The Euros 2020 (2021) Thread

Glorious Fury

Terrific performance. Shaw was excellent, been alot of good left/right back performers at this tournament. Shaw, Spinazzola, Maehle, Zinchenko.

Denmark will be tough, but I'd expect a victory against them. Then again Switzerland took out France, so anything is possible. 

Would much rather have Spain in the final if we get to it, as I have a bit of a soft spot for Italy and they are far superior thus far at the tournament. English press has been giving Immobile a lot of stick for his playacting, so hopefully it doesn't come back to bite us. 

Edited by GloriousFury9414

8 hours ago, rockstarjazz said:

dunno - denmark beat england 8 months ago at wembley, and theyre getting much better each passing game. i wont be surprised if they end our run next wednesday.

if england do manage to win that, i hope we play spain in the final. they seem beatable at least, at this moment in time. no way england can beat italy.

We wont beat italy if they spend last 20 minutes goin down faking injurys every minute. It was embaressing against belgium

My wife and I have so enjoyed this year's games.  

We love that we got FuboTV because you can get every single game.  Regular cable didn't have many games.

It's cool to have a wife that loves Football as much as I do.

Her dad was a coach in the US years ago at a high school.  

Looking forward to flying over the pond and seeing more football live in 2022.

We have a number of countries to visit and gamers to meet.

We will hopefully see 2 or 3 football ball games during the trip as well.

• Like 4

England won't get out of the group

-Okay they did but those teams were all crap

England won't beat Germany, a superpower of football

-Okay they did but Germany is crap now so it means nothing

England won't beat Ukraine, they're tougher than you think

-Okay they did but Ukraine is crap

England won't beat Denmark, they're beating all those teams (that I think are crap)

<<< We are here >>>

England I honestly expected myself to have one of those 1-0 performances and while not the most exciting game ultimately, they smashed Ukraine 4-0 and I think have confirmed that they do in fact have a real good shot at winning it this year. Kane having scored against Germany has regained confidence, with this game further boosting it, and with Sancho showing his stuff, an energy and play that England is lacking, plus the fact that the bench for England is great and even better not injured and likely better rested than the other teams... it is looking good.

Italy are expected to beat Spain but we'll see as their style of play might prove effective against the Italians, plus Italy will know that attempts at "Dark Arts" like what was done against Belgium might be a bad move as Spain will simply return in kind. Additionally Spinazzola is irreplaceable for Italy and without him the strength of Italy has diminished. Immobile has thus far not been much of a player and I wouldn't really be concerned by any antics if Italy plays England. Some things you can only do once as it puts attention and heat on yourself and so refs for Italy's remaining games will be mindful of his antics. 

Denmark are not to be looked past of course. They have some good players and can be dangerous. If they have some luck, England doesn't, then as they say, anything can happen in Football. Whatever the case, I'll be pulling for whoever wins between England vs Denmark. I don't like how Spain plays and aren't exactly a fan to start with. Italy were encouraging with this "New Italy" stuff but the Belgium game showed that if given resistance they will revert to type.

• Like 3

On 7/4/2021 at 4:24 PM, Rozalia1 said:

England won't get out of the group

-Okay they did but those teams were all crap

England won't beat Germany, a superpower of football

-Okay they did but Germany is crap now so it means nothing

England won't beat Ukraine, they're tougher than you think

-Okay they did but Ukraine is crap

England won't beat Denmark, they're beating all those teams (that I think are crap)

<<< We are here >>>

England I honestly expected myself to have one of those 1-0 performances and while not the most exciting game ultimately, they smashed Ukraine 4-0 and I think have confirmed that they do in fact have a real good shot at winning it this year. Kane having scored against Germany has regained confidence, with this game further boosting it, and with Sancho showing his stuff, an energy and play that England is lacking, plus the fact that the bench for England is great and even better not injured and likely better rested than the other teams... it is looking good.

Italy are expected to beat Spain but we'll see as their style of play might prove effective against the Italians, plus Italy will know that attempts at "Dark Arts" like what was done against Belgium might be a bad move as Spain will simply return in kind. Additionally Spinazzola is irreplaceable for Italy and without him the strength of Italy has diminished. Immobile has thus far not been much of a player and I wouldn't really be concerned by any antics if Italy plays England. Some things you can only do once as it puts attention and heat on yourself and so refs for Italy's remaining games will be mindful of his antics. 

Denmark are not to be looked past of course. They have some good players and can be dangerous. If they have some luck, England doesn't, then as they say, anything can happen in Football. Whatever the case, I'll be pulling for whoever wins between England vs Denmark. I don't like how Spain plays and aren't exactly a fan to start with. Italy were encouraging with this "New Italy" stuff but the Belgium game showed that if given resistance they will revert to type.

Epic writer.  Nice job.  Really enjoyed the read Rozalia.  Rozalia, you should consider being a sports writer.  Top notch.  

Well, another game unfortunately coming down to a mini-game (penalty kicks).

Very good game overall.  

On a side note, these two countries were my finalists for which country I plan to visit next.  Guess it will be Italy!

Not a very good game in my opinion, with that attitude England is going to crush us in the final. So I hope that Denmark wins tomorrow or that we change attitude, otherwise we are going to lose.

But in the meanwhile I'm so happy, winning at the penalties feels amazing, expecially after the 2016 loss to Germany, it still hurts and I was having flashbacks ?

italy, the first team who kicked off the tournament, are now in the final.

its akin to italy drawn number 1 in the royal rumble, and have made in the last two :)

as for england - well, kasper schmeichel has done some good trashtalking just now, answering a journalist by saying 'has it ever come home? have you ever won it?'

ooohhh hope we kick the danes blonde asses tomorrow lol

Game went as I thought with Spain not making it easy for Italy. What has sunk Spain ultimately is that their strikers are all terrible so all their possession and passing is ultimately meaningless as they have no one there who can convert it into goals at a good rate. Italy aren't I think super competent in that area themselves without Spinazzola and may well struggle to score against England if that is who they meet. Granted, England will likely find it very hard to score against Italy themselves, so it could mean a penalty shootout.

Side note. Loved the mind games from Chiellini before the penalty shootout began. Alba had no idea how to respond to any of what Chiellini was doing. Chiellini you could say instilled confidence in the Italians with his demeanour. Alba by comparison to Chiellini came off as afraid and nervous which may have affected his team.

On 06/07/2021 at 2:04 AM, kfree7 said:

Epic writer.  Nice job.  Really enjoyed the read Rozalia.  Rozalia, you should consider being a sports writer.  Top notch.  

Thanks.

Edited by Rozalia1

This tournament is a farce. UEFA sent England's opponent to fucking Baku on the other continent while England was on vacation in Italy and all their other matches were played in same place. They can't play football against strong opponents so their best player was a referee just like in 1966 final. It was waste of time watching this shit. I hope Italy will fuck them good in the final. 

Edited by PIOTREK27-1982
  • Like 4