How bad is this game?

Mathieumatic

I'm all for more competition for sport games as it puts pressure on EA to improve their games, but it seems like eFootball has turned out to be a giant flop. Reddit communities r/wepes and r/efootball are chaos right now, comparing the game to a mobile game or a release disaster like Cyberpunk. The graphics/player designs seem to be an absolute joke too. On top of that, eFootball 2022 is currently the worst rated game on Steam. So this is why I'm asking you guys: how bad is this game? I guess the one thing to keep in mind is that the game is free to play so it's not like they scammed people.

• Like 2

Well, without completely running this 'game'' into the ground, I'll give you two examples that should tell you enough about the state this game is in right now.

1. Messi is everywhere in the menus, title screen, game icon, etc. Can you actually play as Messi? No. He is not in the game (yet).

2. There is a wide variety of options to choose from for match time, from 5 minutes all the way up to 15 minutes, 20 minutes, 25 minutes and 30 minutes. That's great! But... all of those options besides the 5 minutes option are locked with no way to unlock them.

So yeah... take that as you will. Better not get me started on the graphics and gameplay.

• Like 1

I totally agree, the game is a total disappointment so far: bad graphics and mechanics, only few teams to play as, broken online matchmaking, and very few licensed teams. I wanted to tear my hair apart when I saw Milan and Inter be called Milano Rossonera and Lombardia NA... I mean, seriously? I want to give this game more time to improve and fix his mistakes, but this is definitely not a good start.

It is really is awful, I have no idea what Konami was doing these last 2 years, so much promises and hype and all wasted on a free game that plays and looks worst than mobile games, truly an embarrassment

I'll stick with the 2021 version, might be the very last good game from them.

On 1/10/2021 at 8:42 PM, MD_91 said:

I don't understand why they didn't just delay it?

Because of FIfa, they simple published another Beta (it can't be really the game) and in the future they will adjust it. 8 squads, two type of game, it seems more of a beta than the full game.

Plus i can't believe they deleted double marking and stalling (old L2 idk how to say in english sorry)

• 2 weeks later...

It’s a football game so that speaks for itself. 
however this game is free right now UK PS5 version so I’ll play this for an hour or so to get the trophies then delete it again. (Think it was a PS Plus) 

Edited by FocusDR
Added ps plus game?

• 10 months later...

Been playing Pes since the PS1 days and this is the worst one of the lot, tried to give it ago...I really did

Built a decent squad played a fair few games online but its just awful, the passing is bad, the defending is bad, the ai is bad and the graphics aren't upto much considering its a PS5 game.

I can't stand Fifa so that me done with football games for the first time since I was a kid

• Like 3