PS3 and Vita store will STAY ONLINE!!

kidson2004

14 hours ago, Maverick6146 said:

I have several Vita games to buy but my credit card was constantly rejected... (Again, very weird issue because it can be used to buy game directly, just not for refilling the wallet)

Anyway, guess i still need to.

Kudos to SONY for making a good decision, once in a while..

Yeah, I can only pay for stuff on the Vita by topping up my wallet (usually on CDKeys as they have some good deals and usually about 15% off too)

I decided to go ahead and buy all the PS3 content I planned on buying anyway, just so I wouldn't have to worry about it down the road.

Included in my purchase were some PS1 classics. It had been a long time since I'd played one of those, and I completely forgot that those games download installer files and not the actual games (and then the games show up on the opposite end of your list once installed). I spent a good 10 minutes thinking "Why the fuck won't these games open, they just keep installing over and over!" Felt kind of dumb afterwards, but good news, the games work fine!

Just a PSA for anyone who suffers from a similar brain fart.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, xh117 said:

Can you send me the link too? Not sure how long my six axis has left lol plus ps4 controllers feel better anyway

I don't know if I am allowed to post the link on the forums, so I'll post you the link in a private message.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sigma999 said:

The question now is when it will actually happen ? 

PSP store closing is still a reality to happen soon as scheduled.

I would guess 2022 or 2023. And next time, I think they'll give an advanced notice of six months or more. Nintendo certainly gave more notice of the Wii Shop closing if I recall correctly. Sony should follow suit and give more of a heads-up.

1 hour ago, GUDGER666 said:

Store sales to to come back to PS3 and Vita? Someone asked on Twitter whether we would get anymore sales, PlayStation replied saying "observe the store :)" 

A LOT of people hope this happens! 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Sigma999 said:

The question now is when it will actually happen ? 

PSP store closing is still a reality to happen soon as scheduled.

3 hours ago, ChiefMichigan said:

I would guess 2022 or 2023. And next time, I think they'll give an advanced notice of six months or more. Nintendo certainly gave more notice of the Wii Shop closing if I recall correctly. Sony should follow suit and give more of a heads-up.

It's a tricky question.  Under normal circumstances where they would announce a closure and stick with it, my instinct tells me that they won't announce a closure again until they are absolutely, 100% sure they are ready to close the stores.  A few weeks ago I would've agreed to a 2022 or 2023 PS3/PS Vita Store closure but now I'm not so sure.  I feel like a reversal like this is too significant to turn around in a year and announce the same closures.  Could be wrong, of course, but my instincts tell me that the PS3 and Vita Stores will remain open through the lifecycle of PS5 (6-7 years or so).  I think closing it down a year or even 2 years out from this mess is just not enough.  

I do agree, though, that once a closure is announced, they will give at least 6 months, my guess is it will be a years notice.

• Like 1

This was suuuper good news, but now I’m  paranoid about this eventually coming down the road again the next couple/few years lol! It still tells me that I need to get my ass in gear with respect to my physical collections. I’ve been pushing off PS3, but I always wait until it’s too late...

52 minutes ago, ADay000 said:

This was suuuper good news, but now I’m  paranoid about this eventually coming down the road again the next couple/few years lol! It still tells me that I need to get my ass in gear with respect to my physical collections. I’ve been pushing off PS3, but I always wait until it’s too late...

You have now much more time for it. So try to focus to do your ps3 and vita stuff

• Like 2