Removed from leaderboards because of auto pop trophies

TJC_86

Just now, Ashande said:

If I incorrectly interpreted it as defending the OP, then mea culpa; your phrasing, when in a topic about this specific situation, came off with the interpretation that the OP is doing the right thing by fighting this.

To answer your question: depends. As I noted above, I’ve got a pair of hinky trophies (“Is There Anybody Out There” and “Calling in a Favor” from Assassin’s Creed: Valhalla, both caused by a known and common glitch; flag away if you like) that I know I did nothing wrong to cause other than playing a buggy game at launch… but if it came to a case of “delete these or else,” then my course of action would be a simple “Post in the dispute topic, once, stating “These are known to be glitched, as evidenced by [insert the dozens of forum posts talking about it], but if it’s an issue, I understand” and await whatever judgment comes, fielding questions as they come up. IE: Follow the established protocol for a dispute.

That is not, however, what the OP did. They created a second, separate topic, crafted a story that makes no sense and is full of inaccuracies (if interpreted under the kindest light), then continually altered that story as evidence came forward refuting each point. Which, in my opinion, doesn’t fall under “fighting when you did nothing wrong” and comes instead under “lie your ass off until you get your way.” But that’s just my interpretation.

Wow that's a long quote. Yeah.. I just wanted to make a counter argument to balance teams because every flag disputes a lot of people want to throw rocks and to say it's just obvious a cheater.

About your case, I understand your situation, but it's a little different from what I was referring. Which is being acused or marked as a cheater.

I play GTA V online with that fear too , and would have done the same, even it wasn't my fault.

1 minute ago, Dekaku said:

Back in the days (Gameboy days etc) there was this thing called XPloder. They have a video on youtube dated all the way back to 2008 where they advertise about their online cheat savegame database for ps3 games to get access to hidden levels, weapon unlocks etc. with "new games added daily". It is definitely possible that such a tool was in use, especially given it being more popular back then.

Xploder was definitely a big thing around 2008-2010 for 360 (if you could get it to work). I remember there being Xploder for PS3 around this time (sold by HMV, of all places), very likely Xploder could've been used but then again, I'm only going off of my ailing memory.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Mizztec said:

It's ok I'll try to clear it up for the bles game. I checked out the param.sfo file, the required ofw to play it was 02.4200 if you are on any firmware lower than that you'll just get an error and not be able to play, I hope that makes more sense >.<. 

Is this param.sfo from a save file? If so, how old is that save file you used to check? Was it a save file, saved before patches were introduced to the game?

8 minutes ago, Ashande said:

. IE: Follow the established protocol for a dispute.

Ok my turn to misread your post.

That sucks, and I hate that. I always was favor a better system to prevent what you described.

And just to finish ,I never intended to say OP was telling the true.

5 minutes ago, Starlighthed211 said:

Is this param.sfo from a save file? If so, how old is that save file you used to check? Was it a save file, saved before patches were introduced to the game?

The param was taken directly from the game itself not from a save file :) 

On 7/3/2022 at 10:14 AM, Suminya said:

Also, just for the record, I tried launching Dead Space on RPCS3 with the highest pre-2.40 firmware installed that I was able to find (2.36). The game actually boots just fine (to my surprise), but throws up an error the moment it tries to install the trophies and won't let you proceed any further.

Reveal hidden contents

KoNrh7y.png

62RZdcF.png

So even if you could bypass the firmware check on an actual PS3, the missing trophy system renders Dead Space pretty much unplayable.

Yep, FW 2.40 was 7/2/2008, and disc games compiled 2.40+ SDK won't function without installing the trophy set. You are literally hard stopped and forced to quit the game if it cannot install trophies.

I think because it's more seamless nowadays some miss this point. Many games eventually provided their own loading screen, but back then many 2008-2009 games you'd see a installing/loading trophies XMB-like screen right after the boot. Fallout 3 and many other games released around the time of Dead Space were like that.

46 minutes ago, technole said:

Yep, FW 2.40 was 7/2/2008, and disc games compiled 2.40+ SDK won't function without installing the trophy set. You are literally hard stopped and forced to quit the game if it cannot install trophies.

I think because it's more seamless nowadays some miss this point. Many games eventually provided their own loading screen, but back then many 2008-2009 games you'd see a installing/loading trophies XMB-like screen right after the boot. Fallout 3 and many other games released around the time of Dead Space were like that.

So we can say 100% that he should have the first trophies as Missing timestamp, just like my first PS3 trophy, before even create a PSN account.

Dead Space Release: 14th October 2008. 

