obligatory trophy thoughts thread

MonaSaxPayne

11 minutes ago, The Alchemist said:

Is it just me or is anyone else having trouble with the can't catch me trophy that you can get early on in the story? I've tried and failed 20+ times now. I can manage to get near the end, but then I always get jumped by one of those things. The AI seems really inconsistent as well, because sometimes I can get to that same part no problem and other times I'll fail really early on due to something stupid. Something else I've noticed a few times now is that sometimes those things will suddenly latch onto you from behind and it comes out of nowhere, almost as if one just spawns right on you. I'm not talking about a nearby one jumping on you, like I'll get past a section and then out of nowhere I'll get jumped. I don't know if it's glitched or just shoddy work on this particular section. 

I really hate this trophy. I find it hard to believe that anyone at the dev managed to do this consistently. I don't know why devs always insist on including one annoying trophy in what otherwise is meant to be an easy and relaxing experience. I don't mind difficult trophies, I just don't like when one gets thrown in for apparently no reason. And at least make it skill based. It takes pure luck to get through this section. I don't mean to rant about a single trophy, one which in the scheme of things isn't even that difficult compared to other trophies out there, it's just annoying lol. 

Hi mate!!

Agree, it has rng elements to it as the jumps and landing are random and inconsistent.

There isnt a solid way to do this, and I tried brute forcing wall running (along the sides) but it seemed to force spawn the zurks head on and they hit you everytime. Zig zagging is the better way, but its not bomb proof as the controlling of Stray is almost not deisgned to be used in that way as it lacks the fluidity.

Persistence and  a bit of luck are what you need and fingers crossed it happens. I bet once yoi get the trophy, you'll run it flawlessly everytime haha! Bloody trophies.

1 hour ago, The Alchemist said:

Is it just me or is anyone else having trouble with the can't catch me trophy that you can get early on in the story?..... 

Yep i downloaded the game for cats and for calming but now i am stuck on this trophy lol.

I always get stuck at the narrowest alley where there are funguses on the left wall.

I will not play games anymore which unsuitable for me. Enough is enough.

I am getting old :)

finally got it after 1 hour

Edited by thesahinonur
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, The Alchemist said:

Is it just me or is anyone else having trouble with the can't catch me trophy that you can get early on in the story? I've tried and failed 20+ times now. I can manage to get near the end, but then I always get jumped by one of those things. The AI seems really inconsistent as well, because sometimes I can get to that same part no problem and other times I'll fail really early on due to something stupid. Something else I've noticed a few times now is that sometimes those things will suddenly latch onto you from behind and it comes out of nowhere, almost as if one just spawns right on you. I'm not talking about a nearby one jumping on you, like I'll get past a section and then out of nowhere I'll get jumped. I don't know if it's glitched or just shoddy work on this particular section. 

I really hate this trophy. I find it hard to believe that anyone at the dev managed to do this consistently. I don't know why devs always insist on including one annoying trophy in what otherwise is meant to be an easy and relaxing experience. I don't mind difficult trophies, I just don't like when one gets thrown in for apparently no reason. And at least make it skill based. It takes pure luck to get through this section. I don't mean to rant about a single trophy, one which in the scheme of things isn't even that difficult compared to other trophies out there, it's just annoying lol. 

Zig zagging obviously works, but I'm convinced it's mostly down to luck because there's no consistency in what section I get caught on. Gonna do this one in chapter because it's really sapping my enjoyment already. Sort of cruel to put what looks like the only hard trophy right up front.

22 hours ago, Optinooby said:

9am I think whatever your timezone is.

I'm just guessing because I'm UK and if I go onto the actual UK webpage for this game, there is a countdown to release which will finish at 8am!!

Bit if a bummer but at least I guess we know what time games released in this same fashion will release in the future. Or I guess when the Extra/Premium games get added, at 8am.

It may be a case by case basis thing though because I'm sure some PS+ Day 1 releases in the past went live at midnight........

It went live for me at 9 am and I'm in Canada. I got a notification that an item I had in my wishlist was now on sale so I think an overall update to the store happens at that time. 

Unfortunately I can't play until 4pm which is less than an hour though!!!! 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Admiral_Sanu said:

Zig zagging obviously works, but I'm convinced it's mostly down to luck because there's no consistency in what section I get caught on. Gonna do this one in chapter because it's really sapping my enjoyment already. Sort of cruel to put what looks like the only hard trophy right up front.

I sometimes get caught in odd parts, but usually I can do it all consistently except for that narrow alley where they jump down from the nest on the left.

That part is just daft (well it all is but), you don't get enough space to avoid them and almost anything I do, I'm likely to get caught.

