:

I'm going back and forth on what to do with the PS3 digital games and DLC. Wait and hope there is a sale however unlikely, or buy them now in case they get delisted before the store shuts down.

There will NEVER be a sale on PS3 games again, unless they're cross-buy PS4 titles. PS3 game sales completely stopped in early 2020. I highly recommend that you all grab any last bits of dlc or games that you're interested in now, as there have already been some titles delisted in the past few weeks, so it won't be surprising if more disappear in the coming months before the imminent shutdown of the PS3/Vita stores.

Edited by SegaJAM

As priority, i have DLC associated with trophies. The first part of my "massive" spending will have to do with Lords of Shadow DLC (and maybe some avatars). Next, it wil be a"buffet" (VR missions for Metal Gear: Rising Revengeance, the DLC content for Enslaved: Odysssey from  the West, the DLC content and missions for Ninja Gaiden 2 and 3, DLC content for AC Brotherhood, Revelations and Black Flag and then, we will see).

• Like 1

So far I just paid around 15€ for some DLC`s.

I bought and will buy mostly DLC`s with Trophies, but at the moment I`m not so sure how much more I will spend. To be on the safe site I would say 50€ more would be possible. So in total I hope I can stay under 70€. Fingers crossed. ?

There's some weird symbol in the poll. Is it supposed to be $? ?

(Oh, and for the Germans out there who seem to think I'm serious whenever I post something like this, THAT'S A JOKE.)

Anyway, I haven't spent anything. There are a couple of things I've considered, though I'm in no rush (in the blind hope that there might be a "Going Out of Business!" sale): I wouldn't mind triple-dipping into Akiba's Trip on the Vita. And there is some stupid game I started years ago, but never bothered to finish (Blue Toad Murder or something?). But that's about it.

• Like 2

On 4/17/2021 at 6:14 AM, tonkie18 said:

I’m just curious what people are buying? Is it mainly DLC’s and digital only games? Is it cheaper to buy physical copies of other games? I never had a PS3 at the time so eventually I would like to play on it (I have one now).. so want to make sure I get the content I want before it closes

There’s some games that don’t have a physical release and are digital only (Dynasty Warriors Gundam Reborn is an example) and there’s a few games that costs a ton of money physically. Also, there’s a few games that you’ll have a hard time finding at a reasonable price. Call it pros and cons I guess. 

Digital only:

- Batman: Arkham Origins - Blackgate

- Ratchet: Gladiator/Deadlocked

DLC:
- Batman: Arkham Origins: Cold, Cold Heart
- Dead Space 2: Severed
- Assassin’s Creed IV Black Flag – Freedom Cry

Physical, mostly had borrowed them before. Only Into The Nexus was €20, the rest varied around €5- €7:

- Batman: Arkham Origins

- Ratchet & Clank: Tools of Destruction

- Ratchet & Clank: Quest For Booty

- Ratchet & Clank: Into The Nexus

- Split/Second Velocity

- LittleBigPlanet 2

- Tekken 6

The current 'wishlist' still contains a load of DLC that I plan to buy once I get that far.

My PS3 backlog is shrinking fast now though :awesome:

Current spending should be around €80- €90 or so, but that'll increase in the coming months to way beyond €100.

Luckily for me I didn't panic buy anything, just buying Vita games at my normal rate. I was planning on waiting till the month of to panic buy the few games I still want for the Vita. Glad I waited though, I only spent like $30ish on all Muramasa Rebirth DLC and Oddworld: Munch's Odyssey.  

On 4/19/2021 at 10:45 AM, kidson2004 said:

There’s some games that don’t have a physical release and are digital only (Dynasty Warriors Gundam Reborn is an example) and there’s a few games that costs a ton of money physically. Also, there’s a few games that you’ll have a hard time finding at a reasonable price. Call it pros and cons I guess. 

