The Euros 2020 (2021) Thread

Glorious Fury

Huge win for England, finally beating a major nation in a international tournament since Argentina at World Cup 2002. Even that was in the group stage, when it comes to knockout stages.....I can't recall beating any top team. 

That Muller miss was a huge moment for us. For all the missed penalties, red cards, phantom goals which should have stood (Campbell V Portugal at Euro 2004) and generally unlucky moments we finally had some luck on our side.

Edited by GloriousFury9414
  • Like 1

The game was played exactly as I thought and England even won. Great stuff. That second goal was an important one as it should boost Kane's confidence as he'll know more than anybody how little he gets of the ball. I was watching with people and remarked "Look, Germany are now even allowing Kane to have a run with the ball", the implication being that if that is happening then Germany is really struggling and then bam, goal from Kane. 

4 hours ago, Vergil said:

English fans at its finest. ?

No country is one of saints. There are always people like that and it means nothing. There is this group of people who want England to lose and if that ain't happening then they start stating that Nationalism is evil (cheering on your country's football team while not being their politics makes you a Nationalist), that English people are racists, that they're this or that. It is a football game. Have some fun. Leave off it for after the tournament. 

Not that I'm directing that towards you, though your own quote implies you might be part of that group of people. Just something I have been seeing from some really joyless and malcontent people online. Online as everyone knows they don't dare say that in RL to people. 

15 minutes ago, Rozalia1 said:

The game was played exactly as I thought and England even won. Great stuff. That second goal was an important one as it should boost Kane's confidence as he'll know more than anybody how little he gets of the ball. I was watching with people and remarked "Look, Germany are now even allowing Kane to have a run with the ball", the implication being that if that is happening then Germany is really struggling and then bam, goal from Kane. 

No country is one of saints. There are always people like that and it means nothing. There is this group of people who want England to lose and if that ain't happening then they start stating that Nationalism is evil (cheering on your country's football team while not being their politics makes you a Nationalist), that English people are racists, that they're this or that. It is a football game. Have some fun. Leave off it for after the tournament. 

Not that I'm directing that towards you, though your own quote implies you might be part of that group of people. Just something I have been seeing from some really joyless and malcontent people online. Online as everyone knows they don't dare say that in RL to people. 

What group? 

Men calling a 10 year old girl c..t is nothing funny!

Edited by Vergil

3 minutes ago, Vergil said:

What group? 

Men calling a 10 year old girl c..t is nothing funny!

Who I said, joyless and malcontent people who due to politics attack England and its fans. Of course it ain't nice that people did that (though I wouldn't put some of these being false flags as these types get off on admonishing others), but what sort of standard is this? There are always these type of nasty folk. Germany has them. France has them. Everyone has them. 

What I'm communicating here is there is no need to post "Look at how horrible England fans are" stuff. It is annoying, pointless, and negative. Let us just enjoy the football. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Vergil said:

Screenshot-20210630-120316.png

English fans at its finest. 1f636.png

Awful. Just awful. No other words to describe it.

When I saw her crying on Live TV I got a bit sad for her despite rooting for England. What annoys me most is the "It's coming home" song being sung by many of the England fan's. What an unnecessary amount of pressure on our young team when we are still in the Quarter-final stage.

19 minutes ago, Rozalia1 said:

Who I said, joyless and malcontent people who due to politics attack England and its fans. Of course it ain't nice that people did that (though I wouldn't put some of these being false flags as these types get off on admonishing others), but what sort of standard is this? There are always these type of nasty folk. Germany has them. France has them. Everyone has them. 

What I'm communicating here is there is no need to post "Look at how horrible England fans are" stuff. It is annoying, pointless, and negative. Let us just enjoy the football. 

Ok . Reason is too many players gotten racially abused this season and this falls in same category. Like last time when Rashford did, he found out that one was actually a teacher for children. Just because you are hiding behind a screen does not mean that you should say anything you want and get away with it.

I mean Imagine if this girl actually see it, the tweets about her. 

17 hours ago, Vergil said:

Ok . Reason is too many players gotten racially abused this season and this falls in same category. Like last time when Rashford did, he found out that one was actually a teacher for children. Just because you are hiding behind a screen does not mean that you should say anything you want and get away with it.

I mean Imagine if this girl actually see it, the tweets about her. 

England has stamped that stuff out at the stadiums and for a long time. Guys saying racist stuff online on those sites can be reported to be banned and are a small minority of people. They are a thing today, yesterday, and tomorrow. It has recently been highlighted because they have a anti-racism campaign going and they need something to juice it up and point to. 

Meanwhile compare this to the rest of the Europe (and oh boy, South America) where you get monkey chants and other stuff, all out in the open, so imagine online. Does any other country go through what England has to on this matter? Does Spain win a game and people go "Hey look, Spanish fans are racist/offensive/stupid/whatever" to try to spoil the mood? Does France win a game and a bunch of people tweet out some screencaps of some French guy being mean as a reason as to why all French fans suck?

It is just so tiresome mate. It is like those people (same people pretty much to those we're talking about here) who keep complaining about fans saying (in fun) "It's coming home". There comes a point where the people complaining about something become far more annoying than whatever it is they complain about. 

• Like 1

Switzerland... What have you done...
Respect for Belgium for fighting until the last minute. Pointless red card :/.

So... My job here is done, all my bets lost. 

C U in WorldCup :]

Edited by Smashero

dunno - denmark beat england 8 months ago at wembley, and theyre getting much better each passing game. i wont be surprised if they end our run next wednesday.

if england do manage to win that, i hope we play spain in the final. they seem beatable at least, at this moment in time. no way england can beat italy.