3 hours ago, Optinooby said:

I sometimes get caught in odd parts, but usually I can do it all consistently except for that narrow alley where they jump down from the nest on the left.

That part is just daft (well it all is but), you don't get enough space to avoid them and almost anything I do, I'm likely to get caught.

I just started playing this with a bit of messing about I found a consistent method in these tight spots where people seem to be failing this trophy. If you hug the wall and zig zag just before you get close to the zurks they always seem to miss you or at at least they did for me, I purposely kept restarting checkpoint to test and every time in the 3 alleyways and tight spots hugging the wall and zig zagging just before getting really close to the zurks they always missed me with their jump and then zig zagging while running in general to avoid them for the other sections.

Edited by SzzMN
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, The Alchemist said:

I couldn't agree more!
This trophy is incomprehensible given the art direction and atmosphere of the game.  But it's the luck part of this trophy that makes it really detestable lol

Fortunately, the rest of the game is a pure joy, in terms of gameplay, sound design, music or graphics, Blue Twelve Studios has done a damn good job, I'm proud of my little French developers whose headquarters are a hundred kilometers from my home :) 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Optinooby said:

I eventually had much more success going down the stairs to the right instead of up to the left. It takes some sharp cutting to get around that swarm that comes directly from the stairs, but then you have a significantly easier path for the last two sections.

• Like 1

Guys, does anybody know for how long will this game be available?
If you press "Options"and go to the "information" tab it says 13 days left...
I actually check my other games (under premium sub) like Syphon Filter and Resident Evil 1 and all of them say 13 days left. btw my subscription last until march 2025 so it cant be they are expiring.
what Im asking is, does Stray only last for 2 weeks?

I'm stuck in Elliot's house (needs a cloth/poncho). I don't have it yet, and cannot get out. Door is closed. What can I do?

E. Had to scratch the curtain.

8 hours ago, veinte-justo said:

Guys, does anybody know for how long will this game be available?
I actually check my other games (under premium sub) like Syphon Filter and Resident Evil 1 and all of them say 13 days left. btw my subscription last until march 2025 so it cant be they are expiring.

Are you offline? That would explain it. Have to connect to servers every 2 weeks to keep plus games.

Great game! Just what we need. As good as Forbidden West imo, and not too long.

Edited by J-Isoniemi

11 hours ago, FocusDR said:

What does everyone think about this game in terms of the gameplay itself? 
I love cats 1f606.png don’t really want to watch any gameplay but I’d like to know how people are enjoying or not enjoying the game 

I highly recommend it to anyone who loves cats. I enjoyed it a lot, a few tricky sections but they did a great job IMO.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EightBitArtist said:

real missed opportunity by the devs to have the platinum be called Catinum and not the generic All Done

Agree. The platinum art is generic as f also. I'm loving the game (minus the cant catch me trophy), but it also bother me how developers don't care much about trophies. Two trophies also are in the wrong color. 

• Like 2

And as per usual, the hard trophies are getting the usual complaints from those who can’t earn them in their first 50 attempts. 

Mein Leben from Wolfenstein 2 and Infallible from Fall Guys really set the tone for this trophy hunting community. 

Because this game literally just came out the other day, the more vocal of us trophy hunters have to point out the difficulty. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, AJ_Radio said:

And as per usual, the hard trophies are getting the usual complaints from those who can’t earn them in their first 50 attempts. 

Mein Leben from Wolfenstein 2 and Infallible from Fall Guys really set the tone for this trophy hunting community. 

Because this game literally just came out the other day, the more vocal of us trophy hunters have to point out the difficulty. 

Ha! I knew the speed run trophy and Can't Catch Me! would trigger the participation award mob. Just give me the platinum damn it!

I was absolutely hyped for this game, and the trophy list has been totally irrelevant to how much I've enjoyed playing it. It's an absolute essential for any cat lovers and it's a nifty little game regardless. Agree with others though that they could have give it a jazzier platinum name and image ?

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, ScintillaWolf said:

Ha! I knew the speed run trophy and Can't Catch Me! would trigger the participation award mob. Just give me the platinum damn it!

I was absolutely hyped for this game, and the trophy list has been totally irrelevant to how much I've enjoyed playing it. It's an absolute essential for any cat lovers and it's a nifty little game regardless. Agree with others though that they could have give it a jazzier platinum name and image 1f602.png

I’m not going to say I’m perfectly fine with all difficulty related trophies as I had issues with Matterfall regarding Master difficulty. But I know that Housemarque games are typically hard because of their game design. In the end, I’m giving it around a 7/10 in difficulty. 

A good number of people complaining have over half of their trophy count consisting of common trophies. Multiple stacks of two to six games of the same title on their account, which mind you, you have to pay more than once because they’re regional stacks. 

