What is your most doable PS4 platinum trophy that you will never get?

EnaTenkiyoGaming

On 18/10/2022 at 2:02 AM, LastMinuteSavior said:

To me, every time someone brings this up it's like hearing of an urban myth.

Am I the only human being who got all trophies without worrying about or having any glitches and crashes?

On the other hand, having your console running a game non-stop for days sounds like a sure way to get your system to crash.

On 18/10/2022 at 10:30 AM, JAK-KRIEG said:

All my trophies popped as intended as well. I never left my PS4 running while afk. Never had any issues with the game it was very enjoyable. Idk if I was lucky to avoid any glitches.

I just took a look at your profiles. You got the platinum 2 years before the definitive version was released. The definitive edition was the version that broke the game forever.

I do agree, though, that leaving the console running for that "days" is not a good idea and would probably crash any game let alone Mafia III.

I personally got 'No Loose Ends' by playing it on PS5, turning off the internet and putting the game in rest mode occasionally to give the console a break. Probably took about 10 hours in total for that trophy alone with rest mode breaks. Hilariously, the game crashed right after I went online but by then it was fine because the most time consuming trophy was out of the way. The rest either didn't rely on accumulating a certain amount or only took a few minutes to get. It's doable if you have the patience/tolerance for that sort of thing. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Vault-TecPhantom said:

I just took a look at your profiles. You got the platinum 2 years before the definitive version was released. The definitive edition was the version that broke the game forever.

Well that sucks. I wasn't aware it was that bad.

On 18/10/2022 at 2:19 PM, Viper said:

No you're not, but you likely played it before it got it's Definitive Edition patch/re-release of the game. When the Mafia 1 Remake came out, Mafia II got it's infamous shitty remaster, and because they released a triple pack, they gave Mafia III a Definitive Edition version that came with the DLC, but the patch that released for it completely broke the game. And at this point it sounds like they never fixed it. It is odd though that so many people didn't seem to play it until this happened...Mafia III was already out for quite some time before this update came out, but you only really hear about the people who only played it after the update. 

I'm one of the "lucky" ones that played it before this patch, so the game ran perfectly fine. But it's not like people are missing much...Mafia III has a good story and great characters, but it's a horribly boring gameplay loop where you're doing the same shit over and over again so it wasn't a great game to begin with. The real shame is how Mafia II's remaster was treated and apparently was never fixed.

I played Mafia III at launch and loved it for the story and voice acting but I wasn't a trophy hunter then. I only decided to go for platinum when the definitive edition was released alongside Mafia II - which I also loved back when I played it on my 360. So it seemed like the perfect time to jump back in...wasn't prepared for Hangar 13 to crap the bed so royally.  I mean, at launch Mafia III had its fair share of technical problems but those were mainly graphical bugs; nothing like this.  Also, without the anticipation of the story - seeing as I knew all the plot developments - the repetitive mission structure became more pronounced so the game lost its lustre.

I heard that some of the trophies for Mafia II were also broken but Hangar 13 fixed it shortly after, so by the time I went for the platinum it was fine. I guess they figured that since there was technically a workaround for the bugged trophies in Mafia III that they didn't need to bother.

31 minutes ago, Vault-TecPhantom said:

@Viper had already brought that to my attention.

Either way, I wasn't questioning the existence of glitches, but merely noting I was one of the lucky ones who didn't have problems, because actually there were numerous reports of glitched trophies and other bugs since release.

Sometimes glitches and bugs get fixed with an update/hotfix but those changes to the code somehow get reverted with a later patch. If you play live games, you'll know what I mean.

Something similar must have happened when they rushed this half-baked Defective Edition out the door.

mqdefault.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LastMinuteSavior said:

@Viper had already brought that to my attention.

Either way, I wasn't questioning the existence of glitches, but merely noting I was one of the lucky ones who didn't have problems, because actually there were numerous reports of glitched trophies and other bugs since release.

