Does anyone actually like this game?

JokerSmile007

This is a complain thread if you don’t wanna read it don’t. 
I’m just curious if anyone fr likes this game because it is honestly the worst game I’ve played in a long time. it physically makes me sick over 2/3s of the time I’m playing just because it’s capped at fucking 30fps on a ps4 pro and ps5. The missions are shit, repetitive, monotonous, and tedious as fuck. The story genuinely didn’t captivate me at all, normally I will watch cutscenes and such when in this game I literally did not give a fuck what was happening. I tried to watch them, but it was so stupid. The plot is dumb, the characters are dumb, the ai is dumb. The distracting 15 enemies with rocks is glitched for some reason I’ve been trying for hours. I know I will eventually get the trophy to pop, but it’s infuriating how something so simple is bugged let alone the fact that it hasn’t been patched 3 fucking years later. The dlcs, are absolute shit and definitely do not add on to the base game story. The entire game, dlcs included is essentially just hored mode killing enemies over and over again till you 100% it. 1/10 rating imo one of the worst games I’ve EVER played and I honestly never wanna touch a far cry again after this one. 

• Like 4

Let’s see, over 300K tracked profiles here played it and millions across the world.  Of course, people enjoyed it lol.  

I was one of those.  It is not groundbreaking but the setting was great, the open-world really well-done, gameplay solid, and the story functional.  They could have pushed the story (political climate in America more) but played it safe.

There are so many worse games out there (many on your profile).  

Honestly, I much prefer the Far Cry series to the Assassin’s Creed series but I understand different folks have different preferences.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Ancestral_Spirit said:

I personally really enjoyed it myself, but each to their own.

Though i'm not sure where you're getting the all DLC's are horde mode thing.

I mean, one is a high score zombie survival thing while filming movies.

One of them is a full stealth mission in Vietnam.

And the other was an entirely new map where you shot aliens on Mars........

I'm not sure how much more varied they could have been?  xD 

I think this is where u and I differ massively. Dlc is an extension of the games story, not some random ass stuff where all of a sudden I’m in Vietnam blowing shit up. Then I’m on mars killing aliens for no reason, and don’t even get me started on the last one. That shit is so bad, literally just hored mode repurposed as a $15 dlc or whatever it costs. 

3 minutes ago, djb5f said:

Let’s see, over 300K tracked profiles here played it and millions across the world.  Of course, people enjoyed it lol.  

I was one of those.  It is not groundbreaking but the setting was great, the open-world really well-done, gameplay solid, and the story functional.  They could have pushed the story (political climate in America more) but played it safe.

There are so many worse games out there (many on your profile).  

Honestly, I much prefer the Far Cry series to the Assassin’s Creed series but I understand different folks have different preferences.

Really, please go in depth about what on my profile is worse then this game? I have some bad 5 minute platinums, but no tripple a game I have ever played has been this bad. Lmfao this one is actually horrendous and I have played all the other far crys besides 6 just not on psn. 
Edit I jus went down my list and I can 2000000000% without a doubt say no tripple a game on my list(anything excluding Lego and shitty 5 minute plats) is as bad as this one. I know it’s all opinion but this game really is just one massive turn off for me 

Edited by JokerSmile007
  • Like 2

I did most of the 100% in co op with my brother so yea I thought it was good for a far cry game and a enjoyable time. The zombie dlc was a slog to get through but the mars dlc was some or the most fun I’ve had in a Ubisoft game. 7.5/10 overall. Not the best but definitely a fun time

• Like 2

It seems you only play great games. There is a whole incredible world of shitty games awaiting you for be discovered xD.

But seriously, I don't know about the dizziness, it must suck, but the game is ok, some thing I agree, I would give a 6 of 10.

Ps: Please don't use the score 1/10, this is reserved for special games.

Edited by CobraMJD
Auto incorrect
  • Like 3

Personally, I really dislike it. I like the premise/story enough, but I can play more than 15 seconds without an airplane targeting me hiding in a bush. Take it out...there is another. The stealth is a mess, I can never hide from them...and if I do go into a building or something...they just circle around. I mean...it's relentless, and takes all the fun out of the game. I usually play for 5 min and just decide it's no fun and quit. 

IMO the DLC is also trash. It has nothing to do with the game its self. Just make them offshoots that can be downloaded separately, 

I hate that I don't like FC5. I LOVE FC2, 3, 4, Primal, I even liked New Dawn...but 5....nope. It sucks because I really WANT to love it like I do the rest. 