Dead Space Leaderboard: begins with October, 2008 (RPGMagazine excluded)

My Dead Space Platin: 25th March 2009. Did "Easy" "Plasma Cutter only" run first. Not because i remember. The time stamps tell me that.

Suspects Dead Space Platin: 10th May 2009. Quote "before the trophy system was introduced to the PSN. I beat the game and found all the collectibles for the sake of in game completion, 
before the game even had a trophy list and before PSN trophies were even a thing"

Quote "After I updated the system softore on my PS3 to include the newly introduced PSN trophy system I started a new game on dead space to start earning the trophies"  <<<>>> "I was on my second playthrough at chapter 5 when I signed into my account and carried on from there."

8 hours ago, Sunnyburrito said:

Everyone acting so offended by the lifted ban when the leaderboard itself has been a joke for years.

Yep and its only getting worse. Just took me 30sec to find some cheaters. With PS3 there is a lot of cheaters, also lots of CFW users, with CFW I've noticed it's mostly every game is hacked and the trophies are always unlocked far apart and Plat in 2013/14. The site needs a complete overhaul of the leaderboards. 

I've recently been climbing the PS3 leaderboard and i constantly go down because of newly added cheaters. Would love to know where i actually am with all the cheats removed.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, janpham said:

[snip]

Suspects Dead Space Platin: 10th May 2009. Quote "before the trophy system was introduced to the PSN. I beat the game and found all the collectibles for the sake of in game completion, 
before the game even had a trophy list and before PSN trophies were even a thing"

[snip]

It is impossible to start/play Dead Space on PS3 without the Trophy System installed on the PS3.

For now, just keep TJC_86 on the leaderboards but have him hide Dead Space.

We give this guy the benefit of the doubt, but he isn't allowed to keep this highly suspicious list. Isn't that the best of both worlds?

OP even asked how to hide the game, so can we help him do that?

He should have to hide the list, even if it was an accident.

Or else,

at the very least, everyone who joined a hacked lobby on Grand Theft Auto 5 by accident etc, they should be allowed to unhide that game if he gets to keep Dead Space.

Edited by enaysoft
  • Like 3

21 minutes ago, GUDGER666 said:

Yep and its only getting worse. Just took me 30sec to find some cheaters. With PS3 there is a lot of cheaters, also lots of CFW users, with CFW I've noticed it's mostly every game is hacked and the trophies are always unlocked far apart and Plat in 2013/14. The site needs a complete overhaul of the leaderboards. 

I've recently been climbing the PS3 leaderboard and i constantly go down because of newly added cheaters. Would love to know where i actually am with all the cheats removed.

Mind elaborating what you mean with unlocking Trophies far apart? Its not uncommon for people to get back to old games after years of hiatus due to stuff like the announcement of server closures for multiplayer mode, or am I misunderstanding something?

1 minute ago, Dekaku said:

Mind elaborating what you mean with unlocking Trophies far apart? Its not uncommon for people to get back to old games after years of hiatus due to stuff like the announcement of server closures for multiplayer mode, or am I misunderstanding something?

means something like trophy that should earn the platinum unlocks at 5:30 PM on 3/25 while platinum pops at 10:15 5/31

Just now, Dekaku said:

The far apart is irrelevant, it was just a similarity. My main point is CFW users mostly have the Plats in 2013/14. And sometimes at the exact same time as others. I spotted multiple accounts a while ago that was all one person (they all shower and as New on the leaderboard), all the games were the same and trophies unlocked at the same time. I reported them but only 1 was eventually removed.

Also not long ago watched someone rise to the top of the PS3 leaderboard, every day lots of newly added PS3 Plats from 2013/14. 

Here is an example. I won't name anyone but its obvious who you need to look at on the latest achievers. https://psnprofiles.com/trophy/482-pro-evolution-soccer-2010/26-winning-streakonline

11 minutes ago, GUDGER666 said:

Here is an example. I won't name anyone but its obvious who you need to look at on the latest achievers. https://psnprofiles.com/trophy/482-pro-evolution-soccer-2010/26-winning-streakonline

Wow that's funny , I pick one user, and the first game I clicked, very unique btw, wheel of fortune, which I have and played, it's all messed up.

It's too easy to arrest.(but he already is, I think)

21 minutes ago, Rick_Sanchez said:

then the leaderboards are meaningless. 

13 minutes ago, HoorayForTyler said:

People joke around nowadays saying the leaderboards have been meaningless for awhile now bc of ezpz plats, but when talking about the site’s rules in regards to what constitutes a flag…they’re not even following them.

And this is why you should use TT if you care about numbers and LB standings.

PSNP tried with parcitipation ribbons or some dumb shit but I think most would prefer numbers and True sites do that.

• Like 1