It does have an english PAL physical release if you want it on disc bad enough

I made a huge list last week of everything (Or close to it) I'd like to buy before store closure and catalogued prices so, here it goes:

1. Sleeping Dogs- The Year of the Snake DLC - R$37,50
2. GTA: Liberty City Stories - R$20,99
3. GTA 3 - R$20,99
4. DmC: Vergil's Downfall DLC - R$18,99
5. God of War Ascension Online Pass - R$20,99
6. Metal Gear Rising Revengeance: VR Missions - R$15,90
7. Mass Effect 3 From Ashes DLC R$53,90
8. Mass Effect 3 Citadel DLC - R$79,90
9. Mass Effect 3 Omega DLC - R$79,90
10. Mass Effect 3 Leviathan DLC - R$53,90
11. XCOM: Enemy Unknown Slingshot DLC (HK PS Store) - HK$52,00/R$57,50
12. Dead Nation Road of Devastation DLC - R$8,99
13. Mass Effect 2 Arrival DLC - R$14,99
14. Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4 - R$53,90
15. Shin Megami Tensei Digital Devil Saga - R$53,90
16. Shin Megami Tensei Digital Devil Saga 2 - R$20,99
17. Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne - R$53,90
18. Shin Megami Tensei Summoner: Raidou Kuzunoha vs The Soulless Army - R$53,90
19. Shin Megami Tensei Summoner 2: Raidou Kuzunoha vs King Abaddon - R$20,99
20. Odin Sphere - R$20,99
21. Castlevania Lament of Innocence - R$20,99
22. Manhunt - R$20,99
23. Max Payne - R$20,99
24. Capcom vs SNK 2: Mark of the Millenium 2001 - R$20,99
25. God Hand - R$20,99
26. Bully - R$30,90
27. Final Fantasy VI - R$20,99
28. Myst - R$12,99
29. The King of Fighters '99 - R$12,99
30. Suikoden II - R$53,90
31. Suikoden III - R$53,90
32. Suikoden IV - R$53,90
33. Batman: The Telltale Series - R$79,90

All those R$ is Brazilian Real currency. Adding all up equals to 1187.43 BRL, after conversion to pound sterling, £153.1

There is a game or two missing from that, like Castlevania Harmony of Despair or PS1/PS2 Classics not available on my country's PS Store such as Spyro & Crash Trilogy and Silent Hill that I didn't include because quite frankly I wouldn't have money for that anyway, but I might include them now after recent news.

P.S: In portuguese writing it's regular to use comma to indicate a fraction in number, unlike in english where a period is used to indicate that. So a price of R$20,99 actually means R$20.99 in english. Hope this clarify anyone reading this.

• Like 1

PS3:

1. Sonic Adventure 2 Battle

2. Eiyuu Senki - The World Conquest

3. Fist of the North Star Ken's Rage 2

4. Gundam Warriors Reborn

PS Vita:

1. Root Double
  2. Summon Night 6
  3. Muv-Luv
  4. Muv-Luv: Alternative
  5. Xblaze Code: Embryo
  6. XBlaze Lost: Memories
  7. Nurse Love Syndrome
  8. Nurse Love Addiction
  9. Blazblue Continuum Shift Extend

DLC for both PS3 & PS Vita:

1. SW: The Force Unleashed - Jedi Temple DLC
  2. SW: The Force Unleashed II - Endor Mission DLC
  3. Street Fighter X Tekken - DLC Characters
  4. BlazBlue: Continuum Shift - DLC Characters(Makoto, Valkenhayn and Platinum)

5. Disgaea D2 - DLC Character Metallia

6. Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage 2 - All original Manga Costumes

7. Tears to Tiara II: Heir of the Overlord - DLC Character Aruruu

8. Tales of Graces f - Tales of Costumes

9. Persona 4: Arena Ultimax - DLC Characters(Tohru Adachi, Marie and Margaret)

It all ended up costing 5000 NOK or so. With the stores going to stay open for god knows how long, I might get buy more games(more likely only going to be PS Vita but who knows) some time and the DLC for any of the Compile Heart RPGs then I get to them.

On 2021-04-17 at 4:14 AM, tonkie18 said:

I’m just curious what people are buying? Is it mainly DLC’s and digital only games? Is it cheaper to buy physical copies of other games? I never had a PS3 at the time so eventually I would like to play on it (I have one now).. so want to make sure I get the content I want before it closes

For most, I'd assume DLC and digital only games. In general most games are WAYYYY cheaper to get physically. In some cases however the physical versions are priced incredibly highly and as a result it'd make no sense spending $100+ on an old game when you pickup the same thing for $20.

I am mostly done with PS3 in 2021. After the (now reverted) announcement of the store closures I went through the list of games again and bought two Vita titles for a total of eight bucks. They turned out crappy though and I ended up not playing them. However last year in September I bought Danganronpa 1 and 2 for a total of 45 bucks before they got delisted. New releases aside those are pretty much the last two Vita games I'm planning to play.

