Prince of Persia Remake

5 minutes ago, SCREWBWOI said:

So unfortunately I've never played the prince of Persia games and have always wonder why. However since there is a remake coming soon, do you think they will remake the others, or is it best to just play all the ps3 versions

If you own all the PS3 versions, just start with them. We'll never know if they'll remake them or not.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Infected Elite said:

its best to avoid the entire series

What do you mean by that, as in they aren't good?

7 minutes ago, Taliesin_2943 said:

Definitely recommend playing the PS3 ones and I u like them play the remake

I just might, don't know when others would be made tbh, will you be picking it up yourself?

44 minutes ago, zizimonster said:

If you own all the PS3 versions, just start with them. We'll never know if they'll remake them or not.

Currently dont own but true don't know how long they'll take to make them

I got the ps3 HD Collection a long time ago, it's not really that great to be honest.

I plated all of them back then, they're based on the PC versions not the ps2 versions, while it sounds good having the PC versions as someone may think it looks and ran better than the ps2 but actually it's isn't.

the characters models on all three games got updated slightly beyond the PC versions by giving the models more poly counts... you can notice it on hairs clothes parts and the fingers on hands.

though the environments looks worse than what I saw on the ps2 years ago, most of the texture looks unfinished/pixelated or left from the PC build untouched, especially the special effects, they look night and day way much better looking on the ps2, on the HD collection you can even see the paper cut-like edges of the special effects, some other effects also been removed like the cool rainy haze that cover the scene in the start screen on the ps2, and on the collection the rain effects looked bad without that.

the collection is also felt rushed too, way too many bugs, especially on the already horrible game in the series Warrior Within, if you looked at your trophies while the game is running in the background and return to the game it will gonna instantly crash and freeze your whole ps3.

sadly Sony have stop making deals and sales on ps3 titles on the PS Store because I highly recommend picking the collection on a sale dirt cheap as in my opinion I don't think it's even worth it for $10

Edited by yellowwindow7
forgot to add something.

10 hours ago, SCREWBWOI said:

What do you mean by that, as in they aren't good?

I just might, don't know when others would be made tbh, will you be picking it up yourself?

Currently dont own but true don't know how long they'll take to make them

Yep I plan to I loved the prince of Persia games the only ones I didn't perticularly care for was the forgotten sands as the one with the guy with the glove that wasn't part of the sands game but that was more because I was hyped on the sands games t by itself wasn't terrible and I need to go back and replay it

PoP was one my favorite franchises back on the PS2 days. At the time I thought the games were innovative, fluid and very fun to play. I had already played many of the big ones like GoW, DMC and Onimusha, and had played some less know, but that I rate high, like Bujingai and Genji. 

I completed the trilogy platinum last year, and it was one my worst experiences recently. The games aged very poorly, the remasters dont remaster anything, and you may have to deal with bugs when trying to platinum. Luckly I did not have any problem, but there are many complaints about it online.

PoP 2009 I played on PC some time after release, and got the platinum some years ago. It is very different from other PoP games, but I think it is very charming. I liked the setting and the cel shadding style. Currently it is my favorite PoP. 

I also played Forgotten Sands on release and got the platinum on 2019. That game is mediocre at best, and thankfully the platinum is short.

If you want to get into the franchise, I would wait for the remake, unless you enjoy playing old and outdated games. Last time I read anything about it seems that the team was having some production issues, and the game had been delayed. Also apparently there was a lack of recent news. I dont remember reading anything about remastering the other two, but if this one does well commercially I would say yes. 

• Like 1

Well, actually the "Let's just go back to drawing board" delay was great to my ears. I was annoyed by tons of people saying it's just different style and people should respect that.

NO, it was horrible and I'm glad that Ubisoft heard that and delay it indefinitely. 

I prefer a good remake than a simple cash grab. That, or just kill the whole thing.

5 hours ago, MarcusPunisher said:

Remake coming soon? Really? Last time I checked, there is still no clear date from the already one year delay. I don't think that game is coming out anytime soon.

That why I was thinking of doing the ps3 versions since they are taking ages with the remakes we never know if they will remake more or even when if they do.

1 hour ago, GoldenShaka said:

Well, actually the "Let's just go back to drawing board" delay was great to my ears. I was annoyed by tons of people saying it's just different style and people should respect that.

NO, it was horrible and I'm glad that Ubisoft heard that and delay it indefinitely. 

I prefer a good remake than a simple cash grab. That, or just kill the whole thing.

100% agree I thought the reveal trailer was a big disappointment and hope it will improve massively

5 hours ago, Zircon_Lotus said:

PoP was one my favorite franchises back on the PS2 days. At the time I thought the games were innovative, fluid and very fun to play. I had already played many of the big ones like GoW, DMC and Onimusha, and had played some less know, but that I rate high, like Bujingai and Genji. 

I completed the trilogy platinum last year, and it was one my worst experiences recently. The games aged very poorly, the remasters dont remaster anything, and you may have to deal with bugs when trying to platinum. Luckly I did not have any problem, but there are many complaints about it online.

PoP 2009 I played on PC some time after release, and got the platinum some years ago. It is very different from other PoP games, but I think it is very charming. I liked the setting and the cel shadding style. Currently it is my favorite PoP. 

I also played Forgotten Sands on release and got the platinum on 2019. That game is mediocre at best, and thankfully the platinum is short.

If you want to get into the franchise, I would wait for the remake, unless you enjoy playing old and outdated games. Last time I read anything about it seems that the team was having some production issues, and the game had been delayed. Also apparently there was a lack of recent news. I dont remember reading anything about remastering the other two, but if this one does well commercially I would say yes. 

