Microsoft is buying Activision Blizzard for $68.7 billion [FTC sues to stop - CMA issues updated preliminary findings]

waltdisneypixar

31 minutes ago, StingX2 said:

Crash and Spyro are now xbox properties 1f631.png

TbH - both of them had their best time already. The Crash Racing game was just boring and there was no good Spyro after A Heroes Tale.
Also: Skylanders was just a really bad way to milk parents for their money. The game itself was sweet (i did the plat in all of them) but its not really worth a tear :-)

• Like 1

Wow, big news. I suppose EA would be next so they can get Fifa/other sports games and try to beat Sony, sorry, I meant Google/Amazon as Microsoft no longer even considers Sony competition (biggest lol, pathetic, and sore loser statement Microsoft ever put out). 

I'm not fussed myself as I'm not a big buyer of games of this company. Sony itself though can't afford to let this simply be though. An antitrust case or something that puts Microsoft in court should be possible now, especially with it coming soon after the previous buy out. Companies aren't supposed to be able to buy their way to dominance as Microsoft is clearly attempting. Though I'm not all that sure that this would do that and if it doesn't... this money ain't spare change even for Microsoft. The current CEO and Spencer will be at risk of losing their position if this doesn't show big gains for Microsoft in their gamepass business.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, I-CatHasTrophy-I said:

I dont think that Spyro is an Activision Franchise - they were not part of the old Spyros if I remember correctly?

I think its licensing more so than owning it fully, but I am not entirely sure. But Toys for Bob does those remakes and new ones and they are owned by Activision.

2 minutes ago, Rozalia1 said:

Wow, big news. I suppose EA would be next so they can get Fifa/other sports games and try to beat Sony, sorry, I meant Google/Amazon as Microsoft no longer even considers Sony competition (biggest lol, pathetic, and sore loser statement Microsoft ever put out). 

I'm not fussed myself as I'm not a big buyer of games of this company. Sony itself though can't afford to let this simply be though. An antitrust case or something that puts Microsoft in court should be possible now, especially with it coming soon after the previous buy out. Companies aren't supposed to be able to buy their way to dominance as Microsoft is clearly attempting. Though I'm not all that sure that this would do that and if it doesn't... this money ain't spare change even for Microsoft. The current CEO and Spencer will be at risk of losing their position if this doesn't show big gains for Microsoft in their gamepass business.

If I was Sony I would honestly start partnering and making deals with Ubisoft, EA, and Take Two.

• Like 2

Just now, kdogg_gamer_ said:

I think its licensing more so than owning it fully, but I am not entirely sure. But Toys for Bob does those remakes and new ones and they are owned by Activision.

Yeah I guess they developed the whole Skylanders-thing.

But tbh - even if the games were funny, they had nothing to do with Spyro at all. So I dont think we'll lose this one.

1 minute ago, kdogg_gamer_ said:

If I was Sony I would honestly start partnering and making deals with Ubisoft, EA, and Take Two.

What do you mean by "deals"? If you mean exclusive deals or whatever else then does don't do anything to stop Microsoft buying out a company. If you mean buying them then... yeah, I don't see Sony doing that.

Sony's best move on this is to take Microsoft to court and gather up supporters. Nintendo is the obvious one but perhaps they can get some assistance from Apple too as Microsoft recently interfered in Apple's business. 

• Like 2

There was a tweet somewhere that said Microsoft has stated that Activision games are enjoyed on variety of platforms and they will continue into support those communities. This probably doesn’t mean every game but I can expect games like Call of Duty and maybe Overwatch on that list of multi platforms. 

The deal will be finalized in July or June with the current Activision-Blizzard CEO remaining his position after the aquaistion. What this means, I don’t know. 

Edited by BestUsername----

1 minute ago, BestUsername---- said:

There was a tweet somewhere that said Microsoft has stated that Activision games are enjoyed on variety of platforms and they will continue into support those communities. This probably doesn’t mean every game but I can expect games like Call of Duty and maybe Overwatch on that list of multi platforms. 

Oh absolutely, because the microtransactions are going to bring in money on both sides of the consoles. But Spyro and Crash won't see another PS release.

4 minutes ago, Rozalia1 said:

What do you mean by "deals"? If you mean exclusive deals or whatever else then does don't do anything to stop Microsoft buying out a company. If you mean buying them then... yeah, I don't see Sony doing that.

Sony's best move on this is to take Microsoft to court and gather up supporters. Nintendo is the obvious one but perhaps they can get some assistance from Apple too as Microsoft recently interfered in Apple's business. 

I mean Sony needs to do something. I am sure they could possibly buy out Ubi, but I am definitely worried about the future. I think PS had it right by developing their own talent. 

1 minute ago, I-CatHasTrophy-I said:

Forget it.

They said the same after they bought Bethesda.

Just a few weeks later, they confirmed that The Elder Scrolls 6 will be an Xbox Exclusive.

True but I doubt Activision-Blizzards leadership, as dumb as some of their actions were lately, would make their biggest money makers in the long term an exclusive. 

• Like 1

I guarantee you this is only happening because of all the abuse alligations around bobby kotick are now devaluing his company and he is just trying to find the easiest way out of the shitstorm he could potentially be in. He may still be ceo now but i guarantee you he will probably announce his retirement within 1-5 years. Honestly i doubt they will make call of duty exclusive(its like minecraft in that its too big to rip away from playstation players without damaging the brand, nothing bethesda has on playstation is even close to that in both consistency and sucess) because of how warzone is pretty much linked hard to the most recent 3 games(and will be linked to cod 2022) but it is sad that sony is now losing thier big 2 og mascots and potentialy everything else like singularity and prototype and anything blizzard.

• Like 1

Just now, BestUsername---- said:

True but I doubt Activision-Blizzards leadership, as dumb as some of their actions were lately, would make their biggest money makers in the long term an exclusive. 

Oh it's not there choice anymore.

If Microsoft sells more consoles and games because COD will become an Exclusive, they won't care about additional money from other platforms.

Activision is just an object now.

• Like 3