The all new PlayStation Stars loyalty program (Stars are not NFTs)

The_Kopite

2 hours ago, czDante92 said:

Did you preorder the games before you registered in Stars? And can you please post the reply from Sony?

this is what I got from them before I even subscribed to Stars, 

02395-D0-A-1-B48-4-E37-91-D2-F5-D6-B93-E

It says I’ll get points because I’m a PS+ member and do not need to cancel. At first I thought points will get added as soon as I register and when the game get released I’ll get bonus campaign available for limited time to complete and earn more points. But I think they meant that I’ll get points when I complete the campaign since I pre ordered it, it will be a special one. I assume.  

Edited by ZEE11W
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, ZEE11W said:

this is what I got from them before I even subscribed to Stars, 

02395-D0-A-1-B48-4-E37-91-D2-F5-D6-B93-E

It says I’ll get points because I’m a PS+ member and do not need to cancel. At first I thought points will get added as soon as I register and when the game get released I’ll get bonus campaign available for limited time to complete and earn more points. But I think they meant that I’ll get points when I complete the campaign since I pre ordered it, it will be a special one. I assume.  

Thanks for the info, that's good to know.

Just a quick question... has anyone else had trouble completing the "Playstation Store Picks"  campaign? I bought "Inscryption" a few days ago, but I'm still stuck at 0% completion.

It's literally the only collectible I haven't been able to claim yet. I just hit level 4 on Monday, so I don't think I'm too low for it if that was the problem. Any insight would be great. Thanks.

5 minutes ago, Toxik_Angel187 said:

Just a quick question... has anyone else had trouble completing the "Playstation Store Picks"  campaign? I bought "Inscryption" a few days ago, but I'm still stuck at 0% completion.

It's literally the only collectible I haven't been able to claim yet. I just hit level 4 on Monday, so I don't think I'm too low for it if that was the problem. Any insight would be great. Thanks.

I had no issues when I bought Inscryption yesterday. I did buy it from the app, not from the PS5 and I got credit the moment I confirmed my payment. There were a lot of bug reports the first few days and I would imagine you will need to try and buy something else on the list to trigger the campaign flag. It is also possible that Sony support may be able to tell you if they plan on reviewing their database to find and fix this issue. I'm sure everything has a date/time stamp in their database. I assume their tables are complex to holy hell and back, but it shouldn't be that hard to pull in DTTM for signing up for Stars and comparing that with a DTTM for purchases and mass updating their database. 

5 hours ago, iamthedotcom said:

I'm actually curious about this too. Still early days and this is likely going to be a very niche group of people that would even ask that question so I doubt we will find anything yet. My personal pet theory is there will be some very time exclusive items, but given their rarity system, I think everything will get recycled. Only their rarity will determine how often it gets put in a campaign. I'd hope they would list any collectible as "one-time" if they don't ever plan to reuse it but who knows. 

I guess we could start a list of any missions any of us see. Below are the campaigns I can see as of 10/13/22 - Level 2 Stars Program: 

• Hit Play/1994
  • October Check-in
  • The World Warrior's Challenge
  • This Day is Bananas
  • PS Store Picks
  • PS VR BRB

Does anyone see any others on their app?

My current campaigns are:
-PlayStation Store Picks

-This Day is Bananas

-October Check-in

-The World Warrior's Challenge

-Hit Play/1994

-PlayStation and You: PS3

What are the details of PS VR BRB?

I do not have that one in my list

Two questions:

The World Warrior's Challenge - how to unlock it? I played MK11. Won some SP battles, won online versus battles - nothing. ?.

- Hit Play/1994 - Are "Heavy Rain" and "Uncharted 4" currently glitched? Or you need to run specific versions of those games?

Thanks in advance. In the meanwhile I will try to go through al 18 pages to look, if maybe such isues were already mentioned.

15 minutes ago, Smashero said:

The World Warrior's Challenge - how to unlock it? I played MK11. Won some SP battles, won online versus battles - nothing. ?.

I booted up Tekken 7 and just let it get to the main menu. Did not even play the game at all and it unlocked it for me.

15 minutes ago, Smashero said:

- Hit Play/1994 - Are "Heavy Rain" and "Uncharted 4" currently glitched? Or you need to run specific versions of those games?

I booted up both games from the PS4 discs just to the main menus without playing them and the app marked it as completed for me.

Although, my app says I have completed the campaign 100% but did not actually award me the Sony Chord Machine collectible.

Edited by Jeul_Dragon
  • Like 1

Got my telescope, T. Rex, and banana boomerang... and that's about as far as I'm going to go for a while, and honestly I'm quite happy just to have those collectibles. I have no intention of turning this into another full-time hobby. I'm not going to start up a bunch of games I have no intention of playing just so I can make progress towards earning these little trinkets, not to mention I don't own a lot of the games in question to begin with. I'll also be stuck on level 1 for quite some time, as I rarely buy anything on the store these days, and I'm not going to buy cheap crap just to level up quick. 

Overall, though, I'm quite happy with the service thus far. It isn't perfect, or even all that exciting if I'm being honest, but I'd much rather have it than have nothing at all. It's free, Sony didn't force me to take part, and I get some cool digital collectibles every now and again, mostly for doing tasks I'd already be doing regardless. How could anyone complain about that? 

• Like 4

Just now, Jeul_Dragon said:

...cut...

Thanks a lot for your answer! 
-I was starting MK11 from the PLUS collection - no award.

-Same with HR and U4 - tried those versions from PS+ - also nothing. Other games (Death Stranding, Detroit and Until Dawn from Plus worked just fine - still Returnal to check).

It's all over the place atm, here's my experience:
MK 11 - streaming didn't work, download worked.
Returnal - had it installed on the PS5 actually, worked, but took at least 5 minues to unlock.
Death Stranding - streaming PS4 version didn't work, downloading DC PS5 version worked.
Until Dawn, Heavy Rain, Detroit - worked flawlessly streamed, unlocked seconds after booting.
Uncharted 4 - neither streamed, downloaded or disc version worked so far, started campaign and played for about 5 minutes each, nothing. Hopefully will wake up tomorrow and it will be unlocked.

Weirdest thing is how PS App properly tracked all games, yet Stars, which is part of the app, is having a problem with every other game and there isn't any rhyme or reason about it either.

• Like 1

I think this rewards system is stupid. It’s really just a bunch of participation awards just for logging in and booting up certain games. 

Something like complete this game under said condition would be more rewarding. But that’s why we have trophies. 

I don’t know. Not a fan of it.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Cryogenicide_X said:

Does anyone know how to get the PS3 collectable?

mQrJJQx.jpg

That campaign isn't even showing up on the app for me. I wonder if some of these "Campaigns" are region based? Only new Campaign I see is the Banana one, but the objective is that same... weird. 

1 hour ago, Jeul_Dragon said:

I booted up Tekken 7 and just let it get to the main menu. Did not even play the game at all and it unlocked it for me.

The World Warrior's Challenge:
MK11 downloaded on PS4 - didn't work.

Downloaded version for PS5 - got it during booting. Thanks :]

I have the PS3, it was the first campaign that appeared to me back in September.

Screenshot-20221013-103708.jpg

Also very important, PS Stars is region locked.

Campaigns that require you to play any game (like the banana and T Rex) are not region locked

- You can play any game (region doesn't matter) and it should count.

But the campaigns that require you to play specific games (like the Toro and the 1994) are region locked

- Games have to be from the same region as your account.

Example: JP PS4 (physical and digital) Death Stranding counts for JP account but doesn't for NA account