Good "souls like" games

BloddyNocturne

So i have played all souls games in ps4 (looking forward to Demon souls remastered in ps4) and i am in need for some soulslike i have played some like Nioh, Code vein, Salt and Sanctuary and i like them a lot, i also played some that i did not enjoyed much like Fallen order and Mortal shell.

So im asking recommendations in games souls like games since im running a little short, also since Lords of the Fallen is in offer i was planning to check that out.

So, pleased to hear your recommendations.

BloddyNocturne.png

Edited by BloddyNocturne
  • Like 1

Lord's of the Fallen is my recommendation.  I personally think is it better than Dark Souls 1.  I thoroughly enjoyed my playthrough and believe it to be very underrated.

I didn't see Sekiro in your OP.  Maybe you overlooked it

Ya, The Surge is the first thing that came to mind, unfortunately you missed a sale on the game + DLC bundle on the NA PSN store for $6 by about a week. It will probably come back around again at some point. I got the "complete" bundle before they added the Cowboy DLC to the game so I don't know how good it is, but the Amusement Park DLC area was excellent.

• Like 1

you can tell who didnt bother to check your trophy collection lol.

games not on your profile id suggest is nioh 2 and death's gambit (2d like S&S), the surge 1 and 2. there is also a game coming out soon called scarlet nexus that might be uo your alley too.

Edited by EightBitArtist
  • Like 1

I think most of them have been mentioned already, definitely The Surge and The Surge 2. I also liked Ashen a lot. It's pretty indie but it was a solid soulslike. Death's Gambit was a very good 2d soulslike similar to Salt & Sanctuary.

I know Immortal Unchained is a shooter soulslike, like Remnant From the Ashes but I haven't tried it. Let It Die was interesting but I didn't really like the free to play aspect of it. Hellpoint also seemed interesting but haven't played it. Those are honestly all I can think of.

Edited by Pokedude97

31 minutes ago, Guardian_owl said:

I got the "complete" bundle before they added the Cowboy DLC to the game so I don't know how good it is, but the Amusement Park DLC area was excellent.

‘The Good, The Bad and The Augmented’ was the cowboy themed dlc - happy to report, it is great too! ?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

‘The Good, The Bad and The Augmented’ was the cowboy themed dlc - happy to report, it is great too! 1f44d.png

Agreed, I really loved this DLC. I played it right before Surge 2 came out since I missed it somehow after the Amusement Park.

• Like 1

people will mostly say the surge 1 and 2 and I will say surge 1 is good but 2 is just annoying as for other games, you could go for chronos before the ashes or even immortal unchained or code vain. Last game that comes to my mind for souls like is mortal shell as well

Edited by Lonemankane
  • Like 1

You might wanna check out Chronos: Before the Ashes which is a prequel to Remnant: From the Ashes but it has classic melee combat

I was very disappointed in Death's Gambit, it just

felt stiff and no fun, but there is a huge update coming for it so you might wanna wait for that

30 minutes ago, EightBitArtist said:

you can tell who didnt bother to check your trophy collection lol.

games not on your profile id suggest is nioh 2 and death's gambit (2d like S&S), the surge 1 and 2. there is also a game coming out soon called scarlet nexus that might be uo your alley too.

Seeing that people recommend me bb and sekiro i can see that lol

PD: thank you all for the recommendations, ill be checking them 

My buddy and I just finished Remnant of the Ashes and it was absolutely fantastic. It’s the typical souls formula, but based around guns and 3 man co-op (if you so choose), and has a rogue lite element to it where the world and your campaign is procedurally generated. This makes for amazing replayability, especially with Adventure Mode, as it’s impossible to fight all the many bosses or get anywhere near all the weapons, armor, traits, weapon mods etc. just playing through the campaign once. 

1 hour ago, Lonemankane said:

surge 1 is good but 2 is just annoying

7 minutes ago, Akrioz said:

Surge 2 is probably the best one you didn't play yet.

Uh oh, opposing opinions. Guess I'll have to push The Surge 2 up my queue and see for myself.

5 minutes ago, Golden Devil Gamer said:

The Surge series is definitely worth checking out, especially the second game. Lords of the Fallen wasn't very good imo. Although I despised it, it seems like some people actually like it, so maybe you could give it a try. 

i get that i despised Mortal shell while i have seen people who like it, since the complete edition of Lords of the Fallen is 6$ might as well give it a shot

6 minutes ago, ziggypossum said:

Hollow Knight

If you liked Sault & Sanctuary, give it a try.

T6o1JYr.gif

Already played it was a GREAT game, i really dont see it as a soulslike though

4 hours ago, Pokedude97 said:

I know Immortal Unchained is a shooter soulslike, like Remnant From the Ashes but I haven't tried it.

Yeah... don't try it. It's bad. It was somewhat fun at times, but it really isn't a great game and I definitely would not recommend it. 

(Also Remnant and Hollow Knight being labeled as "Soulslikes".. wtf? ?)

I found Death's Gambit fun enough that I co-wrote a guide for the game. It's a harder game than shown by its rarity though, only that previous versions of the game had a dev room that allowed people to just cheat all trophies. Doing some of the bosses on Heroic legit can be pretty tough, and the game offers some good build variety. Definitely a game that can be recommended if you like the artstyle and enjoy 2D-games. 

Also, you played Nioh. If you enjoyed it.. Nioh 2 is the even better game.