Sometimes glitches and bugs get fixed with an update/hotfix but those changes to the code somehow get reverted with a later patch. If you play live games, you'll know what I mean.

Something similar must have happened when they rushed this half-baked Defective Edition out the door.

mqdefault.jpg

Viper said 'likely' and I checked your profile to confirm, and they were absolutely correct.

Regarding questioning the existence of glitches... mate, you said it was like hearing an "urban myth" lol. Anyway, it's cool. Like I said, at launch I didn't really experience many problems either. It was only after playing the DE that the game showed its ugly real fast.

14 minutes ago, Vault-TecPhantom said:

Viper said 'likely' and I checked your profile to confirm, and they were absolutely correct.

Regarding questioning the existence of glitches... mate, you said it was like hearing an "urban myth" lol.

Well, congrats on your investigation.

Also, truth be said, as a non-native english speaker there's sometimes discrepancies between what I mean, and what I write or others perceive. Still, in this case, I think you're simply nitpicking.

On topic, even though The Last Guardian runs a lot better on PS5 than it did on PS4, and even if I find it quite charming and will finish the story eventually, I still can't see myself playing it 3 times for the Platinum.

Doesn't help that you can play for 8 or 10 hours without unlocking a single trophy either.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, LastMinuteSavior said:

Well, congrats on your investigation.

Also, truth be said, as a non-native english speaker there's sometimes discrepancies between what I mean, and what I write or others perceive. Still, in this case, I think you're simply nitpicking.

On topic, even though The Last Guardian runs a lot better on PS5 than it did on PS4, and even if I find it quite charming and will finish the story eventually, I still can't see myself playing it 3 times for the Platinum.

Doesn't help that you can play for 8 or 10 hours without unlocking a single trophy either.

Well, after Viper mentioned that you might have played it before the DE was released you did not confirm that theory so I checked your profile just to be sure,. It's really no biggie; all cleared up now. Not sure why you're taking it so personally tbh.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Vault-TecPhantom said:

Well, after Viper mentioned that you might have played it before the DE was released you did not confirm that theory so I checked your profile just to be sure

Again, nitpicking.

Also, boring me, which is even worse.

I realized I had derailed the thread into off-topic - sorta like we're doing now - so I liked his comment instead of replying. Didn't you check the likes too, Holmes?

That's rhetorical. Please don't respond ?

8 minutes ago, LastMinuteSavior said:

Again, nitpicking.

Also, boring me, which is even worse.

I realized I had derailed the thread into off-topic - sorta like we're doing now - so I liked his comment instead of replying. Didn't you check the likes too, Holmes?

That's rhetorical. Please don't respond 1f64f.png

You probably could have explained that without the diatribe but OK.

• Like 1

Re:Chain of Memories. Grinding to the max level with Riku is absolute torture due to how his card system works, and you can't nuke entire rooms with a Megaflare alternative like you could with Sora. Before someone says "just watch Netflix" or "put some music/videos on" to numb the brain, I genuinely cannot game and do that at the same time. I'll lose focus, and the bad part about Riku's grinding is how damn boring it is, meaning it's inevitable. I'll do 2 or 3 levels every other month, and at this rate, I might not even finish it.

I wanted to do PS4 stacks for every KH game, but this and Birth by Sleep are definitely not going to join the ranks of it. I say BBS because having to get 100% with all three characters again is just... Man. I can't bring myself to do it for a fourth time (vanilla, BBSFM, and the PS3 versions are the previous efforts).

Another one's Monster Hunter World. It's just a slog of a game, feels like I'm dragging myself through mud, and it's much less fun than the other MH games I've played. I've been offered carries but god dammit, I just... It just doesn't click for me. Plus capturing every monster for the crowns just seems like another RNG thing to deal with, and I can't bring myself to wade through that.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Vermilion_Joker said:

Re:Chain of Memories. Grinding to the max level with Riku is absolute torture due to how his card system works, and you can't nuke entire rooms with a Megaflare alternative like you could with Sora. Before someone says "just watch Netflix" or "put some music/videos on" to numb the brain, I genuinely cannot game and do that at the same time. I'll lose focus, and the bad part about Riku's grinding is how damn boring it is, meaning it's inevitable. I'll do 2 or 3 levels every other month, and at this rate, I might not even finish it.

