Online Servers officially announced permanently closed.

JamieCon20

7 hours ago, squats_and_milk said:

Another short uptime yesterday. The network protocol was changed to HTTPS, so it looks like they are still working things out.

Thanks for consistently posting updates for us! ?

It seems crazy how long it's taking them to fix them, I don't have any knowledge of computer programs like these, but it seems other companies can fix their servers almost instantly. What's the main issue with this one?

41 minutes ago, Jerry_Appleby said:

Thanks for consistently posting updates for us! 1f44d.png

It seems crazy how long it's taking them to fix them, I don't have any knowledge of computer programs like these, but it seems other companies can fix their servers almost instantly. What's the main issue with this one?

I would assume that it is mainly down to the server code itself being dated, people will no longer be familiar with it.  But also that it is required to be compatible with multiple games that cannot even be updated themselves at this point.

• Like 1

On 8/29/2021 at 3:04 PM, OSU_BUCKS_2LAZ said:

RIP plat lol

4, actually. They haven't given us an update in awhile. Who knows though, no news could be good news; until they say they're giving up, I'm going to continue expecting that the servers will be brought back. If I get let down, it is what it is then.

It’ll be back. It’s not hard to apply patches to a server. It’ll be they have multiple servers that require patches, likely some backups made and/or restored , raids rebuilt / sync’d…  some thorough testing… if there’s sporadic signs of restoration that means things are happening. If they’re going down the path or not bringing it up we wouldn’t see this and they’d just suggest it’s gone and they’re moving forward. They seem like a company that like their ground roots family sticking around and being happy.

The problem more likely is , it’s not a high priority, and probably only have 1-2 people on this that are also working on the latter platforms. This excercise would also be timely. 

I swore I saw it online a few days ago.I was doing MGS / POTC DLC and sure it connected. 

Anyway stick tight… Twitter them with support.. might help them speed it up.

Edited by JWill_55
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, arcanehornet_ said:

So a guy named Jon the Pedo took down the servers by himself, and now they don’t work anymore?

Apparently an actual pedophile too.

As for the servers...don't get your hopes up, guys. These are PS3/Vita servers we're talking about. Sony has discontinued support for both for quite a while now.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Valzentia said:

As for the servers...don't get your hopes up, guys. These are PS3/Vita servers we're talking about. Sony has discontinued support for both for quite a while now.

Why not when the developers have said they’re actively working on and have brought it back up several times while testing?

What kind of server support has Sony discontinued for PS3 and Vita aside from some developers choosing to shut down their own games intentionally?

1 hour ago, Valzentia said:

That’s a shame, because I was just wanting to return to this to play online co-op.

1 hour ago, Valzentia said:

There is little hope...

You said PS3/Vita servers but remember LBP3 was also released on PS4. And we know Sony still supports PS4 to this day.

Replied to a follow-up that they gave on Twitter, doubt I'll get a response but on the off chance that I do I'll post it here, basically asked if there would be any grace period since we received no warning back when everything went down.

Vita will be entirely hosed even if LBP3 PS4 stays up.

Really disappointed because I was saving the whole series for some landmark Platinums, first one was my first game to earn trophies in so this personally hurts worse than when they were going to shut the store down.

I'm not one for creating petitions but if somebody does, please link it, I'll gladly add my signature, I want nothing to do with Dreams or Sackboy: A Big Adventure honestly, MM isn't getting a cent out of me if this is how they sunset games.

2 minutes ago, Moostache7 said:

Replied to a follow-up that they gave on Twitter, doubt I'll get a response but on the off chance that I do I'll post it here, basically asked if there would be any grace period since we received no warning back when everything went down.

Really disappointed because I was saving the whole series for some landmark Platinums, first one was my first game to earn trophies in so this personally hurts worse than when they were going to shut the store down.

I'm not one for creating petitions but if somebody does, please link it, I'll gladly add my signature, I want nothing to do with Dreams or Sackboy: A Big Adventure honestly, MM isn't getting a cent out of me if this is how they sunset games.

Please bear in mind that this situation puts MM in a crazy unfair position. I would bet that the only reason they’re forcibly closing the games immediately is because they legitimately cannot push new patches on PS3 or Vita. In no way do I think they wanted to do this and I strongly think they would have left them on for as long as possible.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Moostache7 said:

What? Do you think they're just going to phone up the hackers that are constantly bombarding the servers and ask them to pause for a few days so that some trophy hunters can hop in and clean up their trophy lists?

2 minutes ago, liammill18 said:

I would bet that the only reason they’re forcibly closing the games immediately is because they legitimately cannot push new patches on PS3 or Vita.

No, it was people were completely bombarding the servers with hacking tools.

Edited by DaivRules
  • Like 3