Fall/Winter 2021/2022 Backlog Challenge

1 hour ago, ladynadiad said:

It's affected by input lag on every version to some degree, but something that also doesn't help is that it changes the speed as you get more successful jumps.  A lot of PC players also resorted to the script that remote play uses.  I fully admit to caving and using the script as well on the PC version and that trophy is exactly why I'm not buying it on PSN.  Don't want to deal with the hassle.

13 minutes ago, Heather342 said:

That double step rhythm between 200-300 is so hard. I miscalculated my jump total when I got to 294, but I think if I'd got past 300 I could have done it. I never watched the screen when I was doing it, just headphones on, no game music and just going solely based off the sound (also pacing around my living room as I was doing it because it helped me keep the timing 1f605.png). But I only ever reached that pb once, after that I kept failing at around 220-230, and that's when I did the script. 

I honestly don't think there is any harm in using that remote play script for that trophy. It's kind of a ridiculous almost troll-worthy trophy really that's also impacted by the input lag @ladynadiadmentioned. I will likely do it with the help of the script when I get around to FF9 I reckon. But that being said - props if you manage to do it without the script @Heather342!

13 hours ago, GrantVernonHart said:

I can't give rep points because only 10 rep points per day. I wish i could give you guys rep points for every post/replied.

See you in less 24 hours ??

I'm having this trouble too @GrantVernonHart ? so many more faces in this challenge, so little rep points available. I'm having to prioritise posts where more time has been spent on the update and content first, then move on to the other lovely folks with anything left over. Sorry if I missed anyone so far, rep points are like gold dust in this challenge!

Edited by Crispy_Oglop
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Crispy_Oglop said:

I honestly don't think there is any harm in using that remote play script for that trophy. It's kind of a ridiculous almost troll-worthy trophy really that's also impacted by the input lag @ladynadiadmentioned. I will likely do it with the help of the script when I get around to FF9 I reckon. But that being said - props if you manage to do it without the script @Heather342!

I'm having this trouble too @GrantVernonHart 1f602.png so many more faces in this challenge, so little rep points available. I'm having to prioritise posts where more time has been spent on the update and content first, then move on to the other lovely folks with anything left over. Sorry if I missed anyone so far, rep points are like gold dust in this challenge!

I gave it a damn good try, and I really did want to do it legitimately, but after so long the rage and frustration won out and that's when I used the script. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, YaManSmevz said:

OH THE DREAD1f62b.png

I have an alternate save file where Vivi's right by the girls, I need to keep going to it regularly. I've heard that about the lag too! Sheesh... when I played this on PS1, I tried it and was like "Fuck this! Why would I subject myself to this silliness, it's not like there's some sort of achievement tracker that will hold me accountable for doing this stupid shit!"

Twenty years later, seems my luck ran out1f606.png

You can go back to the skipping rope in 'Disc 3' of the game progress. They move to the bell tower and they stay there pretty much for that whole section of the game. The camera is front facing there, so it's a bit easier to see the jumps if you're watching it. But after a while, you're better off going by sound as it jumps so fast you can't really keep up ?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, gruffiiti said:

Completed my first game last night co-op with @Spacey Dweeb. Pretty decent game and made us both scratch our heads at times trying to figure out how to solve the puzzles thrown at us. I'd recommend it but going in blind is a must. Also making some decent progress in South Park: The Stick of Truth and will likely continue on with that this week/weekend.

I knew what was going on the whole time. I was just scratching my head trying to think how to explain to @gruffiiti's Neanderthal brain that square pegs don't fit in round holes. 

16 hours ago, DJ__Beatroot said:

Progress update:

Played Late Shift and finished it - needed a game to make me feel good after the hell of Erica.  Might need to look at a guide for this one, as I don't think I can handle a 7th playthough. :rolleyes:

1. Black the Fall :platinum:
2. Late Shift :platinum:
3. Erica 0-->78%
4. Inside 0%
5. Oxenfree 0%

6. The Bunker 0-->2%

I'll second this. Possibly the most dull game I've played. Slow as anything!!

On a side note does anyone have Worms Battlegrounds they could help me knock out the online trophies swiftly? Cheers

• Like 3

On 9/8/2021 at 3:14 AM, Hisuiryu said:

Just a quick one to make a swap - itching to play something PS5-y but not sure I'm still interested in Maneater... and with the Alan Wake remaster announced seems like a good time to give Control a go!

• Maneater (PS5) - 0% → Control (PS5) - 0%

Swaps used: 1/5

Maneater on PS has been buggy since DLC release with man people unable to unlock some or most of the trophies, including myself in the base game.  Might ask to see if it won't count as a swap since you might be like me and can't complete it.   I too will likely swap it with Control as I had snagged the ultimate edition from a giveaway before the end of August.