Trophies you're stuck on

LukeTheGooner

Toy Story 3. I have no idea how I would get these trophies, and my decade-old save is a mess.

I had made great progress, but after 3+ hours of play trying some items my Playstation 3 froze

it would probably be more fruitful to start a new run, and then aim for ? with a step-by-step guide.

l6uvUza_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&

Wheelman Vin Diesel game. The game is just awful, with a platinum grind and also challenging, as mastering those challenges can be quite difficult (and tedious, and terrible, etc.) spending 10, 20 hours of my free time cleaning this out of the backlog. just no

11 hours ago, Ranari_Kai said:

For me it is an rather unknown little point and click adventure called Shadowgate.

Holy crap, thank you for making me aware that Shadowgate is available on PS4! I never played the original, but have played a bit of the remake on PC and enjoyed what I did play. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble with an inscrutable trophy though. Those are always annoying. 

As for me, there are very few trophies I’m legitimately stuck on ATM, but: 

Hungry for Blood-From Shadows

Requires beating the game with the vampire character. Before I go on, I picked this up thinking “oh, an indie sidescrolling game with werewolves and vampires that next to no one has played, and it’s on sale, should be fun!” I was very wrong. It’s incomplete and broken in all the worst ways. Will probably make a mini-guide when I eventually beat it since no one else on this site has. That being said: I don’t recommend it at all. Not even if you (like me) are dying to get your hands on any and all games vampire and/or werewolf related. Anyway, the above trophy is the last I need to 100% it. I know I can beat it, it’s just a matter of getting lucky on a really annoying (timed, precise platforming, hordes of enemies that you don’t have time to fight, other BS) level. 

Walk in the Park and Better Than Developers!-Trine: Enchanted Edition

Require you to (a)beat each level of the game on hard with permadeath and (b)beat the last level on Hard with no characters dying (the game has three characters you can swap between). Permadeath trophies (especially on the hardest difficulty) aren’t my thing. I figure I’ll get these eventually, but damn, they are a pain in the ass. 

Level 4 S Rank-Thumper

And all the other remaking trophies I guess, since I have been following the pattern of “beat 2 levels then go back and S rank 1.” I think I’ll get it-and hopefully the rest of the trophies-eventually. It’s just a matter of a lot of skill and a little luck tbh. 

Edited by TimeLordCrow13y

1 hour ago, StewartBros said:

Well, with as many DLC trophies as Knight has, I wouldn't be entertaining the notion of going for 100% anyway.  I'd more than likely just play through the campaign, get through the Predator maps since I was generally pretty good at those, get whichever other trophies I felt were within my ability to earn, and probably leave it at that.  I wouldn't want to have my enjoyment of the game tarnished by struggling for hours to get through some needlessly difficult challenges that would probably just end up spoiling my enjoyment of the game.

That's why I didn't bother doing Brutal mode on Uncharted 1-3.  I love those games, and wouldn't want to spoil the fond memories I have of them by struggling with a ridiculously implemented, bullshit difficulty mode that would just suck all the fun out of the games.

I used tweaks for all Uncharted games. Cheating? Debatable. I wasn’t going to play by their rules and get one shoted in places due to utter RNG. 

• Like 2

On 12/04/2022 at 9:44 PM, WiktorM101 said:

SteamWorld Dig - Master Prospector. It scares me man.

Gotcha! I've started SteamWorld Dig as one of the first games I'd start going for the platinum, and some of the trophies are scary! I even dropped it since there are other games I want to platinum even more. That's sad, it's a fun game!

22 hours ago, StewartBros said:

Batman: Arkham Asylum/City

After beating the Arkham Knight game, I've tried the challenges and failed every time. After talking to my brother, which managed to get the plats for Asylum/City/Knight, I've figured out that I'm just bad at these games' combos, even though during the story I thought I was doing great! ?

-

The ones that are actually bringing tears to my eyes (not literally):

Katamary Damacy Reroll

> King of Katamari Damacy
I hate Kintaro Bear and Holy Cow so much.

Fallout 76

> Both trophies to become allies with certain factions. Toooo time demanding...

• Like 3

Currently this on Payday The Heist - No Photos 

Like the map I drew?  lol  Requires 4 people, destroy 12 cameras in 10 seconds - as soon as you draw your guns to start the heist.

My issue is that I think the Lobby person has too many cameras and it would be easier if everyone did 3.  So the cafeteria person needs to stand in middle of ground floor shoot cafeteria high camera or low in office first, then turn to high camera, they require no movement just aiming, then turn to the bank lobby and run and shoot at the camera on the far wall.

Edited by LegendExeter

got sssssoooooo close to getting the dirt 5 stuntmasta trophy just a couple of hours ago, my previous best score was 21 thousand and you need 30 for the trophy, my new best is 24 thousand but it would have been more if I didn't crash right into the wall which then knocked the bonus multiplier down :(

if by stuck you mean trophies I tried to get and gave up, I can name a few:

Just Cause 3 - "All the Gears", this is for getting 5 star on all challenges, thing is, there's a theory that the game is literally broken, that it has a memory leak that affects the game mechanics/controls, you have to learn how to play under those circumnstances compensating for it, or it's just incledibly bad controls/mechanics, either way, I won't sink more time tyring to do this, I give up

Mafia - "Made Man", this trophy is easy 99% of the game, the problem is... the race... there's a race in this game which was designed to be plyaed with a racing wheel, and when you play it with a controller, it's broken, but for some reason, the developer thought it was a good idea to keep this original "classic" mode in the game and put a trophy behind it, leaving the broken race in it, I'm not wasting time on it no more, fix your broken game or be gone

On 14/4/2022 at 5:58 AM, AJ_Radio said:

I used tweaks for all Uncharted games. Cheating? Debatable. I wasn’t going to play by their rules and get one shoted in places due to utter RNG. 