Grabbed a bunch of dlc and titles from various regions. No regrets, as I want to make sure I own them before they possibly get delisted and since it makes little to no difference buying it now or later, as PS3 titles will never receive a sale again (unless they're PS4 cross-buy titles). Here's what all I picked up:

Ken's Rage 2 - all characters + all missions dlc

The Last Guy - add-on dlc

Moon Diver - all DLC

Persona 4 Ultimax  - Margaret + all BGM dlc (already owned the other two characters)

Renegade Ops - add-on dlc

Blue Toad Murder FIles - chapters 2-6

Frogger Hyper Edition

Mirror's Edge - Time Trials dlc

Rage - The Scorchers dlc

Metal Gear Rising - VR Missions dlc

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - both dlc's

Might & Magic: Clash of Heroes - I Am The boss dlc

Hard Corps Uprising - All dlc

Sonic Unleashed - All dlc

Sega Bass Fishing

Drakengard 3 - Sisters' Prologue bundle

Under Siege

Alien Zombie Megadeath

Cubixx HD

Max & The Magic Marker Gold Edition

Skate 3 - All dlc

Epic Adventures Bundle

• Like 1

I bought a lot of DLC for games I owned so that I can still get 100% in most of those games (see games below).  I also bought some games to complete the series, like Sniper Ghost Warrior 2 and Lost Planet 3.  I have a serious gaming addiction as I actually have way more PS4 games than PS3.  Although, I have had PS+ since its inception from September 2010 until present without lapsing once so I own hundreds of games given out monthly over the years.

DLC purchases:

Dead Space series

Red Dead Redemption

Assassin Creed series

Batman Arkham series

Call of Duty's Zombie mode (Black Ops, Black Ops II, W@W)

Crysis 3

Dead Island series

Dishonored

Enslaved: Odyssey to the West

Mafia II

Max Payne 3

Lost Planet 3

Metro: Last Light

Need for Speed: Most Wanted

Need for Speed: The Run

Need for Speed: Shift 2 Unleashed

Red Faction series

Risen 3

Sacred 3

Saint's Row series

Sleeping Dog

Splinter Cell Blacklist

Spec Ops: The Line

Thief

Tomb Raider

Star Wars The Forced Unleashed II

Sniper Ghost Warrior 2

Just Cause 2

Kane and Lynch 2: Dog Days

Helldivers

InFamous 2

L.A. Noire

Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light

Mass Effect series

Payday: The Heist

Port Royale 3

Remember Me

Sniper Elite V2

South Park: The Truth

SSX

Zombie Driver HD

Warhammer: 40,000 Space Marine

Bulletstorm

Brink

Borderlands series

Bioshock series

Battlefield series

Dark Void

Dead Nation

Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Dragon Age: Origins

F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin

Far Cry 2

I know, I have a real problem.

Edited by Paperclip1776
  • Like 2

What I was able to find in my purchase history. This accounts for everything between the shutdown being a rumor and the Sony announcement that the store is here to stay.

DLC Purchases

BlazBlue: Continuum Shift

• Makoto Nanaya
  • Valkenhayn R. Hellsing
  • Platinum the Trinity

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow

• Resurrection
  • Reverie 

F.E.A.R. 2

• Reborn 
    • (I'm aware this game is unobtainable now, but if the GoneSpy project cracks the server key before PSN goes offline forever I wanted to make sure I'm good to get 100%)

Rocksmith

• Bass Expansion

Final Fantasy XIII-2

• DLC bundle

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2

• Revelations
  • All costumes and upgrades 

Mirror's Edge

• Pure Time Trials Map Pack 

Digital Games

Golden Axe
Mamorukun Curse!
Sonic CD
Sonic the Hedgehog Episode 4 - Part 2
Sonic the Fighters 
Blade Kitten 
Record of Agarest War

Physical Games

Sonic Generations
Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing 
Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2
Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII
God of War Origins Collection 
Record of Agarest War 2
Record of Agarest War Zero
Bejeweled 3
Castlevania Lords of Shadow [UK version]

If I add up the totals from eBay and Amazon for the physical games, add in the prices of the PSN cards for the digital, and take a little off the top for the bit of PS4 stuff I bought, I come to a total of just above $300. Not a small amount, but fortunately no debt was incurred and I also didn't go over budget for March and April since I was able to tighten the belt a bit and pull from other budgets since I didn't need to buy as many non-game items. Don't regret any of the purchases here. I'd actually say I'm glad to have all of it safe and secured and do intend to buy more, though at a slower pace. 

• Like 2