Horizon Forbidden West delayed until 2022

kidson2004

8 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

No probs - do what you gotta do to make it the game it should be.

10 years later,  no-one remembers a delay, but they sure as hell remember a half-cooked game.

that worries me with dead island 2, being delayed many times and i hope this game is great when it came out. i rather have games come out great after a delay than release them broken. 

Personally, it does not bother me that this game is getting pushed back into next year. I would rather see them take their time with the game and ensure that we get to enjoy the best version of Horizon: Forbidden West next year for both the PS4 and PS5 instead of a possibly inferior version that might suffer from issues (looking at you, Cyberpunk 2077).

Besides, this thankfully gives me some more time to slowly chip away at my backlog of games for the PS3 and PS4 along with a bigger timeframe to focus on other upcoming PS5 games (Kena: Bridge of Spirits, Ghost of Tsushima: Director's Cut, and Death Stranding: Director's Cut).

14 hours ago, ExHaseo said:

I already thought it was coming 2022.

They never promised a concrete release date. One Playstation ad said the game was "expected" to come out in the second half of 2021, and Hermen Hulst said in one interview they "think they're on track for holiday 2021". It's more like an internal delay at the studio. They probably didn't reveal a date specifically for the purpose of not having real delays like Naughty Dog did with TLOU2.

But Schreier couldn't stay away from stroking his ego for one second and saying "Look! I was right about all the delays!". If someone is unaware that Forbidden West didn't have a date and reads this tweet, they'll think the delay was real, because Jason made it look this way. There is a part in the article where he mentions Hulst's words, but many people won't see them because their free views on the site expired.

On 7/31/2021 at 5:09 AM, EverythingOnFire said:

Sylens was the best/most interesting character in the game as far as I'm concerned. Hopefully he'll have plenty of appearances in the sequel. Dude even deserves his own expansion.

yeah i liked him in fringe, and his appearance in lost  was so memorable, nearly every time he was in it, it was memorable for a different reason, he's been in many things, he was at his best in this though.

Edited by MatThaRiPP3R84
  • Like 1

On 2021-07-30 at 9:09 PM, EverythingOnFire said:

Sylens was the best/most interesting character in the game as far as I'm concerned. Hopefully he'll have plenty of appearances in the sequel. Dude even deserves his own expansion.

Sylens was very interesting. But I can’t help always seeing him as my boy Cedric Daniels from The Wire, even despite the blue wires protruding from his head and chin.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MatThaRiPP3R84 said:

yeah i liked him in fringe, and his appearance in lost  was so memorable, nearly every time he was in it, it was memorable for a different reason, he's been in many things, he was at his best in this though.

Fringe is a favorite of mine, and how I got turned onto him in the first place. Great show, even if it did get a bit dumb here and there.

Thanks for sharing that vid! It was awesome. I'd never seen it, and probably wouldn't have otherwise.

3 hours ago, dieselmanchild said:

Sylens was very interesting. But I can’t help always seeing him as my boy Cedric Daniels from The Wire, even despite the blue wires protruding from his head and chin.

I appreciate his character in the game, and I'm happy that he got the job, but yeah, these actors with their own physical appearances in games can be distracting and take you out of the experience. Even when it's voice-only; someone with a very recognizable voice like Lance Reddick, Nolan North, Phil LaMarr, etc. 

1 hour ago, EverythingOnFire said:

I appreciate his character in the game, and I'm happy that he got the job, but yeah, these actors with their own physical appearances in games can be distracting and take you out of the experience. Even when it's voice-only; someone with a very recognizable voice like Lance Reddick, Nolan North, Phil LaMarr, etc. 

It can definitely be distracting when you’ve come to associate an actor with a particular character and suddenly see them in your video game! But luckily I don’t usually find it too distracting, at least not to the point where it ruins the experience, as most of the time these actors are really fantastic at their jobs and they really do a good job playing their characters. It’s not much different than seeing really familiar actors across many different TV shows/movies. There’s a bit of an adjustment at first but after awhile their performance becomes really convincing.

I just finished Dead Space a few days ago and I had this same experience during the opening scene. I recognized Peter Mensah as captain Hammond right away and all I could see was Oenamaus from Spartacus. Throughout the entire game I kept waiting for him to pull out his whip and start whipping the Necromorphs into top gladiator form. ?

OZhEmXh.jpg

• Like 1