The all new PlayStation Stars loyalty program (Stars are not NFTs)

The_Kopite

3 hours ago, Crossfiyah8771 said:

Am I the only one that things the PS Stars thing is utterly pointless in the way they've implemented it so far? I thought it would be a true rewards program but it's just not.

The rewards part imo is pretty crap. The coins we get each month for playing games is pathetic, doing those it takes a year or more just to get £5, and you have to be on Extra! Microsoft Rewards you get £5 every month for free!

I wasn't interested much in the Collectibles at first but I've got into them now. They are still in the early days, a leaderboard has been created for those, you can also view all the Collectables someone has, as far as I'm aware it's the only place that offers it.

I best not name where because my comment will probably be deleted. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Jerry_Appleby said:

Yeah, it's not the greatest, but it's better than having nothing at all!

My biggest gripe is that there's literally no reward for earning lots of trophies even though they said you level up from earning trophies. But levelling up does literally nothing except supposedly give you priority customer service...

It would be nice if they added stuff like x2 points on purchases for higher tiers or occasional challenges like earn 5 non-common platinum trophies for 50 points.

Let me say it this way: It would be great if PS Home still existed and the collectibles were furniture for the home space there. But the way it is now, pretty pointless.  I'll enjoy some free store credit every now and then, but that's it.

8 hours ago, GUDGER666 said:

... a leaderboard has been created for those, you can also view all the Collectables someone has, as far as I'm aware it's the only place that offers it.

I best not name where because my comment will probably be deleted. 

Ok, two things:

First: I think it's a bit ridiculous that people turn everything into a competition.

Second: Where is that? I gotta see it now.

• Like 2

I love the collectibles and even if those weren't a thing, getting coins for your purchases is great. I buy a lot of games and getting cashback is awesome, as it allows me to save money on things I would have bought normallly anyway, such as DLC.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, shadaik said:

Let me say it this way: It would be great if PS Home still existed and the collectibles were furniture for the home space there. But the way it is now, pretty pointless.  I'll enjoy some free store credit every now and then, but that's it.

That's what I was hoping they'd do: make a Hokko life style mini house game, partner with Netherrealms (it's free) for a ps home feell, or just resurrect ps home (not all of it, just the apartment with funiture).  

Give us a small ps home/MS Bob app to play with our stuff.  

On 7/18/2023 at 4:45 PM, Crossfiyah8771 said:

Am I the only one that things the PS Stars thing is utterly pointless in the way they've implemented it so far? I thought it would be a true rewards program but it's just not.

No, I posted about 10 days ago about how this whole thing has been pointless, and borders on being a scam with the coins we get. Designed around us spending spending spending and getting pennies in return. 

Any time we've ever gotten something that really works in OUR favor it gets shut down once the business doing it realizes it benefits us more:

Best Buy had the Gamers Club Unlocked. $30 for a TWO Year Subscription, and you got 20% off all New games (new as in not used, didn't matter when they came out) which also included games being on sale, plus a bunch of other benefits that saw you get points that could build up to get MORE money off. 

Amazon used to have 20% off New games if you were with Prime. What did they do? Took all that away and made Prime more expensive.

Sony Rewards trophy rewards program (unfortunately no one outside the US got to experience this one). $10 PSN card cost 1000 points from them...you got 1000 points just from earning 10 Platinums (as well as 250 Points per 25 Golds, and 100 points per 100 Silvers). As soon as they realized how crazy trophy hunters really are with trophy hunting, they shut it down. 

If you like these collectibles, that's cool...I like some of them too, such as the PS3 consoles. But this whole thing has just felt like a huge waste of time. Frankly I was more interested in the starting days when we were still leveling up, at least then it felt like you were building to something. But once you hit Level 4 (which takes no time at all) it doesn't matter any more. If they balanced the collectibles and giving more coins (more than the piddly 100-150 we get a month), it wouldn't be so bad. 

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Viper said:

No, I posted about 10 days ago about how this whole thing has been pointless, and borders on being a scam with the coins we get. Designed around us spending spending spending and getting pennies in return. 

Not trying to defend Sony...but

If 1250 coins = $5

And you say a month we can get 100-150 coins

It would take about 8-9months for $5, but how many users are there?? especially since its sorta free thing, right?. Sony says there is about 47million plus subscribers, okay, lets only use 10% of that. So 4.7million, are loyalty reward users.

4.7 million x $5. 

Sony is giving away $23,500,000 every 8-9months.

That seems to be a lot of money already with just those coins.

Of course I dont think there is that many users so, maybe just 1% of the plus user base. Should be about 470,000.

470,000 x $5 = $2,350,000

Still a good chunk of money to give back..

It would had been nice if we got back more for buying stuff, 10points for every $1 seems a bit petty. I would have to spend $125 for that $5, which is like 4% cashback?? 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, LadyGallethX3 said:

Not trying to defend Sony...but

If 1250 coins = $5

And you say a month we can get 100-150 coins

It would take about 8-9months for $5, but how many users are there?? especially since its sorta free thing, right?. Sony says there is about 47million plus subscribers, okay, lets only use 10% of that. So 4.7million, are loyalty reward users.

