The Euros 2020 (2021) Thread

Glorious Fury

I see this is still full of salty people. And most are clueless, most likely just looking for attention or an argument. England could win 20-0 and people will still look for something to complain about. Any other team and nobody would say anything. Like Italy, they are the biggest dirty diving cheats by a mile, but apparently its ok? Denmark score from a dive, no problem..... England do it and its a disgrace lol. I don't care if we lose, we got to the final, we took our fans all the way. How did your team do lately? Stop being jealous. 

• Like 4

After Eriksen situation, I started to dreaming about Denmark winning Euro'21, it would be legendary moment. Luckily, this sport have more retarded reefeeres than NBA and we will see England v Italy. Curious, how many goals will Bobby Charlton score? Probably, Bobby Moore will be enforcer in defense.

(sarcasm btw)

Man, I’m in a quandary…

One the one hand… I have plenty of English friends who follow football, and I want them to be happy…

…on the other hand, my family is Italian...

…and on the third hand, if England do win, UK TV (even here in Scotland) will be unbearable with all the “Spirit of ‘66” shite for decades to come….

?:hmm::dunno:

Diving makes me sick.  It weakens my wife and my enjoyment of the game.  

We have so enjoyed watching these games.  

Need to look at the FuboTV list for the day.  Not sure how but they seem have every game on and we are loving it.

Enjoy your weekend.

The word is crazy, but at least we have football.

Some ppl wish there were us in this chat.

Free.

On 8.07.2021 at 4:24 PM, GloriousFury9414 said:

Wow people here really don't like the England football team!

IMHO it is not even about the team, but about your hoo... I meant supporters: WHY they were "booing" (is that a word?) and trying to disturb the national anthem of an opposite team? 

Yeah, you can throw at them the worst words you know during the game, disrespect them as much as you want, noone will catch that on TV anyway, fine, go ahead if it helps you, but this moment, at the beginning of the game, deserves the highest respect to the "enemy". But you can not even stand that... Shame on you.

That's why Internet made this one:

How the countries voted? Small meme, just below:

dZp1DBW.png

Edited by Smashero

not all england are bad. those booing are probably your xenophobic, anglocentric, right wing, brexit-voting, anti-BLM, wolf-whistling knuckle draggers who have no respect for people outside their own tribes-oops i meant nation. the rest of us are reasonable people who will respect the anthem. :) 

Edited by rockstarjazz
  • Like 1

I want Italy to win, for no other reason than the whole "It's coming home" is getting really tiresome ?

Both teams have been the best so far and deserve to be in the final IMO. I don't think it's fair to criticize England for playing at home though, sure, it's an advantage, but there are many examples of host countries failing in past tournaments. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, rockstarjazz said:

not all england are bad. those booing are probably your xenophobic, anglocentric, right wing, brexit-voting, anti-BLM, wolf-whistling knuckle draggers who have no respect for people outside their own tribes-oops i meant nation. the rest of us are reasonable people who will respect the anthem. :) 

Unfortunately this minority were seen as the "representatives" of England and combined with "not-so-lucky" decisions of the referee we received a really high-explosive mix in the final...

Oh well... I really believe that it will be a really good show, a game, that final deserves -> Despite who will win. The better always wins anyway :]

There are fans from every nation that spoil it for the majority

Every team have players that dive, in fact, lets take a moment to remember Ciro Immobile in the Italy vs Belgium match shall we

Ultimately England were the better side on Wednesday, however you want to look at it they were the better side and deserved the win.

• Like 3

It was a very cheap way for England to win but I find it funny how people are cheering for Italy like they always show great sportsmanship and Immobile didn't do one of the worst bits of playacting you'll ever see trying to win a penalty just a week ago

The problem many are having is not necessarily the dive and that England won. They were better no doubt but what everybody hates with every cell of their body is the fans and how they represent that team which is not condemning any behavior by the way.

Booing every single action including anthems of other nations, acting like wild animals, using a fucking laser pointer, making fun of a child and calling it a bitch etc.

These fans are a disgrace to football and this is why everyone wants Italy to win, so they finally shut up.

• Like 4

That was a controversial penalty, some referees may award it, others won't. In my opinion that was hardly a penalty.

If you think that can't be worse take corruptbol (I mean conmebol) for instance. Before VAR they always favored the big names (Argentina and Brazil) in detriment of the other countries. I remember a qualifier match between Argentina and my country Peru for South Africa World Cup. I think Argentina was the host, they were either outside the qualifying zone or in the intercontinental play off match before the match. Their next match (the last one of the qualifiers) was away against Uruguay. Argentina and Peru were drawing the match and some time before the match ended, Martin Palermo score the winning goal in a clear offside, their coach (Maradona) dove like a penguin to celebrate it. They went on to defeat Uruguay to get a direct ticket in the following match.

VAR has changed some things but not too much, now it depends on the referee and his collaborators to either provide justice or screw the decision even more. For example the 2019 Copa America held in Brazil, saw Argentina not being awarded a clear penalty in their match (semifinal) against the host. 

Another example is the qualifier for Qatar between Peru (host) and Brazil held in March. Corruptbol opted for the worst choice they could do, a Chilean referee when Chile and Peru have an historic rivalry due to a war between them in the 19th century. Now VAR was a joke that night. Peru was leading the score twice only for the referee to award two non-existant penalties to Brazil thanks to their best Hollywood actor neymar, there was even no contact in the second penalty. I don't know if that referee did that on purpose because of hate or because he was simply a piece of gargabe of a referee. Either way Brazil got an not-deserved 4 -2 win that day. Peru played great that night until the moment the referee in collusion  with that brazilian drama queen decided to screw us. The worst case scenario for us was to draw the match but we ended empty-handed thanks to corruptbol for assigning that referee and that brazilian waste of a player for his shenanigans (why playing dirty if you have a lot of talent?). We have gotten chilean referees in determing matches against the brazilians lately, that's no coincidence for sure.

I won't be surprised if tomorrow Argentina is not awarded a clear penalty against the brazilians. Copa america and corruptbol has become a joke since it looks like the cup already has a name written on it. Hopefully the Eurocup final won't have any issues.

Edited by Deceptrox

I feel like there’s a lot of wilful ignorance going on in the thread. England fans are no saints, but ask Mario Balotelli about the treatment he gets from Italian fans. Football fans can be a toxic bunch. But the teams themselves are doing a much better job of trying to stamp this stuff out than past teams have.

Even talking about the last match, the Danish defence moved their wall to block Pickford’s view just before the ball was kicked, with the whole free kick brought on by a foul that was dodgy in itself. It’s fair to complain about how the match went, but to claim ref bias or act as if diving is exclusive to Sterling is just silliness. I expect us to lose on Sunday, but the achievement of getting to the final is great in itself, especially against a team like Italy. I’m sure this thread will turn into a shitshow either way, but I wish luck to Italy and hope for a great game. This Euros has been one to remember. ?

• Like 3

gosh the media hype is so intense i had to switch off from news and tv altogether! even outside, flags are everywhere. even the fkn queen is in on it now.

feels like the whole country is counting down until we blast off to planet mars or something.

i'll be glad when this is over win lose or draw. no more football after this for a month thank god