The all new PlayStation Stars loyalty program (Stars are not NFTs)

The_Kopite

The game rewards really are an IQ test, I don't think there's been one yet (for the UK at least) where you would be getting better value by redeeming your points on them rather than using the points for wallet funds and then buying the game like that

• Like 3

On 6/5/2023 at 11:47 PM, MD_91 said:

The game rewards really are an IQ test, I don't think there's been one yet (for the UK at least) where you would be getting better value by redeeming your points on them rather than using the points for wallet funds and then buying the game like that

The first 3 games listed for Rewards for me are Enter the Gungeon, Cuphead, and A Short Hike. EtG is worth 2500 points (or $10USD worth of points) and is priced at $14.99. Cuphead is worth 5000 points ($20USD) and is priced at $19.99. ASH is 2000 points ($8USD) and is priced at $7.99 (though currently on sale for $5.19). 

1/3 is better to redeem points than Wallet Funds, and 2/3 are the exact same value (with the temporary exception to ASH).

• Like 1

The only time I could see using points to buy a game instead of wallet $ is if you really want said game and the point equivalent is the same as the cost on the Store.

I assume if you use points to get a game, then you don't have to pay tax on it, whereas buying it with funds always charge tax now. At least where I am, I get charged 12% tax on anything I buy digitally, so if I could save a couple bucks by using points, I'd do it! Granted, I'm not interested in any of the games available right now, so I'm saving my points for PSN $$ ?

New Fight of the Month Club collectible (June, 8):

FyD6OIeXwAEIGzm?format=jpg&name=medium

That's Kasumi's (DoA) silhouette on the side of the cabinet.

actor-kasumi-dead-or-alive-577898_large.jpg?1666918025

Requirements:

new-collectible-vida-loco-fight-of-the-month-club-v0-0ykltislem4b1.png?width=1080&crop=smart&auto=webp&v=enabled&s=493fd9f7c05f08d13685170fdc43d1a377642a62

Reminder that Soulcalibur VI is part of the Extra catalog, can be streamed with Premium.

> Regarding the new display cases, the PS Blog states they will be "releasing throughout the month".

• Like 3

20 hours ago, BIOHAZARD-R-US said:

The first 3 games listed for Rewards for me are Enter the Gungeon, Cuphead, and A Short Hike. EtG is worth 2500 points (or $10USD worth of points) and is priced at $14.99. Cuphead is worth 5000 points ($20USD) and is priced at $19.99. ASH is 2000 points ($8USD) and is priced at $7.99 (though currently on sale for $5.19). 

1/3 is better to redeem points than Wallet Funds, and 2/3 are the exact same value (with the temporary exception to ASH).

In this case, Enter the Gungeon is probably at the same price or cheaper during sales (like 5$), with the added that the game was made free during two months in 2021, so most people that would like to own it already have it, with the exception of new players

• 2 weeks later...
On 20/5/2023 at 2:48 AM, LastMinuteSavior said:

FwiIjxPWYAMcpy4?format=jpg&name=900x900

Solutions:

• Honey > Bee Simulator

• Around The World > LittleBigPlanet 3

• The Freshmen > Life is Strange

• Fly x Song No. 2 > Gravity Rush 2

• One Headlight > Days Gone

• Acuarela > Chicory

currently only working with US version of the game.

Also works by streaming the games (Premium members).

Right now, EU version for Littlebigplanet 3 works, i just got the collectible.

Edited by SpectralBWolf
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, ZZ383 said:

I haven't seen points reward for playing PS+Essential games for June.  Is this the same for everyone?

There's a 50 points reward for playing NBA 2K23. They did the same with Meet your Maker two months back.

Probably an attempt to boost multiplayer.

For me that boils down to "Hey, download the one game of the line-up you want to play the least!",  to which I refuse.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, shadaik said:

There's a 50 points reward for playing NBA 2K23. They did the same with Meet your Maker two months back.

Probably an attempt to boost multiplayer.

For me that boils down to "Hey, download the one game of the line-up you want to play the least!",  to which I refuse.

Yes but you can always do what I do in cases like this where you download the game enough until it’s partially playable, launch it with the challenge activated, close the game once the challenge completes, delete the game, carry on my wayward son

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BIOHAZARD-R-US said:

Yes but you can always do what I do in cases like this where you download the game enough until it’s partially playable, launch it with the challenge activated, close the game once the challenge completes, delete the game, carry on my wayward son

Just out of curiosity, how much space is needed for the partial install? The only reason I haven't done this campaign yet is because I heard the game takes 150+GB!

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Jerry_Appleby said:

Just out of curiosity, how much space is needed for the partial install? The only reason I haven't done this campaign yet is because I heard the game takes 150+GB!

So the PS+ game is both the PS4 and PS5 versions. I started downloading the PS4 version since the file size was like 42GB. Once the download surpassed 7 or 8GB it was “ready to play” so I launched it, got the reward, cancelled the download and deleted the game.

15 minutes ago, BIOHAZARD-R-US said:

So the PS+ game is both the PS4 and PS5 versions. I started downloading the PS4 version since the file size was like 42GB. Once the download surpassed 7 or 8GB it was “ready to play” so I launched it, got the reward, cancelled the download and deleted the game.

42 is doable for me! I only have around 50gb free currently so if I had to delete half my backlog I probably wouldn't bother with this one for this month, but this sounds a lot nicer, especially since I would only need to wait for <10 GB to start it!

8 minutes ago, Jerry_Appleby said:

42 is doable for me! I only have around 50gb free currently so if I had to delete half my backlog I probably wouldn't bother with this one for this month, but this sounds a lot nicer, especially since I would only need to wait for <10 GB to start it!

If you only have 50GB free you might still need to delete something before the download will start. I’m not 100% certain but I’ve always been under the impression that you need about 1.5x/2x free space for what you’re downloading because not the copy process. If you’re downloading 42GB you might need 84GB free. Not certain though. Try it first and if it fails your system will tell you how much free space you’ll need to start the download.