4.7 million x $5. 

Of course I dont think there is that many users so, maybe just 1% of the plus user base. Should be about 470,000.

470,000 x $5 = $2,350,000

Still a good chunk of money to give back..

It would had been nice if we got back more for buying stuff, 10points for every $1 seems a bit petty. I would have to spend $125 for that $5, which is like 4% cashback?? 

Yeah I get the math here...but you can't quote the first part then leave out the actual point of what I was saying here. I get that Sony can't just do something and get nothing out of it, like someone brought up Microsoft giving $5 away for free every month. It's Microsoft they have more money than they know what to do with, they can afford it. Sony needs to play the long game. But the things I brought up were services that benefitted us more than them and in the end it felt GOOD to subscribe to these things and actually participate. 

Again, I get it from a business standpoint. I just miss having something that felt like I was winning as the customer, I didn't have to spend spend spend to get the ultimate benefit. Sometimes in life it's just nice when you have the rare moments when you're literally having your cake and eating it too. It's nice when you have something that treats the customer like they matter more than the money...a mindset I feel like we've lost in this world a long time ago.

18 minutes ago, LadyGallethX3 said:

I mean yea, but it's going straight back in their pockets. Technically they aren't giving anything away, you're just getting a discount on something. 

30 minutes ago, LadyGallethX3 said:

I would have to spend $125 for that $5, which is like 4% cashback?? 

Isn't 4% pretty good? with the bonus points we get if you do all the things each month it starts getting a bit better as well

just in terms of money back in your pocket, what would people be happy with? we're never gonna get something in the 10% range, plenty of companies (at least here in Japan) only give 1 and 2% back on what you buy

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sully917 said:

Isn't 4% pretty good? with the bonus points we get if you do all the things each month it starts getting a bit better as well

just in terms of money back in your pocket, what would people be happy with? we're never gonna get something in the 10% range, plenty of companies (at least here in Japan) only give 1 and 2% back on what you buy

Yea the money back on purchases isn't bad, you have to be a Plus member though to get it I think. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, LadyGallethX3 said:

10points for every $1 seems a bit petty. I would have to spend $125 for that $5, which is like 4% cashback?? 

Most rewards programs through retailers offer something like 5% in terms of points to cash. I worked at TJ Maxx for a year and their Credit Card offered $5 rewards on every $100 purchased. Best Buy is terrible though, giving $5 rewards for every $250 spent. Without checking, I feel like Kohls is one of the best, since they’re always handing out Kohls Cash, and something like $5 for every $50 spent with their Credit Card. 

4% back is mid-tier rewards IMO. Not terrible, but not great either. And when you factor in the free coins per month it does creep closer to that top-tier 5% mark

• Like 1

10 hours ago, GUDGER666 said:

I mean yea, but it's going straight back in their pockets. Technically they aren't giving anything away, you're just getting a discount on something. 

If we are getting technical they are giving away $3.5 to developers for every $5 discount the user gets.

Question, 

if I want to complete this challenge. Can I complete it with the game trail. Because I have never played sport games on my account. But want to get this collectible. As trails never award trophies. 

and the people who are familiar with game how to complete them. Are they quickly obtained or required more time. Because trials usually runs for like 2 or 3 hours. Thanks 

2f2c0e6b-9764-46e1-a4da-ad1ee1f92764.jpe

Edited by ZEE11W

9 minutes ago, LastMinuteSavior said:

@ZEE11W Can't really answer your question, but are you sure you don't have access to the full game? It was part of the PS+ June line-up.

I was also about to download the trial 2 days ago to complete a different campaign, but then I remembered I had the full game from Plus.

Completely forgot that it was a part of PS+. Scratch that then. Not starting it. Full game will unlock trophies I don’t want to accidentally unlocking one on my account. Thanks 

It's Lamington Day!
Celebrate this delicious Australian treat with us by grabbing a couple of squares and playing some games! Please wipe your hands before grabbing the controller.

Unlocks the 'That's not a Cake' collectible which is a gen 1 PS4 camera that is made of lamingtons.

Unlocked by playing any PS4 or PS5 game. It's a 1 day only collectible. July 21st.

Edited by MrHealthy
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, MaRo-1000 said:

Question here!!!

i have 30.000 points in that app, is it more worth buying games for coins or just the psn codes ( 20$ )??

because they go down after 2 years.

Do not buy games with your points! Only buy the store credit.
I have noticed games costing more points than if you would just buy them with credit. And the available games often go on sale, but the required coins stay the same.

• Like 4

Just completed the July monthly picks campaign by buying Sayonara Wild Hearts, it says I've completed the campaign but it never gave me the 50 points reward for it, anyone had this problem before?

50 points isn't a big deal but it's still annoying

Edited by MD_91

5 minutes ago, MD_91 said:

Just completed the July monthly picks campaign by buying Sayonara Wild Hearts, it says I've completed the campaign but it never gave me the 50 coins reward for it, anyone had this problem before?

50 coins isn't a big deal but it's still annoying

Try exiting the app and re-loading it.

Sometimes that's all it takes for it to register your new total coins.