Motivation Needed

BlueFireReaper

Now just to be clear, this is not just for me but for anyone else experiencing this problem, however I will be speaking in first person.

While I have been trophy hunting for nearly one half of a year, it has bothered me that I have a ton of games with a low percentage and a F or E rank. I have been wanting to do these games, but the problem is that I seem to have no motivation to do these... most likely because I have already beaten them before (With the only exception being AC 2, which I have platinumed twice).

So I wish not just for myself, but for anyone experiencing this problem myself. In the meantime, I might as well play I game that I have hardly any trophies that I haven't played in a while alongside Borderlands 2.

While I worked for Sony I aquired a lot of free games and now that I no longer have a steady game supply coming in I have decided to buckle down and defeat my backlog :D. I actually have vowed not to buy any more games until I have made a serious dent in it and while I have broken that rule a couple of times for the most part I have stuck to it (although Bioshock Infinite calls out to me like a Siren :()

• Like 1

You just have to play one and go along with it. That's how I've done some of mine anyway. Though I have given up on a couple myself due to difficulty spikes and requirements for challenges. But those outnumber the ones I've done.

I have tons of games like that ! On my new account i only have a few thank god ! :) 

The thing with me is that i keep telling myself that i'll do them eventually or at least get most of the trophies and while i do some of them , others i don't 

it's mainly because i'm pretty much constantly getting new games and i have a limited amount of time for gaming 

my advice ? would be too start and finish 1 while your playing another game that way it won't feel like such a chore 

• Like 1

I dont understand this....unless you have a shitload of games to play...like I do...I have a lot of F and E rank in my profile but its just because I was testing to see if the full game unlock worked lol....and mainly because I have a shitload of games to play that feels like it'll never end.But I ain't leaving no F and E ranks in my profile lol.

You just have to start them already and then it'll come that wish of keep playing them and get them out of the way once and for all.

If you really do want to go for it, try doing what I do-

1. for a period of time, only allow yorself to add 1 new game to the list for every 2 new 100%s.

2. Try to always have 2 games on the go at one time, an easier one and a hard one, or a long one and a short one, etc.

3. If you have a vita, use it to keep your place in the leaderboards as you try to finish a hard ps3 game or vice verca. Eg. When doing my TheLast of Us platinum I knew it would take a while and I would have long stretches where I earned no trophies, so I played a couple of my easier vita games (Lego puzzlers for example) to ensure a steady stream of trophies to avoid slipping down the leaderboards.

4. Don't burn out. If a game is driving you nuts, take a break. Its meant to be fun :)

5. If its an extremely fast, skill based game, say a Shatter/ Resogun/ Big Sky etc. Take a lot of breaks to eat/ fuck etc. You will more likely get through that tough section first time in a new session than 50th time when you are angry!

• Like 1

Or just don't care? Gaming is about having fun - I admit that some games cause an itch at the back of my head and I just have to try and get them done - but if you don't enjoy the game then I have no idea why you would even bother to endure it, just to get a few extra trophies and have a completed list - people make mistakes #DealWithIt

If you really do want to go for it, try doing what I do-

1. for a period of time, only allow yorself to add 1 new game to the list for every 2 new 100%s.

2. Try to always have 2 games on the go at one time, an easier one and a hard one, or a long one and a short one, etc.

3. If you have a vita, use it to keep your place in the leaderboards as you try to finish a hard ps3 game or vice verca. Eg. When doing my TheLast of Us platinum I knew it would take a while and I would have long stretches where I earned no trophies, so I played a couple of my easier vita games (Lego puzzlers for example) to ensure a steady stream of trophies to avoid slipping down the leaderboards.

4. Don't burn out. If a game is driving you nuts, take a break. Its meant to be fun :)

5. If its an extremely fast, skill based game, say a Shatter/ Resogun/ Big Sky etc. Take a lot of breaks to eat/ fuck etc. You will more likely get through that tough section first time in a new session than 50th time when you are angry!

I have absolutely no need for motivation and I use the first three points religiously. I would use the fourth and fifth, but I find that I do better with repetition no matter how frustrated I've become. That and the fact that I can't let it go until finished said trophy/challenge/whatever. It drives me nuts to leave something like that unfinished. :S

You could always hide your shit like other people have said. It isn't for me, but to each his own.

“The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly; it is dearness only that gives everything its value." - Thomas Paine

Motivation comes from within, you have the ability to simply hide what you feel you may never get around to, as some of the previous users have stated. Or you can set a goal and aim for that. Nothing is truly impossible, all you need is the time and patience to achieve what you've set your mind to.

I'd advise you to never be intimidated by any trophy description, if it seems difficult. Look up a guide, study it, take your ideas from that and work around it. And always remember to take breaks, you don't need to speed run into every situation and earn every trophy within one day.

Edited by BlueValor
  • Like 1