I consider it cheating, but it's more than understandable. I used em too for U1 and U3, but not U2. I still have PTSD from the train section ?

On 4/13/2022 at 9:51 PM, MonaSaxPayne said:

I haven't attempted them at all, but I can never seem to get the willpower to complete the 2 timed trial trophies in shadow of mordor dlc

Same.  I think the DLCs for that game just kind of burned me out on it.  Never once got the energy to even try a timed trial.

Persona 4: Arena

I’m stuck on Combo Crazy - in particular, Mitsuru Challenge 30.

I’ve been at this challenge on and off for a week, and I’ve gotten the first segment of that combo down semi-consistently. Now it’s just a matter of practicing the last half and then putting it all together! I feel like once I complete hers, the others won’t be as bad since she’s the only character (to my knowledge) who has charged specials.

• Like 1

Warface

Survival of the fittest

This has to be one of the most frustrating trophies ive done, you cann ONLY use 1 coin to resurrect or you are screwed otherwize

and no, earth shaker aint easy, cyber horde is a better option until wave 7 when mechs starts to appear

Edited by Ghost-Zeus514

I really want to finish Max Payne 3. My last two trophies are the ones related to New York Minute. I look at the completion rate + the horror stories in the forums + my own impatience and I think “Naa, not today.” Maybe one day I’ll get over the anxiety and go for it

Edited by KMan34

30 minutes ago, Blackbeard---X said:

Well, the one that's been buggin me for a while is 

Mortal Kombat 11No Bad Match Ups: Komplete all Strategy Tutorials

I lose my patience with it and always leave it for another day.

It’s not that hard as you might think! Remember to press the next button for the combo while you character is doing the previous one and you are good to go!

• Like 2

Finished From Shadows from my previous post. Now stuck on the last two trophies for the Plat in Paranormal Activity: The Lost Soul. Apparently, you have to complete the game in one setting without dying (loading a mid-game save even if you never die apparently doesn’t work because the devs never fixed all the bugs).

The game only takes about 25 minutes to run through if you know what you’re doing, but the controls are absolute garbage, and because of them it’s WAY too easy to die in the last room (trying to stay spoiler-free, you can be attacked if you take too long to complete the last task). I did a complete run through of the game earlier today, but of course died right after I did the second to last thing to complete the final task. Great. ?

39 minutes ago, totakos1 said:

It’s not that hard as you might think! Remember to press the next button for the combo while you character is doing the previous one and you are good to go!

Thanks mate! I was planning on working towards this trophy this week. I will follow your advice!

• Like 2

30Lcd290b.png
Monolithic Achievement :bronze:

Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony [PS4/PS Vita]
Achieved an S-Rank on Mean difficulty in TREASURE HUNTER! MONOLITH.

This is quickly becoming my number one source of stress. After countless hours wasted in futile efforts, I’m now attempting to figure out the various solvers found online.

I adore Danganronpa, but I can honestly do without the additional mini-games, which only seem to become more tedious than the last with each entry in the series (trophy-wise, that is).

Believe me, Monokuma. I’m feeling despair! Lol

Edited by SmileSlice
  • Like 2

On 13/04/2022 at 1:12 AM, LukeTheGooner said:

I have 3 main ones that are just really frustrating for me, 3 seperate games as well

The first one is a trophy on Stubbs the Zombie called "it's a real groaner!" and just like in the video below you have to 100% the dance battle, I really suck at anything to do with rhythm, what makes it even worse is that it's always random

the next one I'm stuck on is a trophy called "Stuntmasta" in Dirt 5, I've been close to getting the score but it was complete luck tbh because it was just the one time, on so many other tries I've been way off

and the last one is a trophy called "Up to the challenge" in God of War 3 remastered, I have 2 challenges left and it's the bare hands one in particular that is easily the most annoying and frustrating to complete out of the 2 remaining (haven't really tried the other one many times, but it's doable)

These are stopping me from getting 4 decent plats, Dirt 5 I can autopop after :) and gladly will after the annoyance of that trophy

so what are you stuck on?

since I posted this I have now done 2 out of the 3 :) in the last couple of days and no idea how I did them tbh

only the dance battle left but It's not going to happen because I have no rythm

• Like 1

On 12/4/2022 at 8:32 PM, Deceptrox said:

Downwell:

I haven't played it in a while but beating the boss has proved to be more challenging that it should be. Maybe I don't have the patience that I had in the past or maybe it's tougher on Vita. I made it to the last part of the battle but all my attempts had failed. I'm not yet in the mood to give it another try these days.

I managed to beat the boss on normal, I had 10 lives and 33 charge, I had noppy and got a laser during the first or second stage which made things easier. I managed to made it to the third world on hard and lost lives due to lack of oxygen. The plat is at hand now, hopefully soon.

• Like 1

• 11 months later...

Crmewsa.png

I have been trying to get this trophy for almost 100 hours, right now I'm at the Subway tunnel level, which gives a lot of money but the progress is so slow, I still have no clue how many levels there are.