The all new PlayStation Stars loyalty program (Stars are not NFTs)

The_Kopite

4 hours ago, LastMinuteSavior said:

There's a post about it on Reddit, seems like a bunch of people just got that PS Home one.

You probably also got the ones for the fight club arcade cabinet, the battle royale chicken dinner, and the hard game club, right?

What was the 5th one, G-man?

Those 4 and I got one for playing Dead Space, actually that might be from last month. 

I like those Arcade Cabinet ones, got 7 now, I wanna fill my Cabinet with them. 

23 minutes ago, GUDGER666 said:

I like those Arcade Cabinet ones, got 7 now, I wanna fill my Cabinet with them. 

You're such a fucking contrarian ?

So many cool things they could turn into a collectible from the Blades of Chaos to the Drifter Bike from Days Gone and they just keep stalling with these monthly reskins and slight variations of chicken dinners and nest stadiums.

Edit: Goddamnit. Just saw your Stars cabinet and you weren't kidding.

2 hours ago, LastMinuteSavior said:

You're such a fucking contrarian 1f602.png

I had to look that word up lol. 

So many cool things they could turn into a collectible from the Blades of Chaos to the Drifter Bike from Days Gone and they just keep stalling with these monthly reskins and slight variations of chicken dinners and nest stadiums.

Yea they definitely could be more creative, there's a lot of the same things just reskinned. 

Edit: Goddamnit. Just saw your Stars cabinet and you weren't kidding

What can I say, I like them ?

Edited by GUDGER666

This Destiny 2 one is one of the better looking collectables. But I'm getting sick of JUST collectables every month and only getting 50 Coins (yeah it's 100, but I don't do the monthly picks because I'm not buying games at full price). Why can't we get more campaigns for coins? Some actual incentive to keep up with this whole thing? I was originally attempting to see how long it'd take to get to 5000 for the $20 PSN card, but I stopped caring and just redeemed 2500 of what I had...considering most of it came from purchases anyways, it wasn't worth trying to build them up from the lousy amount we get through campaigns. 

Edited by Viper
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, BIOHAZARD-R-US said:

My July Monthly Picks challenge includes Alan Wake Remastered, but adding it to my library and even launching it does not grant me completion of the challenge. I had my hopes up ?

Would be too good to be true. I tried too but you have to actually purchase the games.

Just found the black PocketStation was added to my collectibles inventory a few days ago.

Maybe check yours to see if you got it too.

Strange. I got it back in April, out of the blue as well though. 

I do have a new campaign for a PS3 Super Slim collectable. At last! Just need the ones for the original model and standard slim now (I’ve had one of each model over the years). 

I got the black pocketstation last month also out of the blue. No white pocketstation here.

Also got a campaign for the PS3 Super Slim. I have never owned a super slim. Never got the campaign for the slim. But did receive the campaign for the original twice (but only got the collectible once). No idea what is going on there.

13 minutes ago, Crossfiyah8771 said:

Am I the only one that things the PS Stars thing is utterly pointless in the way they've implemented it so far? I thought it would be a true rewards program but it's just not.

Yeah, it's not the greatest, but it's better than having nothing at all!

My biggest gripe is that there's literally no reward for earning lots of trophies even though they said you level up from earning trophies. But levelling up does literally nothing except supposedly give you priority customer service...

It would be nice if they added stuff like x2 points on purchases for higher tiers or occasional challenges like earn 5 non-common platinum trophies for 50 points.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Crossfiyah8771 said:

Am I the only one that things the PS Stars thing is utterly pointless in the way they've implemented it so far? I thought it would be a true rewards program but it's just not.

Works like most rewards program do, doesn't it? You get a small cashback for purchases made from their store. Some meaningless collectibles on top of it. What do "true rewards programs" do?

I will always support and celebrate PS Stars for the simple fact that Sony took a step back and didn't make it a vehicle for NFTs.

8 minutes ago, Jeanoltt said:

Are the PS3 collectibles available for everyone with the console?

Seems to be random. I had a chubby PS3 and 2 slim PS3s and never got any collectible.

• Like 3