12 minutes ago, JokerSmile007 said:

I think this is where u and I differ massively. Dlc is an extension of the games story, not some random ass stuff where all of a sudden I’m in Vietnam blowing shit up. Then I’m on mars killing aliens for no reason, and don’t even get me started on the last one. That shit is so bad, literally just hored mode repurposed as a $15 dlc or whatever it costs. 

Really, please go in depth about what on my profile is worse then this game? I have some bad 5 minute platinums, but no tripple a game I have ever played has been this bad. Lmfao this one is actually horrendous and I have played all the other far crys besides 6 just not on psn. 
Edit I jus went down my list and I can 2000000000% without a doubt say no tripple a game on my list(anything excluding Lego and shitty 5 minute plats) is as bad as this one. I know it’s all opinion but this game really is just one massive turn off for me 

Like I said in my original post, I find Far Cry a better series than AC and you have a ton of them.   Different strokes for different folks.  You voiced your opinion (in a click-bait title), I voiced mine lol. 

Personally, I preferred Far Cry 5 to Far Cry 4.  Far Cry 3 was my favorite.

• Like 3

Just now, djb5f said:

Like I said in my original post, I find Far Cry a better series than AC and you have a ton of them.   Different strokes for different folks.  You voiced your opinion (in a click-bait title), I voiced mine lol. 

Personally, I preferred Far Cry 5 to Far Cry 4.  Far Cry 3 was my favorite.

My bad I kinda responded to two different people in one message, everything above really (in my og reply) is what I meant to respond to your original message!

Eh… it’s lesser Far Cry for sure - personally I thought 4 was the peak, with 3 and New Dawn close behind - but it’s a far cry from shit. (See what I did there? ?)

The story is asinine, it lacks a good villain, and there’s too much Hurk in it (any Hurk at all is too much Hurk really - he’s the joke that keeps on existing inexplicably, despite never once being funny - but this is waaaay too much!)

On the other hand though, it looks nice, moves well, and Far Cry gunplay is always of pretty good quality, so I wouldn’t say it’s outright terrible. 

I really hated the Mars DLC - but I thought the Vietnam one was significantly better than anything in the main game. Not tried the Zombies one.

Edited by DrBloodmoney
  • Like 3

I actually really liked it and enjoyed it. But everything you are describing sounds like what a Far Cry game pretty much is. I don't know if this is your first Far Cry game but they are some what similar when it comes to most the things you complain about. I will say I did not really care much for Far Cry 6 though. Something about it really just made me not like the game. I think maybe it was just the overall atmosphere of 6, but I was ready for it to end. 

6 minutes ago, HeyaBen said:

I actually really liked it and enjoyed it. But everything you are describing sounds like what a Far Cry game pretty much is. I don't know if this is your first Far Cry game but they are some what similar when it comes to most the things you complain about. I will say I did not really care much for Far Cry 6 though. Something about it really just made me not like the game. I think maybe it was just the overall atmosphere of 6, but I was ready for it to end. 

It has been a long time sense I’ve played far cry, but I usually like the games a lot. This one just doesn’t intrigue me and I think it’s partially cause the setting/characters. I feel like Montana is just so boring you know

it's a ubiscum title, so like all of them it suffers from being mind numbing shit. but like all of ubisoft titles they get better the harder it is, or when new things come into play. I did not play FC5 on playstation but i did get every achievement, and i especially liked the dlc and the ng+ hard mode run.

im playing FC6 now and it fuckin sucks. but it has some good bits to it. 

Edited by MatThaRiPP3R84
  • Like 1

I like it a lot, tbh. I've really enjoyed all the Far Cry games, even the ones before I've started to go for their plats.
I didn't try the latest one, but it seems worse than the previous one from what I saw. I've even gave a copy of FC5 to my gf which also liked it a lot.
But yeah, different games for different people. ?

1 minute ago, Darling Baphomet said:

It's a Far Cry game. They get repetitive. You go in, you shoot stuff, then you drive around so you can shoot more stuff. As for 30fps, that was the standard last gen. It sucks ass, but it's hardly a Far Cry problem.

Also, I agree that the DLCs sucked ass. In general, Ubisoft DLC does not seem to be worthwhile.

i liked the vietnam dlc, and the zombie dlc was good with friends but hurk is not funny and that mars dlc sucked, i did like playing the ng+ hard mode with the alien weapons though.