Do You Hope Themes Come to PS5??

PhantomFear94

Do You Want Themes to Come to PS5?  

303 members have voted

1. 1. Do You Want Themes To Come to PS5?

• Yes
    • No
    • I Don't Care

I sure miss Themes! I'm the kind of person that loves to customize my stuff, and the Ps4 themes made me feel like that Ps4 as my very own PS4. Same goes with the Ps3, i loved to mess around with a Custom Theme maker and make a theme for whatever i was liking at the time.

I do seems like  Themes could be a bit "Useless", as now you hover over a game and it shows a Full screen splash art, completly covering whatever is in the background ( Currently, the Default Ps5 background ). But, maybe in the future the UI will be a bit more customizable, allowing for the User to decide if they want a more Ps4 approach to the Home screen or keep the Ps5 way.

I've yet to get a PS5 but do hope they bring themes back. Most of what I have read about the 5's UI seems to be largely negative, especially how trophies are shown when looking at a list.

Sadly,, I doubt Sony will bring them back if they can't even be bothered to add back the ability of alphabeticaly listing trophies on the 4 and 5.

• 2 years later...

Yes, its nice to customize how the system ui looks to some extent, at first it felt really weird but now i got used to the screen changing background based on the game and sometimes, your progress in it so its not like im desperate about it.

On PS4 i used the Horizon ZD Plat theme for a long time and when i first saw the FF VIIR Tifa theme immediately changed to it and to this day its set on my console.

Edited by mephisto3dg

I'd like them back. I also wish Nintendo would bring them to Switch since they were on 3DS.

Ideally, themes would be customizable as well from files and maybe even screenshots. Realistically, they'd probably go the PS4 route and make you pick from some free but mostly paid themes. 

I don't know...

I used to love the themes that I got in the past on my PS3 when I played Final Fantasy 13.

It was something unique and fun.

But on the other hand, how long do I actually stare at the main screen?

Step 1: Turn on PS5

Step 2: Pick Game

Step 3: Have fun.

Step 4: Close Game.

Step 5: Turn off PS5

Browsing PS Store, I do that on my tablet.

And downloading games is usually done in a couple minutes.
So, on a normal day... I might look at the menu screen for about 5 seconds?

So, I'd rather that Sony spends time on actual useful stuff than these kind of things.

But, that is just my personal opinion. :)

Edited by Justt--JD--

Personally I think the PS5 UI is beautiful and doesn’t need themes. It also wouldn’t work well with the way game art is shown. They need to bring back the ability to easily buy avatars though

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

It seems they did away with themes as PS5 has a much larger focus on the individual game art and making sure players see the news, activities, and especially the storefront and buyable add-ons that accompanies the product page. But still… I think bringing back themes would be a wonderful update that most people would appreciate. I spend a lot of time on my PlayStation and so I’ve always really enjoyed customizing the home space and organizing my games into tidy folders and whatnot.

One of the very few things I dislike about the PlayStation 5 is how it’s moved away from these types of features. I miss game folders and the organized XMB of the PS4, and I really miss the PS3’s ability to download themes from the internet. I used to visit a lot of those sites that had thousands of free themes and download new ones regularly, or make my own.