That was I'm hearing alot, I did all the god of war games last year and they aged really well still felt very nice to play, However alot of people are saying PoP didn't play as good as it used to. Also I don't mind playing older games as they bring back nostalgia my only concern is the constant delay in the remake makes me wonder shall I just play the ps3 version as I would like to keep the story going instead of waiting.

16 hours ago, yellowwindow7 said:

I got the ps3 HD Collection a long time ago, it's not really that great to be honest.

I plated all of them back then, they're based on the PC versions not the ps2 versions, while it sounds good having the PC versions as someone may think it looks and ran better than the ps2 but actually it's isn't.

the characters models on all three games got updated slightly beyond the PC versions by giving the models more poly counts... you can notice it on hairs clothes parts and the fingers on hands.

though the environments looks worse than what I saw on the ps2 years ago, most of the texture looks unfinished/pixelated or left from the PC build untouched, especially the special effects, they look night and day way much better looking on the ps2, on the HD collection you can even see the paper cut-like edges of the special effects, some other effects also been removed like the cool rainy haze that cover the scene in the start screen on the ps2, and on the collection the rain effects looked bad without that.

the collection is also felt rushed too, way too many bugs, especially on the already horrible game in the series Warrior Within, if you looked at your trophies while the game is running in the background and return to the game it will gonna instantly crash and freeze your whole ps3.

sadly Sony have stop making deals and sales on ps3 titles on the PS Store because I highly recommend picking the collection on a sale dirt cheap as in my opinion I don't think it's even worth it for $10

Very disappointing to hear, I found cheap copies online however I'll wait till I get more opinions

Edited by SCREWBWOI
  • Like 2

I played through all the Prince of Persia games (except The Forgotten Sands) on PS3 over the last year or so and it was a nice little trip down memory lane, but if you’re not a patient person I couldn’t recommend all of them.

The 2 that I would definitely recommend are The Sands of Time, and Prince of Persia (2008 remake). The Warrior Within and Two Thrones will really test your patience as a trophy hunter, and if you’re not a patient and determined Hunter you will likely give up on the platinums for these as they we’re quite a pain in the ass.

I don’t know if they will remake PoP, but after playing the 2008 reimagining I think I would welcome a modern Prince of Persia remake. If they could just keep it simple and take all the fun elements of the original trilogy that made it popular back in the day, but with a modern control scheme and combat system, it would probably end up being a pretty enjoyable little platformer. So why not?

I do feel that the games are quite dated in many areas, especially Sands of Time, but I still enjoyed them thoroughly for their parkour and time mechanics. (Among other things)

They're certainly worth a try, even if only for the impact they had on the industry and later games/series, and it helps that they're dirt cheap too.

(Plus, I imagine the remake of Sands of Time will modernize the first game a lot anyways)

Edited by Zephrese

On 3. 10. 2021 at 5:19 AM, SCREWBWOI said:

So unfortunately I've never played the prince of Persia games and have always wonder why. However since there is a remake coming soon, do you think they will remake the others, or is it best to just play all the ps3 versions

Don't listen to him, the PoP Trilogy is a classic. I love them, they are solid games with a cool story in my oponion, altough the best version are the PC ones, but if you dont mind the bugs the PS3 "remaster" is fine.

So I think you should play them, atleast you can compare them later to the remake.

• Like 1

I made a rant a few years back regarding The Warrior Within. Looking back at what I wrote, the reason I got antsy about it is because I never got around to playing it back in the PS2 days. I think a number of users here, including MilanYildirim, played it when they were still kids. Therefore, that nostalgia and childhood memory of the game resonates with them. I didn't have those warm fuzzy memories when I was playing it.

It didn't age well in my eyes. Sound was awful, the backtracking was tedious which made those three playthroughs a chore, some of the game mechanics had issues. The story wasn't half bad, the voice actor for the Prince does a fine performance.

I would love to see a linear game get released in a Prince of Persia aesthetic and style. These kind of games are largely missing in today's console generation. It's either massive open world grindfests or games filled with lootboxes/microtransactions.

• Like 2

On 10/3/2021 at 6:19 AM, SCREWBWOI said:

As most people already mentioned, the games are a bit of a hit and miss. If you can handle old style gameplay and weird camera angles, you will enjoy these games, especially since the story and the characters are actually good. I do still recommend grabbing a heavily discounted CD version xD

Oh and brace yourself for tons of bugs and trophy glitches in Warrior Within. That game is plagued with them.

18 minutes ago, AJ_Radio said:

I made a rant a few years back regarding The Warrior Within. Looking back at what I wrote, the reason I got antsy about it is because I never got around to playing it back in the PS2 days. I think a number of users here, including MilanYildirim, played it when they were still kids. Therefore, that nostalgia and childhood memory of the game resonates with them. I didn't have those warm fuzzy memories when I was playing it.

It didn't age well in my eyes. Sound was awful, the backtracking was tedious which made those three playthroughs a chore, some of the game mechanics had issues. The story wasn't half bad, the voice actor for the Prince does a fine performance.

I would love to see a linear game get released in a Prince of Persia aesthetic and style. These kind of games are largely missing in today's console generation. It's either massive open world grindfests or games filled with lootboxes/microtransactions.

I have to agree with you here. I loved the trilogy (for me PoP games are still abit higher in terms of enjoyment compared to Assassin's Creed). But yeah, for new players...they have not aged well at all. The controls, camera and gameplay are abit janky for today's standards.

I would also love a remake of the very first game and The Shadow and The Flame. I think there was a Prince of Persia classic release which was a remake of the first game? I found a playthrough here, it doesn't really have the charm of the very first one but...it works. Too bad you can't pull microtransactions on this one (goddamn Ubisoft)

• Like 2