This is Fall Guys all over again, and it’s just tiring to read the same complaints over and over because people want to earn the platinum as quickly as humanly possible before moving on to the next game. 

They’ve been spoiled.

Edited by AJ_Radio
  • Like 2

I find it utterly ridiculous that people can't share their annoyances about a particular trophy in a thread titled "trophy thoughts" without having to deal with the usual elitist drivel being spouted, from people who haven't even played the game in question no less. Jesus fucking Christ like... Complaining about people complaining. Do you not see the irony in that? I don't think that anyone here has went particularly overboard with their grievances. It's a dumb trophy because it's mostly luck based and the game's controls aren't particularly suited to the requirements either. People have the right to moan about it. Who cares if the game is a day old or a decade old. It doesn't make the trophy any better. It isn't as if people are starting petitions to get it removed or anything. 

But of course we have the usual crap being spouted. If it isn't Mein Leben or Fall Guys, you know, two extremes on the trophy spectrum, we don't have a right to complain. We're all just babies wanting our platinums handed to us I guess. What the fuck are you even shitting on about!?. Fuck me... ?

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, The Alchemist said:

I find it utterly ridiculous that people can't share their annoyances about a particular trophy in a thread titled "trophy thoughts" without having to deal with the usual elitist drivel being spouted, from people who haven't even played the game in question no less. Jesus fucking Christ like... Complaining about people complaining. Do you not see the irony in that? I don't think that anyone here has went particularly overboard with their grievances. It's a dumb trophy because it's mostly luck based and the game's controls aren't particularly suited to the requirements either. People have the right to moan about it. Who cares if the game is a day old or a decade old. It doesn't make the trophy any better. It isn't as if people are starting petitions to get it removed or anything. 

But of course we have the usual crap being spouted. If it isn't Mein Leben or Fall Guys, you know, two extremes on the trophy spectrum, we don't have a right to complain. We're all just babies wanting our platinums handed to us I guess. What the fuck are you even shitting on about!?. Fuck me... 1f644.png

Because that's exactly what's happening here. And it's why a number of people who used to post frequently on these forums have stopped posting altogether.

Fall Guys even had Brian of PS5Trophies fame (last I checked he had nearly a million subscribers on his YouTube channel) try to convince the developers on Twitter to change the Infallible trophy because it just wasn't fair enough. I lost all respect for the guy once he posted his drivel.

I don't give a fuck what you do, but it's utterly tiring to see games like this, that are new and relevant, get the usual complaints. I'm a baby too because I made a legitimate rant on a game I just finished the other day so I guess in some ways that makes me a hypocrite.

I'm spewing crap and here you are angry and ranting yourself. It's amazing how fickle people are in this community, you say one thing wrong and suddenly the pitchforks come out.

If it pisses you off that much, then simply drop the game and move on. That's the reality. We shouldn't be handed participation awards for everything. Whatever.

On 7/20/2022 at 1:19 AM, veinte-justo said:

No, you'll have access to it as long as your subscription is current and the game remains in the extra tier. The game will always indicate 13 days remaining on your license every time you turn on your PS, as long as your console is connected to the internet (check it out a few days in a row, it'll keep updating). The 13 day limit only applies if you take your console offline.

12 minutes ago, AJ_Radio said:

Fall Guys even had Brian of PS5Trophies fame (last I checked he had nearly a million subscribers on his YouTube channel) try to convince the developers on Twitter to change the Infallible trophy because it just wasn't fair enough. I lost all respect for the guy once he posted his drivel.

You're not giving the full context here. The reason he did that is because the lead developer (Joe Walsh) did an AMA and said he thought the trophy was so insanely difficult that it would never be unlocked. In other words, they INTENDED to put a presumably unobtainable trophy in their list. Why put a trophy in the trophy list if you plan for nobody to earn it? Brian was right to call them out on that. It wasn't drivel.

https://youtu.be/CKKOeo7sseM

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ZitMeatloaf said:

You're not giving the full context here. The reason he did that is because the lead developer (Joe Walsh) did an AMA and said he thought the trophy was so insanely difficult that it would never be unlocked. In other words, they INTENDED to put a presumably unobtainable trophy in their list. Why put a trophy in the trophy list if you plan for nobody to earn it? Brian was right to call them out on that. It wasn't drivel.

https://youtu.be/CKKOeo7sseM

It was drivel. It reminded me how vocal we are when it comes to trophies. Developers do not have to cater to trophy hunters. That's something many of us are missing on. The huge backlash on Twitter regarding this one trophy was just unbelievable.

I'm sure people are going to post their tips and tricks for obtaining the hard trophies in Stray in due time on YouTube, if they haven't done so already. The game too stressful, too hard for you? Then move on.