Do You Hope Themes Come to PS5??

PhantomFear94

Do You Want Themes to Come to PS5?  

303 members have voted

1. 1. Do You Want Themes To Come to PS5?

• Yes
    • No
    • I Don't Care

If they come, great...if they don't fine. 

The main thing I want (that no one else likely cares about) is a the return of the media player...but to have more codecs supported than the PS4 (namely x265 files and padding out the audio codecs more). This is the only reason I can't retire my PS4 Pro yet. I have an external HDD full of movies I can't watch because most of them don't work on the PS5, and even the ones that do are on a very rudimentary file viewer. Never liked that Sony got away from the PlayStation being an all-in-one media machine like the PS3 was...it should have kept improving as the tech got better, 

• Like 1

I don't think themes would suit the PS5 UI. I love the crisp, clean presentation of the PS5 so I wouldn't want to start messing that up with themes. I don't see how you could really implement them on PS5 without changing some things around, so it's not something I want.

Yea I hate not having themes on my PS5, every time I boot up the ole' PS4 Pro I get a sweet Last of Us II theme of Ellie playing the guitar. Sony is missing out on potential revenue by not having themes for sale on the PS5 which is kinda surprising to me. I Hope they add them at some point, but I'm not holding my breathe on that though. 

2 hours ago, The Alchemist said:

I don't think themes would suit the PS5 UI. I love the crisp, clean presentation of the PS5 so I wouldn't want to start messing that up with themes. I don't see how you could really implement them on PS5 without changing some things around, so it's not something I want.

In that case, minimalistic themes like the Rectangular or Flow would work well imo

I want custom backgrounds as I usually make my own with my psn name attached. Otherwise I never pay for themes and rarely use free ones.

20 hours ago, DrBloodmoney said:

The biggest issue I still have with the UI isn't themes - it is the lack of folders -

that's one feature I really miss from the PS4 UI, as I had specific folders going for 'In Progress' 'Unstarted Indie', 'Unstarted Big Games', 'Complete but saving for DLC', 'Complete but saving cause awesome' etc...

Same. I searched so long a month ago for a folders option. I couldn’t believe they left such a simple feature out on day one. It was great if you have multiple Jackbox games. It’s annoying having them clutter your main screen lol.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dangisuckatgamin said:

Same. I searched so long a month ago for a folders option. I couldn’t believe they left such a simple feature out on day one. It was great if you have multiple Jackbox games. It’s annoying having them clutter your main screen lol.

I suspect it will get patched in eventually - probably concurrent with whatever extended storage options they implement - If I remember right, I don't think folders were a feature on PS4 at the beginning either, so hopefully PS5 will be on same path

• Like 1

I don't spend enough time idling on the home screen to care about themes.

20 hours ago, The Alchemist said:

I love the crisp, clean presentation of the PS5

Maybe I'm in the minority here, but I really dislike the PS5 interface.

• Like 1

The themes were so enjoyable for me. I loved finding the perfect one to reflect my mood or a season or holiday. I loved immersing myself in my favorite games even more. I loved having a fun way to express my style. 

I was so so disappointed when I booted it up for the first time and it had absolutely zero personality whatsoever. I hate the interface. 

22 hours ago, DrBloodmoney said:

The biggest issue I still have with the UI isn't themes - it is the lack of folders -

that's one feature I really miss from the PS4 UI, as I had specific folders going for 'In Progress' 'Unstarted Indie', 'Unstarted Big Games', 'Complete but saving for DLC', 'Complete but saving cause awesome' etc...

Having no folders is a problem, I have too many games to even remember what I haven't played. We didn't have them from the beginning of PS4's life but now I'm lost without them.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Z1MZUM said:

Xbox has screenshots as themes/Backgrounds, Can't we at least have this? 

Funnily enough, you can actually have one of 8-10 dynamic backgrounds now as well on Xbox (just Series X|S, I think). It's not on the level of themes, but its a nice feature.

Edited by PhantomFear94

On 7/22/2021 at 6:44 AM, Helyx said:

Maybe I'm in the minority here, but I really dislike the PS5 interface.

I don't know, I've heard a lot of people say they don't like one thing or another about the UI. Personally I love it and there's very little I'd change. Of course there are some features I would like to see added, and I'm sure they will be eventually in future updates, but as it stands the UI is great in my opinion and needs very little tweaking.