What reviews site you prefer. IGN or Gamespot?

spyrosmicha

Ohhh man! I love this question. In my opinion, they are both garbage. Let me bash IGN first ;). "Can't spell IGNORANCE without IGN," the phrase many have used based on site changes and production levels. Recently, IGN has resorted to video guides, video reviews.....everything is a video (most things, you cath my drift). Many like this method and love the ease of learning more about games and many hate this. There are gamers out there that enjoy reading a well written article. I myself enjoy videos due to the showcase of gameplay. This is only one factor to why IGN recieved so much pain. I was a big fan of Gamespot when I played PC. The ability to download demos, mods and other tools was at my finger tips is a great ability to have. They have stayed a more "text-based" site with more articles than videos, but, the mutation phase has begun just like how it had with IGN. Overall, i think there is a little part in us all that hate them both. The suspicion of games paying them off for better reviews grows every year and there is not hiding the rumors. I am not saying they do but.....rumors start somewhere. I like IGN's journalism and staff much better than Gamespot but Gamespot is the bread and butter. Everything you need is there.....everything.

• Like 2

They are both full of shit.

the only review that matters to me is my own.

if looking to see how a game plays, Giant Bomb is the only site where the videos are made by people I dont want to punch. IGN videos are simply unwatchable due to the irritating people running them.

Edited by DrBloodmoney
  • Like 3

In descending order - Polygon, Gamespot, Metacritic, GiantBomb, Kotaku and Gametrailers. IGN is a distant last.

Eurogamer, Polygon, Giantbomb, Destructoid, IGN for me. After my own work, of course ^_^

I still check Gamespot reviews from time to time, but more often than not I find them to be petty and pedantic. I also got sick of Kevin VanOrd's voice, since for about 4 months he voiced every. single. review. Gamespot have great original content, though, like Danny O'Dwyer's 'The Point' and Johnny Chiodini's 'Feedbackula'.

Edited by Faust

I truly dont know what to say! because both sometimes give notes so ridiculous ..... a good example is the note that ign gave to killzone Shadowfall .  8.0 (lots of laugh) but we still have the notes are based on the opinions of those who work at gamespot and ign and another thing is the opinion of the community! the community gave killzone 9.3 note!  I get my opinion and they with theirs and so nobody gets annoyed :)

• Like 1

Neither, I prefer Gametrailers.  Also a 8 isn't a bad score, why give it a 10 when it may still have some imperfections to the reviewer?  To me, anything below 5 would count as a failure, 5 being very average to me, not offering much enjoyment but nothing really bad can be said about game.

• Like 2

Eurogamer, Polygon, Giantbomb, Destructoid, IGN for me. After my own work, of course ^_^

You too biased ...

but yeah, overall as dr said 8/10 is good 5 is average, 3 is bad. If 8 is already borderline bad, what's the point of all the other numbers ? in fact lets just call them good, average, useless - should make it easier I guess, and keeps people happy O.o

• Like 1

I rarely read reviews, because I will usually make my mind up by then to get the game or not.

GameInformer is the only site I trust and don't get payed to give high scores..

Oh and AngryJoe because he goes into great detail.

Edited by STRANGEgenius
  • Like 2