The all new PlayStation Stars loyalty program (Stars are not NFTs)

The_Kopite

On 2/28/2023 at 7:45 PM, Jacko_the_lad said:

Urgh. New PS5 Store Picks on Stars and one of them is a game I bought last month, so won't get the points. 1f621.png

They should do the picks retroactively (not like you can buy the game again)

Over here in the US, WBSC baseball is on the list and is only $1, so I bought that.

11 minutes ago, Jacko_the_lad said:

Anyone else had a notification about Plus subscription points not being added?

I did wonder why I didn't get any points when I renewed my subscription in December.

I got it last night.  

This service is surely broken. Every month things are not unlocking as they should. Sooooo random. And u never know if it's ever gonna be fixed eventually. This month, for example, although I have played Tekken 7 for a couple of hours, the Game Catalog: Must-play this March has been bugged for me. 

Edited by DION3TO

6 minutes ago, DION3TO said:

This service is surely broken. Every month things are not unlocking as they should. Sooooo random. And u never know if it's ever gonna be fixed eventually. This month, for example, although I have played Tekken 7 for a couple of hours, the Game Catalog: Must-play this March is bugged for me. 

Speaking for myself, I don't generally have any problems.  I tend to use SFV on PS4 each month to unlock the monthly campaigns. 

Are you trying Tekken on PS5? I've heard PS5 users experience issues.

I used terraria and DB Fighter Z for this months campaigns.

Edited by MySenkai
  • Like 1

I almost never had troubles with unlocking the dioramas and I always used Tekken 7, so, it's not related to the actual game. 

Only diorama that actually didn't pop up instantly was the Festival of Play one.

So, this is just another proof that the system was implemented without even being tested and still has tons of bugs..

24 minutes ago, MySenkai said:

They should do the picks retroactively (not like you can buy the game again)

Over here in the US, WBSC baseball is on the list and is only $1, so I bought that.

I contacted support to see if they could do anything, but was told that the rewards only apply in the specified time-period. So if you buy it before or after, it's tough shit, basically.

What's odd is that they didn't put games like PowerWash Simulator and Season in the February picks, given that they came out at the end of January. I'm not going to wait a whole month to buy a game I want just in case it shows up on PS Stars.

I don't get how people who pre-order a game or play the game on release miss out on points. They need to clean that up. I missed on buy The Witcher 3 in January (Played it day 1 in December), buy Dead Space in February (I pre-ordered in January and played it in January), etc...

Just watch...you'll see buy Resident Evil 4 remake in April for points even though most of us pre-ordered and will play it in March. 

Also, by the way I have a -123 point balance because I pre-ordered Star Wars: Jedi Survivor back in December...and since it got pushed to an April release, my money was refunded back and my points were subtracted. Was hoping I could get away with earning points two times for the same purchase but they locked that down...hahaha. 

Got a PS3 one today. It was just for playing a PS4 or PS5 game, and popped right at the start of the menu and gave me a PS3 collectable. Clicking on the collectable says this one was released in September 2022, so no idea why it took this long to get to me. 

• Like 1

On 3/4/2023 at 7:12 PM, ZEE11W said:

Horizon forbidden west star challenge won’t unlock for me. Played the game got all trophies required but nothing registered. Played on PS4. 

Same here got “attended the embassy” trophy but it’s not checked off on the app. Any fix?

On 3/6/2023 at 9:19 PM, Viper said:

Got a PS3 one today. It was just for playing a PS4 or PS5 game, and popped right at the start of the menu and gave me a PS3 collectable. Clicking on the collectable says this one was released in September 2022, so no idea why it took this long to get to me. 

I got mine around a week ago. Was surprised, but happy I didn't miss out on it!

20 minutes ago, GUDGER666 said:

I've given up on this, missed loads of collectibles due to it been broken. Still not got any this month apart from get 50 coins for buying something. 

Make sure your app is updated to the most recent version. Also close and reopen the app fully between each use, don't leave it running in the background. Whenever I have problems with not getting a campaign this seems to work. Usually within a day or two the campaigns show up.

Edited by Sendai-Horatio

On 3/4/2023 at 7:12 PM, ZEE11W said:

Horizon forbidden west star challenge won’t unlock for me. Played the game got all trophies required but nothing registered. Played on PS4. 

3 hours ago, BadCoolRad said:

Same here got “attended the embassy” trophy but it’s not checked off on the app. Any fix?

Did either of you get this sorted? I finished all 6 trophies, playing the PS4 version on my PS5, and none registered on the app.

2 hours ago, DesmaBR said:

You did activate the task before doing it?

Yes, it is active on my phone, but none of the trophies register.

On 2/17/2023 at 7:22 AM, Jacko_the_lad said:

Do they still sell avatars on the store? I've not seen any for years, apart from the ones that sometimes come with game purchases.

Yes they do! but not from the current generation console. You can still buy them from all the legacy machines/ps store like Vita, PS3, and PS4 but Sony removed access to them on PS5 and Webstore. Some games on PS5 have their own ingame link to the ps store with avatars you can buy and get. An ex. would be like the recent King of Fighters XV has a ingame link to more than 2 dozen free avatars!!!

3 hours ago, diskdocx said:

Did either of you get this sorted? I finished all 6 trophies, playing the PS4 version on my PS5, and none registered on the app.

no almost got the platinum for it on PS4 nothing registered. I already 100% PS5 version. 

4 hours ago, diskdocx said:

Apparently from other forum posts online, only the PS5 version will count for some ridiculous reason even though the app doesn’t tell you that. If I autopop from ps4 to ps5 this way with only a few trophies first, can I come back at a later time with the platinum and then autopop that way?

For the A Gift from the Past collectible for Forbidden West, I just managed to get it all unlocked without any problems on my PS5. Strangely enough though, my last objective was Earn "Obtained 3 Stripes at a Hunting Ground" trophy which completed after my first hunt, despite the trophy not unlocking. I went ahead and completed 2 more hunts and the trophy itself then popped just fine, but I found it very strange how the objective completed before the trophy. Could be that I got the highest rank on the first trials, or it could be something else entirely. 

9 hours ago, BadCoolRad said:

Apparently from other forum posts online, only the PS5 version will count for some ridiculous reason even though the app doesn’t tell you that. If I autopop from ps4 to ps5 this way with only a few trophies first, can I come back at a later time with the platinum and then autopop that way?

That's lame. I don't want to deal with the PS5 version at this time, so I'm just going to skip the collectible.

1 hour ago, diskdocx said:

That's lame. I don't want to deal with the PS5 version at this time, so I'm just going to skip the collectible.

You can autopop it by using the import save from ps4 to the ps5 version once I did that the collectible popped up immediately. I think you can also import the save when you get the platinum for ps4 version.