Back for blood trophy list revealed

Thephoenixshow

I hope they removed friendly fire from veteran since it seems to be the game’s normal difficulty. I’d prefer not to have to play on easy just so I don’t have to worry about trolls shooting me in the back. I never went above easy in the beta for this reason. 

The Apocalypse Pacifist trophy sounds incredibly stupid considering how many Ridden appear in each mission. Either this is going to require four people who know the map inside and out or there’s going to be some type of stun or slow feature in the full game. 

I hope the bots are actually competent in the full game. The bots in the beta were so bad that they sometimes couldn’t make it through easy difficulty (which is incredibly forgiving). If you got trapped by a special ability, they would just run up to you and stare. If you got out it was because they tried to melee a Ridden and you were in the way, not because the bot suddenly became competent. B4B Beta bots made Aliens: Fireteam Elite’s bots look like gods. 

I understand it's a copy/paste idea of L4D for obvious reasons, and I played soooooo much L4D/2. So I love the game and genre, but I've always had a gripe with the solo experience being just awful. I've seen videos of World War Z having players clear the highest difficulty completely solo, I really hope Back 4 Blood shares that experience.

Overall this list doesn't look terrible, with the exception of the pacifist trophy. However its depends on the wording imo.

Trophies are labeled, Map / Mission / Act.

I didn't play the beta but if I'm thinking L4D experience.

Map = One section, checkpoint to checkpoint

Mission = Start to Finish

Act = Multiple missions

If this is the case it won't be too bad to do a no kill map, or no death mission. SOMEONE will find a safe route to get it done. But if I'm wrong and none of the above applies, it's gonna be rather awful. Especially if you don't have 3 friends / the solo experience is shit.

Edited by Skurkitty

2 minutes ago, Doomsounder said:

Great list, I'd be so down for this plat, but I do wonder if it'll be significantly harder -or even doable at all- when playing solo.

The solo experience is what makes or breaks my purchase on this instead of WWZ Aftermath. I've watched tons of WWZ solo videos on max difficulty and it looks insanely fun. But I also played a lot of L4D in my life and if they didn't improve the solo experience... well... big sad face man.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Skurkitty said:

The solo experience is what makes or breaks my purchase on this instead of WWZ Aftermath. I've watched tons of WWZ solo videos on max difficulty and it looks insanely fun. But I also played a lot of L4D in my life and if they didn't improve the solo experience... well... big sad face man.

I had no idea about this, you just blew my mind. Guess now I have an alternative if the solo experience of B4B doesn't deliver. I did read that improving bots was one of their priorities before launch, so here's hoping!

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Skurkitty said:

The solo experience was what made me cancel my Ultimate Edition preorder after playing the beta. As a big L4D fan I was really REALLY looking forward to B4B and preordered early on. I won’t go into all my complaints as it would get lengthy but the last straw was when I decided to start up a solo mission after playing a bunch with other people because I didn’t know how much time I had. I got about halfway through the mission, cleared the entire area I was in, made sure it was quiet, “paused” the game, then went to bathroom, made a call, whatever else for 15 minutes, and when I came back there was chaos on the screen. I was downed in the same area, another player was, and one or two others were running around struggling with a huge amount of enemies. I think what it did was either put me in another game with the same level progress or put people in mine for inactivity maybe? I’m not even sure what happened. I understand not being able to pause MP matches in other games but they are more bite sized matches. A match can be over relatively quickly and I’m dedicated for that time. But B4B has lengthy missions, especially if in a tug of war on some objective based missions and playing solo should let you pause. Iirc I played solo L4D 1&2 solo fine. Some tough missions on certain settings needed a group and it was generally more fun with a friend, but the option to play solo was there with no penalties if I wanted to. Speaking of that tug of war mission, I would be shocked if it could be completed solo. To avoid spoilers, you had to find items, bring them somewhere, all while getting cover fire support from others to deal with constantly respawning hordes. Unless they toned down the difficulty A LOT when solo, I don’t see how it could be done. We wiped and struggled many attempts with a full group on standard difficulty. Some missions are fun, quick, and easy like the one I paused in but I don’t know about some others. I’ll keep my eye on gameplay videos once this is released. It is one of those ‘Online play required’ games so I guess I should have knew what I was getting into ?‍♂️

• Like 2

Seems to be a pretty easy list. Only nightmare mode that might pose a challenge. Tried it in the beta and with randoms with no knowledge of the game it was impossible, you were always out of ammo and messaging asking for ammo on the PS5 is super slow. That's was the worst part about this game. You never have any ammo and only team mates can drop it. It is also impossible to beat harder difficulties if everyone is playing with the same type of weapon since ammo is very limited.

48 minutes ago, NMErickson said:

“paused” the game

Solo was disabled in the beta. I also got players in my "solo" games.

12 minutes ago, Quink666 said:

Strange, did many solo runs of full levels. There was a private campaign lobby option. Ammo was a problem yea. Always had to buy some in between levels and pick the office guy with ammo perk. No one else would choose him. I may be nitpicking here but the buying ammo and upgrades from a vendor crate between levels felt cheesy, unrealistic, and broke immersion a bit. I liked how L4D had weapons, ammo, medkits, etc lying on safe room tables. It was more realistic and felt like a real fight for survival. Then there’s that card system. Just some design choices that probably won’t affect the majority but it’s the little details. L4D captured lightning in a bottle and I didn’t feel that same magic with Back 4 Blood.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, NMErickson said:

Strange, did many solo runs of full levels. There was a private campaign lobby option. Ammo was a problem yea. Always had to buy some in between levels and pick the office guy with ammo perk. No one else would choose him. I may be nitpicking here but the buying ammo and upgrades from a vendor crate between levels felt cheesy, unrealistic, and broke immersion a bit. I liked how L4D had weapons, ammo, medkits, etc lying on safe room tables. It was more realistic and felt like a real fight for survival. Then there’s that card system. Just some design choices that probably won’t affect the majority but it’s the little details. L4D captured lightning in a bottle and I didn’t feel that same magic with Back 4 Blood.

Yeah i get you, after playing the beta i also decided not to preorder the game. It was not nearly as fun as L4D imo. I have probably 7-800 hours in L4D2, mostly in custom maps since there are a few customs that are far better than anything in the main game. I just was annoyed by so many design choices. Might pick this up sometime in the future. Also Act 1 was not a really a good act imo, but maybe act 2-4 is better. The last mission in act 1 was really hard since my teammates refused to grab explosives and only ran around solo and got downed and killed. With a competent group this might be fun.

Edited by Quink666
  • Like 3

22 hours ago, Quink666 said:

Seems to be a pretty easy list. Only nightmare mode that might pose a challenge. Tried it in the beta and with randoms with no knowledge of the game it was impossible, you were always out of ammo and messaging asking for ammo on the PS5 is super slow. That's was the worst part about this game. You never have any ammo and only team mates can drop it. It is also impossible to beat harder difficulties if everyone is playing with the same type of weapon since ammo is very limited.

I agree with you, I tried the nightmare difficulty in the beta and it was not doable with randoms and without a mic.

decided not to preorder the game after playing the beta, but maybe I'll buy it someday in the future when it's on sale.

• Like 1