AHH i wanted to do a paltinum run of all the games. I did it for the ifrst game and I had a blast but chain ofmemeories is sooooooooooooo not fun ans tedious.

7 hours ago, Vermilion_Joker said:

Another one's Monster Hunter World. It's just a slog of a game, feels like I'm dragging myself through mud, and it's much less fun than the other MH games I've played. I've been offered carries but god dammit, I just... It just doesn't click for me. Plus capturing every monster for the crowns just seems like another RNG thing to deal with, and I can't bring myself to wade through that.

A few people have mentioned MHW now and I'm too early in the game to form a full opinion. However, the reason I have remained in early game for about a year and half is because I found it incredibly dull. It's not what I expected after all the hype. Just very slow and monotonous. The trophy advisor keeps recommending all the trophies from it and I just can't be bothered. It might get good several hours in but if I have to invest lots of hours just to get to the good parts then the game is poorly paced.

6 hours ago, s68sc said:

Probably Sonic Forces because I'm not good at speedrun every level

Don't blame your skills for not platting it, the game is an absolute mess all the way around. Classic gameplay suffers from bad collisions and lack of momentum, and can only be done in Speedrun time if you Spindash from beginning to end every second of the level. Modern gameplay requires you to memorize most of the Whisps placements to barely boost your way through (If done vanilla, Super Sonic DLC gives unlimited boost and it really helps in some areas). Avatar gameplay is just handicapped Modern with guns; not so tedious for the most part as max speed can be maintained fairly easily, but I despise with all my soul the Watertube level's Speedtimes and collectibles. 

TLDR: The only banger in Sonic Forces is the soundtrack, the rest is as bad as Sonic 06' xD

• Like 1

5 hours ago, WiktorM101 said:

huh, what changed your mind?

PS+ Premium, got it for the new game catalogue, after I was done with that, I still had some time left so I didn't waste it and went for some online trophies, those were the easiest ones just what the topic is about

• 4 weeks later...

-street fighter 4 i love fighting and shoot em up games, but im bad at both of them, the game is "easier" than previous entries, but it requieres luck and talent

-Titanfall 2 i didnt even reach the trial challenge part, but my progress of the collectibles glitched and it didnt count me one, it didnt appear again, and its a shame because this game is amazing, so i just kinda quit from this because of this

-tetris effect i love tetris in general, but the trophy list is insane, it requieres skills and plenty of luck

• 4 weeks later...

There's probably a couple but the one that comes to mind is PUBG. I'm one trophy from the platinum (1000 kills) which I have technically achieved but for some reason it never popped.

For years I've sent tickets to the devs and chatted on the discord but they consistently fob me off to say it being worked on.

It's a doable platinum just something I'll never achieve do to lack of commitment from the devs.

• 2 weeks later...

Helldivers. Only one trophy left for it and it's kill 100,000 enemies. After putting in a ton of hours and getting all the other trophies (sans the DLC one for all upgrades which is also a huge grind) and I've barely even reached a quarter of the required kills. There's a reason there's multiple guides for just rubberbanding your controller and leaving the game on overnight multiple times because doing it normal would be absurd.

• Like 1

On 1/22/2022 at 5:31 PM, da-Noob123 said:

Any Call of Duty, all of them are on my profile courtesy of my younger brother. One day I might try for some of the campaign trophies but forget all that dlc zombie crap and mp let alone the platinum. 

Arkham City, I am still undecided whether or not I will try and complete the campaign challenges.

Well I managed to do the CoD one this year but Arkham City is still just sitting there incomplete. I did try to go back once this year but I was so incredibly rusty that I stopped after a half hour or so.