RoboCop: Rogue City [November 9, 2023]

ziggypossum

1 hour ago, Thourio said:

I seriously hope this is not an FPS. RoboCop as a game should strictly be a third person shooter like Gears Of War.

I fully agree with you

1 hour ago, kenseizenkai said:

Made by Teyon, the same guys who made Terminator: Resistance, so maybe we'll get a new RoboCop vs. Terminator game in the near future! Here's hoping 1f64f.png!

Why not, they have already met in the comics

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kenseizenkai said:

maybe we'll get a new RoboCop vs. Terminator game in the near future! Here's hoping 1f64f.png!

Oh, man, Robocop vs. Terminator was one of my favourite games from the Sega Mega Drive II era! A 16-bit masterpiece, so atmospheric, and the soundtrack had an excellent tunes!

• Like 1

I was watching Nacon Connect to see Test Drive Unlimited Solar Crown, but when this came on immediately afterwards I was totally caught off guard, like WHAT!?

The first film is one of my favourites and I think this has some strong potential, but of course that remains to be seen - looking forward to it regardless!

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
10 minutes ago, ziggypossum said:

JUNE 2023

I thought this was just a normal travel brochure for Detroit or Chicago for a minute. Looks pretty accurate.

On the gameplay side of things, the enemy AI looks hilariously stupid. Just the typical guys shooting back at you in full-auto while vaguely standing behind a fixed set piece that serves as cover.

If an A.I. would have to generate an action game, I'd imagine this would be what would come out. With that said, that could be a lot of fun.

I got the Plat in Terminator: Resistance a couple weeks ago (and playing the DLC now). It's a very dated feeling game, it feels like a Gen 7 FPS. But I'll be damned if you couldn't tell that the devs absolutely loved the IP. The story was fantastic and the gameplay, while dated was still fun. It was everything Terminator: Salvation (the movie) should have been. It's the Terminator 3 we've been waiting for, and that alone I give Teyon all the praise in the world for.

So I have some faith now that these guys are at least going to make a game that adds to the Robocop lore, rather than just something that was there to make some money off of the IP. Even if this ends up the same way as T:R, feeling a little dated...maybe we can put a positive spin on it and these guys can be the devs that give us that niche of straight forward Gen 7 FPS games in the modern era. Where it's more about the IP being fleshed out rather than trying to reinvent the wheel with its gameplay. 

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
27 minutes ago, ziggypossum said:

Coming September 2023

I wish this was 3rd person, maybe it will still be good, but with an iconic character like Robo, sure would have been nice to actually see him.

Any game could be like this, but only the copyrighted games can properly use Robo like this, yet we're only gonna see him in cutscenes I guess and puddle reflections ;(

Edited by Optinooby
  • Like 1