Fall/Winter 2021/2022 Backlog Challenge

13 hours ago, freddie1989 said:

Good to hear your thoughts on AOM. I thought the concept was quite good but the repetition drove me insane. Every mission just had a Legion lair to do again and again. Then the idea of online contracts with no online play was absurd and that one trophy made me dislike it myself.

Snap! I feel like we had a pretty similar experience with the game by the sounds of it....

I really liked it to begin with myself - and then I quickly realised the whole game amounts to exactly the same thing, as you said - legion lairs until the cows come home. Then it started to really infuriate me as the further I got into it nothing changed, and then despite attempting to start the online contracts right at the start - I still had to actively play the game for about another three or four days until I'd gotten all fifteen of the contracts, or more in my case. 

Still - we've done it now..... So unless the game starts to haunt our dreams or something equally awful - or they make Agents of Mayhem 2 (could you imagine?) :facepalm:....... Then we never have to worry about it ever again

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Heather342 said:

.Ghost of Tsushima - just continuing to chip away at the multiplayer mode. Only 1 trophy here, I got my first character class to rank 20.

That's something I've been meaning to get to myself - it's still fun, and the concept is dope, but that grind is pretty harsh!

Seems you've got a healthy schedule going with it though, should make (relatively) quick work of it!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Eyerule789 said:

5) World of Final Fantasy (PS4) - 4% - Not too sure how to feel about this game yet. I love final fantasy games, but this one might not be for me. I'll see if I can grind it out and just skip the story cutscenes, but this might be up for swapping in my next update.

I finished this game recently, and even though it's not your standard Final Fantasy game I actually found it really enjoyable and the story was actually pretty good. I'd say stick with it, although the end game tasks are a bit grindy ?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DTFds said:

Time for my first update aswell!

Took me some time because Skyrim took way longer then expected and I had to take a little break after that.

Watch Dogs (1/11) is done! Super fun, just some trophies are a bite grindy. Thankfully "Social Lubricant" was patched and is now way easier. Still took me like 1 1/2 hours because you have to sober up every time. The 40 Fixer Contracts for "End of Line" also took quite a while. The story still was very fun and the MP trophies were surprisingly fun and easy as well. Took some time to get tailed for "Traced" but it wasn't that bad. I may try 100% in the future but I have enough Watch Dogs for now.

Next up: I don't know yet. A PS3 game 100%, either Sly 3 or Lollipop Chainsaw. Not sure yet

watch dogs its good game but ubisoft make false promises and downgrade everything in final release. ubisoft bad habits ?

For Sly or Lollipop chainshaw I'd prefer sly because it's slightly better than Lollipop chainshaw depends on people perspective but in my perspective gameplay or story is which takes precedence than graphics

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, GrantVernonHart said:

watch dogs its good game but ubisoft make false promises and downgrade everything in final release. ubisoft bad habits 1f644.png

For Sly or Lollipop chainshaw I'd prefer sly because it's slightly better than Lollipop chainshaw depends on people perspective but in my perspective gameplay or story is which takes precedence than graphics

Yea, the downgrades were really bad. Videos like this are quite shocking, almost like false advertisement. :lol: I think many people changed their minds in regards to preordering after WD1's release.

And for Sly vs Lollipop chainsaw, i think I will go for Sly 3 before LC, its a bit quicker and I want to finish the trilogy first. I love LC tho, played way back in the day. Was quite fun. I hope its still this fun like 7 years later. :D

• Like 2